JETS; underacheiving Def, overpaid QB, overrated offense.

Paradis

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

You have to be all-in with the 20th pick, but at 54 or wherever Hack was selected, it's okay to have him as a fourth-stringer behind a cast of nobodies? Gotcha

Right because clearly they should have been desperate enough to gamble with their first round pick instead of their second. Gotcha

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The defense isnt that talented. There's only so much interior linemen can do.

We have a few young talented linebackers. Skrine is decent, Pryor is decent (when not playing in deep coverage). Revis hasn't looked good but most teams would probably still take him as their #2 corner atleast. We have much more potential than we are getting out of our players and that is the problem.

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Right because clearly they should have been desperate enough to gamble with their first round pick instead of their second. Gotcha

Drafting Lynch at 20th overall is a gamble, but drafting the worst QB in the draft, in the 2nd round is somehow a calculated maneuver? Jesus. 

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

We have a few young talented linebackers. Skrine is decent, Pryor is decent (when not playing in deep coverage). Revis hasn't looked good but most teams would probably still take him as their #2 corner atleast. We have much more potential than we are getting out of our players and that is the problem.

Forget the QB position for a minute, I can't think of any team in recent history to make a super bowl that's had as weak a group of linebackers as the jets have now. Maybe 2011 giants?

Just now, cant wait said:

Forget the QB position for a minute, I can't think of any team in recent history to make a super bowl that's had as weak a group of linebackers as the jets have now. Maybe 2011 giants?

yeah, I think the reliance on Harris is a problem.

I mean, it's not like calling the defense is really something that nobody else can do.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

yeah, I think the reliance on Harris is a problem.

I mean, it's not like calling the defense is really something that nobody else can do.

Harris would be a better fit if the jets were a straight 3-4 base defense but they play so much nickel and sub packages that he doesn't really have the range for

7 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Our linebackers are not weak they are young and inexperienced. Lee, Jenkins, Mauldin all young players who should improve over the season.

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

The LB's have potential but by no means are a strength of this team

The only point that i am trying to make is that our defense has more to give than we are getting out of it. We have talent that is not being used or not being used properly.

48 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

If that's their thinking, then they're f*cking morons and deserve to be booted.  You never pass on a possible franchise QB, ever. There's literally no reason to ever do so. If they believed that Lynch could have been one, but passed because he wasn't a plug-n-play guy, then I hope they lose their jobs and their toilets get clogged and their house smells like sh*t, but because they lost their jobs, they have to live in a house that smells like sh*t. And even when they clean it, it just smells like sh*t, with a hint of lemon. 

GM's new nickname: Lemony Fresh

20 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Drafting Lynch at 20th overall is a gamble, but drafting the worst QB in the draft, in the 2nd round is somehow a calculated maneuver? Jesus. 

Right because clearly the jets also thought they were drafting the worst QB in the draft too. The funny thing is I actually wanted lynch, but unlike yourself I don't pretend like I really know about scouting and evaluating QB prospects

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont forget our sh*tty RBs 

I don't know about that JW. O line has no push and is creating no holes. RB's are running into Defensive walls. That's one of many, many problems.

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The only point that i am trying to make is that our defense has more to give than we are getting out of it. We have talent that is not being used or not being used properly.

I agree with you, there's talent there it just needs some time to be developed. The problem is the jets veteran nucleus is starting to get old and the replacements are still very young

6 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I don't know about that JW. O line has no push and is creating no holes. RB's are running into Defensive walls. That's one of many, many problems.

Forte old retread has been Powell mediocre at best 

We need a young RB who can brake it open and a power back who can push and score on goal line 

38 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Steps To Building A Super Bowl Team:

1. Upgrade linebackers

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Forte old retread has been Powell mediocre at best 

We need a young RB who can brake it open and a power back who can push and score on goal line 

No where to run....no where to hide. Not sure if it's the offensive blocking schemes or just bad blocking but I saw no push today. Just pile ups on the Line. 

Archived