"Todd Bowles opens possibility for Geno Smith to start for Jets" - Cimini

A Jet from Oz

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That was me pulling out all of the knives that I was stabbed in the back with last November when i told you guys about this Fitz character. Guys fell for the magic though. 

He's like the woman with a face full of makeup in a dark club. Lol. 

Now pardon me and let me continue removing those knives

It must kill some people to be proven wrong... 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

It must kill some people to be proven wrong... 

Some want to say something...but can't. They'll wait to see if Geno fails and will then try to spin what was said about Fitz and make it a Geno-lover's thing...completely ignoring my 3 years of requesting to trade for Mike Glennon. 

Either way...it's been fun watching the back tracking and moonwalking lol

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Some want to say something...but can't. They'll wait to see if Geno fails and will then try to spin what was said about Fitz and make it a Geno-lover's thing...completely ignoring my 3 years of requesting to trade for Mike Glennon. 

Bottom line is we are all fans and have all been wrong at one time or the other.  I really don't know what the big deal is... Sometimes folks like pride get the better of them. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whatever is the fastest way to getting one of our 2017 QBs into the huddle. If Bowles feels he needs to "do right" by his pecking order, I think it's unnecessary, but so be it. As long as he doesn't feel compelled to give Geno 5 games himself before going to Petty.

At this point, Maccagnan should be shopping Fitz around (if anyone would have him, but Pittsburgh would be a good start). Even if it's for a conditional 7th rounder in the year 2144. Just get him off the books and get the locker room - and more importantly, Todd Bowles - on board with the idea that there is no going back to him no matter what. Even offer to eat half his remaining 2016 salary. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I would say halfway yes and no. If you think a kid is the goods, even in the absence of stability at the position I think it's ok to draft a project. However it is not ok to do that in back to back drafts at that non-stabalized position. The only way out is to then throw a kid out there while he's still nailing down his friggin' mechanics, cut one prematurely, carry 4 QBs, or just don't go with the pretense that one (or either of two) of the team's non-stable QB options actually makes/keeps one a serious contender:

• Entering 2015 draft we have Geno as the team's only QB. We pick up Ryan Fitzpatrick and draft a project in round 4.
  • Entering 2016 we have Fitz unsigned, Geno and that round 4 project, and draft yet another project - this time in round 2 - before bringing back an injury-prone Ryan Fitzpatrick for double or triple his worth. Being injury-prone is not insignificant, since we have to truly accept the decent possibility of the #2 QB getting the job early in the season.

Draft one project QB? OK. You can keep a raw project as the #3 QB for 2 years.

Draft two of them in back to back drafts? Not OK. Now you need two #3 QB slots to carry them both without danger of inserting ahead of schedule.

I dont think drafting a project in the absence of stability is a good strategy.  Especially if you're trading up to take him.  That 4th round has produced some solid players who could have fit the Jets needs and instead of having an impact player, you're sitting a project who might not be on the roster next season.  It waste of how you allocate your resources and I believe it was attempted because of a false sense of security at the position.

On most losing teams, the most popular player on the team seems to be the backup quarterback. Everyone wants him in there.
We go one better. We bypass #2, and crave #3.

I crave seeing what we have in the only 2 qb's we have under contract next year and not more of the same from an already failed 2nd round pick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Tuesday morning.

Woody: Hey Todd, can I have a word with you in my office?

Todd: Sure, whats up?

Woody: Todd, I really think Geno should start this week.

Todd: Why? He is no good, and the only reason we have him is because he is the only QB with any experience at all, and we had a team we thought would win this year. We plan on releasing him as soon as Petty is healthy.

Woody: I really think Geno should start this week.

Todd: OK, thanks for your opinion, can I get back now, I want to meet with my coaches.

Woody: Not yet Todd, I REALLY think Geno should start this week.

Todd: Yes, you have made your opinion clear, thank you, but I am the HC and I will decide who starts, Ryan gives us the best chance to win, and Geno is an immature baby who everyone in the building hates.

Woody: Todd, I don't think your hearing me, I REALLY, REALLY think Geno should start this week. I know that you don't want to play him, but he is the best option for the NY Jets franchise right now. Here is what we will do, you are going to say you are thinking it over again and you reacted too quickly after the loss, and then after meeting with your coaches, you will decide to start Geno this week.

Todd: I want no part of that.

Woody: (smiling) Todd, I understand you dont' want to start Geno, but you have my word, no matter how this works out, I won't fire you after this season.

Todd: Isn't that what you told that Mangenius dude?

Woody: (smiling) Yes, but this time I REALLY mean it.

1 minute ago, mynmisoli said:

Oh the joy of sitting back and watching Fitz destroy another franchise. He is the problem but he has the fan base wanting everybody else fired lol. And to think that most of you wanted Fitztragic back this year. 

Is this revenge for the Jets giving your bills rex?

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Whatever is the fastest way to getting one of our 2017 QBs into the huddle. If Bowles feels he needs to "do right" by his pecking order, I think it's unnecessary, but so be it. As long as he doesn't feel compelled to give Geno 5 games himself before going to Petty.

At this point, Maccagnan should be shopping Fitz around (if anyone would have him, but Pittsburgh would be a good start). Even if it's for a conditional 7th rounder in the year 2144. Just get him off the books and get the locker room - and more importantly, Todd Bowles - on board with the idea that there is no going back to him no matter what. Even offer to eat half his remaining 2016 salary. 

I agree. Unless Geno somehow makes this 1-5 team a playoff team, Petty or Hack should most definitely be starting in 2017. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont think drafting a project in the absence of stability is a good strategy.  Especially if you're trading up to take him.  That 4th round has produced some solid players who could have fit the Jets needs and instead of having an impact player, you're sitting a project who might not be on the roster next season.  It waste of how you allocate your resources and I believe it was attempted because of a false sense of security at the position.

I don't 100% disagree, but if drafting a project and he's the #3 QB I don't see the harm on its face. Especially last year, where the 2 QBs drafted between Mariota and Petty are obvious improvements. I think one of the 3rd rounders (Grayson?) had already been demoted to the practice squad and nobody flinched to grab him. The other was so impressive that the Rams traded 3 drafts' worth of 1st rounders for Goff a year later. Next up was Petty. So I don't fault him for that.

To me, the harm is in only drafting projects, or failing to draft an additional QB that might have an accelerated curve because a project had already been drafted. For example, we don't take Prescott because we already drafted Hackenberg (and Petty). It locks the team into waiting 2 years for the first one, and then another year for the 2nd one, before truly go scorched-earth to find an alternative to both. Meanwhile 3 NFL seasons come and go, and that doesn't even count the possibility that the next one won't be a project himself.

I don't 100% disagree, but if drafting a project and he's the #3 QB I don't see the harm on its face. Especially last year, where the 2 QBs drafted between Mariota and Petty are obvious improvements. I think one of the 3rd rounders (Grayson?) had already been demoted to the practice squad and nobody flinched to grab him. The other was so impressive that the Rams traded 3 drafts' worth of 1st rounders for Goff a year later. Next up was Petty. So I don't fault him for that.
To me, the harm is in only drafting projects, or failing to draft an additional QB that might have an accelerated curve because a project had already been drafted. For example, we don't take Prescott because we already drafted Hackenberg (and Petty). It locks the team into waiting 2 years for the first one, and then another year for the 2nd one, before truly go scorched-earth to find an alternative to both. Meanwhile 3 NFL seasons come and go, and that doesn't even count the possibility that the next one won't be a project himself.

Petty is ready now.! Prescott not rated that high. U never know how good player is til he gets gametime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived