New Sack Exchange

Veritas

Seven sacks outstanding against a very good QB and team as well. These gentlemen on the D line will provide many wins once the weather turns. It was the first game and Green had a very good day. Some amazing catches. I'll bet our great corner such as Revis will reflect on what occurred and our Coaches will adapt their plans. I have been a Jets fan since 1964 and I truly believe this is the best team we have had since the sack exchange. The team learned a valuable lesson yesterday and they will recover and WIN. To Folk Revis Williams Fitz and Marshall there are fifteen other games give it hell and if you win the bulk of them you can beat the bungles another day in the Playoffs. You just had an off game.

2 minutes ago, Veritas said:

Seven sacks outstanding against a very good QB and team as well. These gentlemen on the D line will provide many wins once the weather turns. It was the first game and Green had a very good day. Some amazing catches. I'll bet our great corner such as Revis will reflect on what occurred and our Coaches will adapt their plans. I have been a Jets fan since 1964 and I truly believe this is the best team we have had since the sack exchange. The team learned a valuable lesson yesterday and they will recover and WIN. To Folk Revis Williams Fitz and Marshall there are fifteen other games give it hell and if you win the bulk of them you can beat the bungles another day in the Playoffs. You just had an off game.

HARUMPH!!!

2 minutes ago, Veritas said:

Thursday will let us know. Right now, Great D Line or not, Bowles seems to be coaching as if it was week 17 last year.   

If we had won we would all be chatting about this today instead of the doom and  gloom.

McLendon really impressed me with his ability to penetrate the backfield and sack the qb. He almost seems like a better fit for this defense than Snacks was as his pressure up the middle opened lanes for Williams and Wilk to provide pressure. The dl accounted for 6 sacks and 6 tackles for a loss. That is the production we have been looking for all these years.

well when they named them the sack exchange in 1981 we lost a 1 pt game to Cincy at home and lost at Buffalo the first 2 weeks(though Buf was opener and Cincy week 2) before eventually falling to 0-3 then going 10-2-1 the rest of the way en route to the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

well when they named them the sack exchange in 1981 we lost a 1 pt game to Cincy at home and lost at Buffalo the first 2 weeks(though Buf was opener and Cincy week 2) before eventually falling to 0-3 then going 10-2-1 the rest of the way en route to the playoffs.

Damn bro!!!  Pulling out some solid history for dat ass. 

I look forward to that tie!!!

;-)

Let's just STOP all the wannabe clever Titles and nicknames coronating individual units and or players. BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW AWESOME it was to produce 7 sacks in 1 game as opposed to to TOTAL of 30 sacks in 2012, 40 sacks  in 2013,  45  sacks in 2014, & 38 sacks  in 2015. That's an average of 38 sacks per year over the last four years and YESTERDAY ALONE we produced 18% of our annual sacks average IN ONE GAME!!!

AND WE STILL LOST!!!

Let them play UP TO their potential as a DEFENSE. All this patting on the back of the DLine and laudation of their greatness is moot when we CAN't HOLD A LEAD in the in final 3 minutes of the game. Settle down and stop with the stupid names. When we WIN something and in a CONVINCING DOMINANT matter, THEN maybe we can bask this blue chip DLine in the sun. JUST WIN!

Archived