1-0 in AFC EAST

kevinc855

We will pull a full out Rex season here I am sure of it.  Beat a few division rivals late, ruin their season and all clap like trained seals until i comes to draft day and we realize that we missed out on dynamic players A, B C because we won meaningless games vs buffalo and Miami.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We will pull a full out Rex season here I am sure of it.  Beat a few division rivals late, ruin their season and all clap like trained seals until i comes to draft day and we realize that we missed out on dynamic players A, B C because we won meaningless games vs buffalo and Miami.

You all need to get of the fan mindset and step into the players. These are pro athletes who play for money, stats mean contracts to them, W and L's mean contracts for Coaches and Front office. No team is going to "give up" and no game to them is meaningless. They are going to play to win each game no matter what the fan base says.

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You all need to get of the fan mindset and step into the players. These are pro athletes who play for money, stats mean contracts to them, W and L's mean contracts for Coaches and Front office. No team is going to "give up" and no game to them is meaningless. They are going to play to win each game no matter what the fan base says.

Absolutely, that is why the fans get so tiffed.  Where the hell is this effort now instead of after the season is lost?

5 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

I like the positivity, because right now we are the worst team in the league

Record wise, the Browns are worse (and we play them week 8). And the Jets are tied with the Panthers, Niners, and Bears.

They could still be the worst team, I don't argue that. Your record is not everything. But the Jets also had the toughest schedule of any of these bad teams so far. They also still have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. So the argument that the Jet are the worst team in the NFL is weak, IMO. You can argue they are playing worse than any other team. But that's not even accurate either. I mean, have you seen Chicago play recently. It's sad to watch.  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Record wise, the Browns are worse (and we play them week 8). And the Jets are tied with the Panthers, Niners, and Bears.

They could still be the worst team, I don't argue that. Your record is not everything. But the Jets also had the toughest schedule of any of these bad teams so far. They also still have a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. So the argument that the Jet are the worst team in the NFL is weak, IMO. You can argue they are playing worse than any other team. But that's not even accurate either. I mean, have you seen Chicago play recently. It's sad to watch.  

Man, I'm getting po'd for everyone saying this.....IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

We have scored the fewest TDs of any team in the league. Even the 8 teams who have had a bye week have ALL scored more TDs than us. Even Chicago have scored 11. Browns have 13!

23 hours ago, peebag said:

Man, I'm getting po'd for everyone saying this.....IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!

Sure it is. 

Wilk, Richardson, L.Williams, Revis, Pryor, Lee, Harris, Skrine = talent

Forte, Clady, Mangold, Enunwa, Decker (albeit injured), Marshall = talent

I'm not saying they are playing well, they're not. I'm not saying they are being used properly, they're not. I'm not saying there's top tier NFL players in multiple position on the roster. Although you could argue based off last year's performances, Marshall and Wilk in particular ARE top tier NFL players at their positions. But the roster has considerable talent on both sides of the ball. It is why this team was considered to be in a win now position by the Coaching Staff and Jets brass. 

21 hours ago, jamesr said:

We have scored the fewest TDs of any team in the league. Even the 8 teams who have had a bye week have ALL scored more TDs than us. Even Chicago have scored 11. Browns have 13!

Yeah, that's an awful stat. But look at the defenses the Jets played. Steelers, Bengals, Bills, Seahawks, Cards, Chiefs. I'm really not trying to make excuses, I'm just saying your TD stat cannot be looked at in a vacuum. You could argue that Chi. and the Browns are THAT much worse b/c they didn't face nearly the same level of defenses and only scored 11 and 13 TDs, and the Browns could not even win any of their games. It's all in how you look at it. 

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Sure it is. 

Wilk, Richardson, L.Williams, Revis, Pryor, Lee, Harris, Skrine = talent

Forte, Clady, Mangold, Enunwa, Decker (albeit injured), Marshall = talent

I'm not saying they are playing well, they're not. I'm not saying they are being used properly, they're not. I'm not saying there's top tier NFL players in multiple position on the roster. Although you could argue based off last year's performances, Marshall and Wilk in particular ARE top tier NFL players at their positions. But the roster has considerable talent on both sides of the ball. It is why this team was considered to be in a win now position by the Coaching Staff and Jets brass. 

The team is definitely performing poorer than the sum of its parts suggest that it should.

Archived