Forte on Fitz

AFJF

6 minutes ago, August said:

My reasons for playing Geno is because the starting QB has played poorly in 3 out of the 4 games this season. And that there will be accountability for poor play. If Geno goes in and plays well then great if not you can always go back to Fitzpatrick or play Petty if he's healthy enough. 

If those are your reasons, then they don't consider the big picture and to me... are short-sighted. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, j4jets said:

You girls are pretending to be in a tag team matchup it seems. Its only been 2 games and yall have lost your sanity. Sort of like how Tyresse dies in Walking Dead. Oh yeah, thats right. Y'all only watch "Orange is the new black". 

There's literally no insult I can make here that is more damaging to you than what you just wrote out. So, there's that.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If those are your reasons, then they don't consider the big picture and to me... are short-sighted. 

Their exists....a small, albeit small, possibility that Geno has matured and if given a 3 game run, he could show up. If not, cut him on the spot.  Literally, release him.    But simply being under Rex his entire career should warrant him starting a game. NOT coming in mid game.   Then we can rid our selves of him for good.  

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Their exists....a small, albeit small, possibility that Geno has matured and if given a 3 game run, he could show up. If not, cut him on the spot.  Literally, release him.    But simply being under Rex his entire career should warrant him starting a game. NOT coming in mid game.   Then we can rid our selves of him for good.  

I don't know about him being mature. He certainly comes across as a whiny, spoiled brat. But considering that he's played well in his last 5 games, I think he has a chance to be solid.

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There's literally no insult I can make here that is more damaging to you than what you just wrote out. So, there's that.

Its ok to root for losses, just so you know. Oh and you'll get over you man love for Fitz. 

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

the JETS gain nothing from playing him.

Again, they gain the time to evaluate the OL with a QB who doesn't ALWAYS take the first read and the WRs get to play in NFL games with a QB with an arm.

AND Petty gets more time to sit and watch IF the OL isn't any good.

And, hey, if the Jets win, it builds confidence.

there are many benefits if your mind isn't filled with Anti-Smith notions.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And injuries, or so I hear from certain Geno fans.

Name ONE Geno Smith fan [I think I'm one of three who even claim to like him] who has rooted for any injuries. You can't.

Please, that's the kind of immature bullsh*t that only the Anti-Geno posters engage in.

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You've yet to provide an argument for Geno playing over Petty.  

Presuming Fitz continues to sh*t the bed, accountability would be assessed when Fitz was replaced by Petty.

Petty has a future here in New York.  Geno Smith clearly and unquestionably does not.  

So again, unless Geno can 1. get us to the playoffs AND 2. Earn himself a new Jets Contract, the JETS gain nothing from playing him.

Once the season is lost, the only purpose from a Front Office perspective is planning for 2017 and beyond.  Geno does not exist in those plans.

I gave you my reasons for making a switch. So pretty much agree to disagree. 

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You've yet to provide an argument for Geno playing over Petty.  

You've yet to provide an argument for Fitz playing over anyone on the roster. 

Presuming Fitz continues to sh*t the bed, accountability would be assessed when Fitz was replaced by Petty.

Next man up approach. And thats Geno right now. 

Petty has a future here in New York.  Geno Smith clearly and unquestionably does not.  

Petty hasn't seen the NFL yet. Geno has played well since he's had half decent cast around him. 

So again, unless Geno can 1. get us to the playoffs AND 2. Earn himself a new Jets Contract, the JETS gain nothing from playing him.

And why is Fitz starting again? Just curious to know why you agree with Fitz being the starter at this point. 

Once the season is lost, the only purpose from a Front Office perspective is planning for 2017 and beyond.  Geno does not exist in those plans.

Then why not play Hack? Your excuses about Geno not playing is totally wrong. Bowles and Macc are saving their faces after paying $12mil to Fitz and seeing how that entire sh*tshow is exploding right infront of their eyes. 

6 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Name ONE Geno Smith fan [I think I'm one of three who even claim to like him] who has rooted for any injuries. You can't.

Please, that's the kind of immature bullsh*t that only the Anti-Geno posters engage in.

You think they'd be smarter for being on the Fitz train. But no. They are just like him.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

If we replaced Fitz with Geno right now, do you think....

1. That Geno would lead us to the playoffs?

2. That Geno would play well enough to earn being resigned here?

3. Bowles wants to play a QB that isn't the worst in the NFL through week 4

4. Bowles wants his team to believe him when he publicly declares people will be held accountable

5. The Jets want to score more points than the other team

6. They don't want to waste the talents of young WR's who's skills are minimized with Fitz in the game

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

Instead of Ryan Fitzpatrick, fill in 'whoever is the starting QB' and you will get this same line from almost every NFL teammate. It means nothing. Teammates are good teammates when they support their fellow teammates -especially the starting QB- through tough stretches.

Just now, j4jets said:

You think they'd be smarter for being on the Fitz train. But no. They are just like him.

I have nothing against Fitz personally. I just don't think he should be playing anymore.

And, while I like Petty, a couple of TD completions in preseason action is hardly proof positive he's "the answer" to the Jets QBing issues.

And on a team, if you're the backup and the starter gets benched, they don't skip you for the guy who DIDN'T beat you out  simply because your name is Geno Smith. If Petty is No. 2., he should be in. If he's No. 3, when the No. 2 guy show's he's not capable or injured he goes in. It's been like that since sports teams were created. 1st string, 2nd string, 3rd string. Not 1st string, Petty, 2nd String.

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I have nothing against Fitz personally. I just don't think he should be playing anymore.

Im with you there. 

And, while I like Petty, a couple of TD completions in preseason action is hardly proof positive he's "the answer" to the Jets QBing issues.

Exactly what I've been saying. 

And on a team, if you're the backup and the starter gets benched, they don't skip you for the guy who DIDN'T beat you out  simply because your name is Geno Smith. If Petty is No. 2., he should be in. If he's No. 3, when the No. 2 guy show's he's not capable or injured he goes in. It's been like that since sports teams were created. 1st string, 2nd string, 3rd string. Not 1st string, Petty, 2nd String.

Its like you haven't been infected with the Petty fever yet. 

50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Works for me. 

That's what the blowhards can't seem to grasp.  All anyone is saying is they'd like to see if Geno has matured.  It would be nice to see something other than a screen, 7 yard slant, or backshoulder 50/50 ball in the playbook.

How many times do we have to see guys slow down, contort themselves, and try and jump through the defender to catch a ball?

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Works for me. 

That's what the blowhards can't seem to grasp.  All anyone is saying is they'd like to see if Geno has matured.  It would be nice to see something other than a screen, 7 yard slant, or backshoulder 50/50 ball in the playbook.

How many times do we have to see guys slow down, contort themselves, and try and jump through the defender to catch a ball?

I'd think we have about 4 more wks of that. Bowles has a thing for Fitz. And then it'll be Petty cuz, you know, he threw 2 TDs in the preseason!!!

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Works for me. 

OMG, you're so right.

All I'd like to see is a REAL NFL offense. Where the QB can hit a WR IN STRIDE and take the top off a defense. If Fitzpatrick could do that, I wouldn't be advocating a change. But, after almost a year and a half, it's clear he cannot.

this offense is brutal with Fitzpatrick running it. Even when they score it takes so many plays. And then, there's the ball security in the red zone issues to deal with.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if Geno Smith was even halfway decent they wouldn't have paid Fitz $12 mil. This argument was settled months ago. Fitz only sits in the case of injury. 

Geno won 8 games as a rookie. FITZ has won more than 8 games how many times? FITZ is taking us no where. 

Your statemnt that 12 mil tells us everything asks us to believe Bowles is a solid talent and player evaluator. 

I've seen little evidence if that.  Starting Geno, if FITZ loses the next few games is all we are saying. 

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

Wait, what? Sarcasm right? I honestly can't tell if you're serious or sarcasm. Your posts have been that bad.

Completely serious.

When your franchise quarterback prospect busts, you don't blame the journeyman band aid brought in to make a go of it; you blame the bust.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Geno won 8 games as a rookie. FITZ has won more than 8 games how many times? FITZ is taking us no where. 

Your statemnt that 12 mil tells us everything asks us to believe Bowles is a solid talent and player evaluator. 

I've seen little evidence if that.  Starting Geno, if FITZ loses the next few games is all we are saying. 

agreed with everything except the last part.  I don't want to see a few more Fitz games.  If he sucks in this one against one of the worst pass D's in the league then no more evidence is needed.  Bench him post haste and let Genos triumphant return commence.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Completely serious.

When your franchise quarterback prospect busts, you don't blame the journeyman band aid brought in to make a go of it; you blame the bust.

SAR I

no one is buying this tag line you've created and use with regularity.  Not even your pseudo intellectual, Cosmopolitan drinking brethren.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

no one is buying this tag line you've created and use with regularity.  Not even your pseudo intellectual, Cosmopolitan drinking brethren.

I don't care who is buying, it's the truth.

Geno Smith cost us a high draft pick, the passing over other good quarterback prospects, two seasons of brutal football, and a locker room distraction.  What, you think he holds no blame? You think in Year 4 he is supposed to be some scrub benchwarmer, the punchline of a joke? 

When your chosen quarterback of the future busts it sets you back 4 years. We are paying the price today for Geno Smith's failure since 2013.  The composition of our coaching staff, roster, and journeyman quarterback is completely traceable to one man's failure.  Blame him. 

SAR I

Archived