This team has been unprepared all season!

mickeyshuler

WHAT BOTHERS ME IS THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENTS. LOOK I LIKE BOWLES. IS HE JUST A GOOD COORDINATOR AND NOT A GOOD HEAD COACH.? it is too soon to know. We need to see more but he is too stubborn to a core to make changes. i never liked Fitz but he was the best we had. Did anyone watch him at Houston. An average to below average QB. That is the upper management who caused this. This is why the hiring of Gailey was good and bad. Yes Chan coached Fitz  him but he has to understand a 4 receiver set is not the right offense for an average to below average QB. You are killing the defense since they are exhausted if you go three and outs. I think Petty needs to be given a chance. He made a big jump from last year and Geno shouldn't even be in this league. Geno go to Canada and refine your game. Warren Moon did it. The season is over basically so every player should be playing for his job. Lets see if they play for Todd.    

Just now, RSJ said:

This team just isn't very good. The defense lost a few players, the free agents they signed two years ago are showing their age. The roster Bowles and Mac took over was by far the worst in the NFL.

agree to an extent.  You can't have stars at every position.   A good coach figures out how to make due with what's on the roster.    

Macc may be in over his head too.   Wilkerson is a waste of money, Revis sucks, no attention paid to OL, and the young players aren't really showing much outside of Williams and Lee.  

Just now, LionelRichie said:

agree to an extent.  You can't have stars at every position.   A good coach figures out how to make due with what's on the roster.    

Macc may be in over his head too.   Wilkerson is a waste of money, Revis sucks, no attention paid to OL, and the young players aren't really showing much outside of Williams and Lee.  

Yeah, I would agree here most of the time. But I really dont see a clear gameplan from a roster standpoint. They have half 3-4 players and half 4-3 players. They have half a zone secondary and half a man to man secondary. They have a mix of zone blocking and power blocking on the OL. WR's dont have a good mix, ditto RB. This roster is really, really bad,

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Yeah, I would agree here most of the time. But I really dont see a clear gameplan from a roster standpoint. They have half 3-4 players and half 4-3 players. They have half a zone secondary and half a man to man secondary. They have a mix of zone blocking and power blocking on the OL. WR's dont have a good mix, ditto RB. This roster is really, really bad,

..and this is not a one or two year fix.  And we don't know what we have at qb. 

FML.

Both of these buffoons are over their heads. I said it when Mac was signed and saw the questionable moves he made and  the draft picks.  I received 19 negative reps LOL. I wonder what's the record. It was further cemented seeing Bowles inability to actually coach an ongoing game. He is simply clueless and lacks any motivational grit. Getting to 10-6 and having a shot at the playoffs was remarkable last year even though we had a favorable schedule.  That was owed to Fitz who had the best year of his career.  Had he been the usual Fitz last year, we would have mirrored this year. This team and organization lacks congruity, passion, talent, and direction in all phases. Bowles will get another year or two at the least and then be axed. Mac will get to pick his own coach and last another 3-4 years before Woody figures out he's been had.  Be prepared for 4 disappointing years of more of the same.  

This team needs a QB who happens to be the leader and while Fitzpatrick happens to be a very good leader, he's also a very poor QB  .  Last yr Ron Rivera won Coach of the year, and this year his team is 1-5 . Is he a terrible coach, or have circumstances conspired to create a perfect storm for losing thus far ? . The Great Bill Parcells (at least to some) once said that he don't coach turnovers or Penalties. yet for some unreal reason, they still occur .

Todd Bowles is a good coach who's finding out about his team the hard way . Last season, expectations were minimal, and we played a cream puff schedule . We couldn't even make the playoffs in a year were our QB put up record setting team numbers . Because we did as well as we did, we got to step up to and play the SEC, and what we are finding out is that Bama is for real and we are still Rutgers .

The best thing that could have happened to the Jets and Todd Bowles was not making the Playoffs last yr.  Rex Ryan Did The Jets a huge favor, and now it's up to Woody Johnson to allow that favor to work for the Good of his Jet franchise . Before something can grow, it has to die and be reborn. 

The terrible QB play is overshadowing one of the worst coaching performances in the league, especially on the defensive side of the ball.  This whole staff should be fired after the crap we've seen the past 4 weeks against the better teams in the NFL.  They are so far from being a playoff team it's laughable.

No one is held accountable. If you are not playing well you are benched. Gase in Miami did not let his starting rb go on an road trip with the team,left him home. Guy had over 200 yds against pitts. Byron Maxwell benched and he stopped Pitts best wide out the next week. Forte needs to be benched, Fitz needs to be benched, may I say it , yes  Mr Marshall needs to be benched. Why Mr Marshall never has a great year the second year with a new team. He looks like the second year player in Miami and Chicago. You need to change his head, one game is a small price to pay if he plays like he did last year. Bench him these guys do have a lot of pride and have never in the career been made to sit on the sidelines when healthy. Maybe even Mo

21 hours ago, RSJ said:

that's my point on Macc, why does he get a free pass?    not only has he failed to put together a competitive team but we gave up a 4th next season for a dude who isn't even active on Sundays.    

Maybe BRANDONSHELLISTHEFUTURE but right now it looks like this team is going to need as many draft picks as possible in 2017 and now we are 1 short.  

1 minute ago, LionelRichie said:

that's my point on Macc, why does he get a free pass?    not only has he failed to put together a competitive team but we gave up a 4th next season for a dude who isn't even active on Sundays.    

Maybe BRANDONSHELLISTHEFUTURE but right now it looks like this team is going to need as many draft picks as possible in 2017 and now we are 1 short.  

I can only speak for me personally - but I give him a pass because of how bad the roster was in 2014. A lot of the players "out of place" are holdovers - but some are not. I also personally like his drafts. I feel like GM's with a scouting background draft for long term potential. I think that's why some of his picks will need a little time before we see the full potential. Most of his picks have been on the younger side age wise and are not physically, fully developed yet.

The Yin and the Yang: While the Jets did not surrender any big plays in the secondary, the unit was flagged for six penalties.

“On the plus side, they didn’t give up a big play on the deep ball. On the bad side, there were too many hands in the penalty department,” Bowles said. “They competed harder, they played harder, but the penalties can’t happen back there. They let two drives sustain and turn into touchdowns where we off the field, so from that standpoint they really need to be cleaned up.”

Archived