Cromartie kneels today in London

joewilly12

LOOK: Ex-Jet Antonio Cromartie kneels, raises fist during national anthem

Britain Colts Jaguars Football
Indianapolis Colts cornerback Antonio Cromartie (31) kneels during the national anthem, before an NFL football game between the Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley stadium in London, Sunday Oct. 2, 2016. (AP Photo | Matt Dunham)

Former Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie was part of an individual peaceful protest before the Colts-Jaguars game at Wembley Stadium in London. 

Cromartie, now the starting cornerback for Indianapolis, took a knee in raised his fist during the playing of the national anthem. He stood during the playing of "God Save the Queen."

You can see a photo of Cromartie's protest below: 

Cromartie, 32, signed with Indianapolis just before the start of the season after injuries ravaged the team's defensive back position. He spent the first four years of his career with the Chargers, next four with the Jets, one with the Cardinals, then returned to New York in 2015.

The Jets released Cromartie in February. The transaction freed nearly $9 million in salary cap space. 

Throughout his career, Cromartie has been one of the NFL's better cornerbacks. He was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2007, then again from 2012 through 2014. In 2007, he was voted first-team, all-pro. He has 114 career pass deflections and 31 interceptions. 

This season, though, Cromartie has struggled. And that hasn't changed playing overseas. The cornerback was beaten bad for a touchdown early in the game by Jacksonville receiver Allen Robinson. 

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

Lot's of talk about him.. None of WHY he is kneeling. Still crickets on the WHY. He can protest peacefully all he wants to. As a veteran, I put my life on the line to support his freedoms and yours. 

I agree. Americans like freedom of speech until someone exercises it. 

That said, it's fun to make fun of Cromartie. 

Archived