Luke Cage: the mafia game

Leelou

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

For those of you not used to playing with Jiffy Pop he's making sh*t up here . At the risk of siding with that scoundrel PAC both of us do tend to avoid the thread early in games scum or not scum its basically a playing style.

I did make an attempt to be more active a few games back and all that did was get me heat from Idiots like JIF and 80 who claimed to see a difference in my play even though I stated early on I might be changing my play style to a more active role on day 1.

In this game it seems to me Zander is buddying up and kissing way too much ass than normal ..... My JIF vote was a bit of a joke vote but Zander and Idiot King have may attention. And Zander if you ask me to explain I'm gonna punch you right in the face.

Can you explain?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If your town isn't the wanting to die pile the same as your scum pile? 

lol not always. I am eagerly awaiting the day he gets claimed as an IC or is a cop or something and I get to vig him. Sometimes its just about fun.

As soon as he said he had a shot I knew where the bullet was going. He probably would have shot me even if he was town reading me tbh

1 hour ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Im asking you what the difference is because both are voting you which would indicate they if Town think youre Scum or if Scum are at least pretending they are right?

I wanna hear you differentiate the difference.

I like how you're trying to equate Nyn's multi post case on me to Crusher's single observation. It's an interesting obfuscation of the actual course of events. Equally interesting that you stated just a page ago that everyone jokes on day 1 - If I was slightly more concerned about how your opinion was perceived around here I would actually quote the 7 joke posts + 1 town read vibe post that got me labeled as both "lucid" and "scummy." but for some reason, in this case you don't think it's odd that Nyn laid a serious case on my "meta", 10 pages in. Oh, final thing... does it seem odd to you that I labeled a couple people as townish to me and I got jumped on about it? 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

For those of you not used to playing with Jiffy Pop he's making sh*t up here . At the risk of siding with that scoundrel PAC both of us do tend to avoid the thread early in games scum or not scum its basically a playing style.

I did make an attempt to be more active a few games back and all that did was get me heat from Idiots like JIF and 80 who claimed to see a difference in my play even though I stated early on I might be changing my play style to a more active role on day 1.

In this game it seems to me Zander is buddying up and kissing way too much ass than normal ..... My JIF vote was a bit of a joke vote but Zander and Idiot King have may attention. And Zander if you ask me to explain I'm gonna punch you right in the face.

This is a legit point. Whether you're playing to your meta or not remains to be seen but it's exactly what PAC did last game and this idiot Zander already forgot it. 

12 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I like how you're trying to equate Nyn's multi post case on me to Crusher's single observation. It's an interesting obfuscation of the actual course of events. Equally interesting that you stated just a page ago that everyone jokes on day 1 - If I was slightly more concerned about how your opinion was perceived around here I would actually quote the 7 joke posts + 1 town read vibe post that got me labeled as both "lucid" and "scummy." but for some reason, in this case you don't think it's odd that Nyn laid a serious case on my "meta", 10 pages in. Oh, final thing... does it seem odd to you that I labeled a couple people as townish to me and I got jumped on about it? 

Meta is Meta.

I use Meta all the time.

Ive np with that.

But your responses and misreps or intentional/unintentional misunderstanding of whats being said leads to believe youre Scum.

6 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Meta is Meta.

I use Meta all the time.

Ive np with that.

But your responses and misreps or intentional/unintentional misunderstanding of whats being said leads to believe youre Scum.

Does it seem odd to you that I got labeled scum after leaning crusher and 80 as townies on p12 or no?

Just now, Lizard King said:

I'm just wondering why you criticized my reading comprehension a few posts back and then had to be reminded to answer the last sentence I wrote. 

Because you tried to say something about me based off of what I said when its not what i said. So either you have reading comp issues or are misrepping me.

Also you answer questions with questions and dont answer the questions at all.  I shouldnt have to tell you which alignment tends to do that do I?

The answer is not Town

What was I reminded to answer?

15 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

What's exactly logical about it, iyo? He's voting me over my concerns about 80 and basically ignoring my thoughts about him lol

At the time it looked like you, Zander and Crush were center board and pushing a narrative...I thought Lizzie response was natural.

On 11/14/2016 at 9:32 PM, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

I feel like youre trying to bait into doing something stupid....

lolololol

On 11/14/2016 at 9:33 PM, Nynaeve said:

Baiting you to do something smart makes more sense.

On 11/14/2016 at 9:59 PM, Nynaeve said:

Lizze, weren't you supposed to take Zander under your wing and make him your apprentice?  Looking forward to see you passing your teachings.

On 11/14/2016 at 11:37 PM, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Image result for i am the lizard king gif

Im gonna assume this works like the Bat Signal?!?!?!?!?!

On 11/15/2016 at 5:15 AM, Lizard King said:

Hmmm I only learned this when I had my son on the way..:Someone finally got laid I think?? Break out the whiskey!! (Even though I don't drink) 

The Buddha said the teacher will appear when the student is ready. 

I had no idea this happened. this is amazing. I personally worked out like a mother every morning for months just so that this couldn't be said. The priest even called me out at our wedding for being a gym rat because he was in there even earlier than me. I guess that's pretty vain in retrospect. Brett hopefully will be back though. You don't need to feel this way anymore Brett. It's in your hands. 

I really need to go look into this 

Scratch what I said earlier. Absolutely no shot. 

Oh hi Zander. Let's discuss your approach. Ask me anything. What are your biggest challenges so far. Can you give me an example?

On 11/15/2016 at 5:17 AM, Lizard King said:

Seriously i have no idea what happened so far. 9 pages and I have no reads. Crusher the only one stimulating content with a semi antagonist vote / banter on me, otherwise this game has been 9 pages of like watching an even more painful than usual episode of Willow. 

On 11/15/2016 at 5:25 AM, Lizard King said:

I bought shares of western union yesterday in my "pac is getting deported in two months" account 

On 11/15/2016 at 5:38 AM, Lizard King said:

It's like RHCP wrote this song specifically for Pac for this moment, 20 years ago 

On 11/15/2016 at 7:09 AM, Lizard King said:

I think 80 has reverted back to form and can lean in town for time being. Crusher townish as stated earlier. PAC being PAC. Zander and dice tbd

On 11/15/2016 at 7:48 AM, The Crusher said:

Lizzie is playing lucent.  He is either scum or the latest prescription from the shrink is worth the $167 copay.  

On 11/15/2016 at 8:31 AM, Nynaeve said:

He's weirding me out. Plus 80's comment about how it's not surprising that there's a train on him just as he comes back to mafia.... kinda gives me bad juju, irt him trying to transmit this "give the guy a break, nothing to see here" vibe. And now Lizzie is town reading him for... I don't even know what. Those two are giving me the wiggies. 

On 11/15/2016 at 8:40 AM, The Crusher said:

I will never give 80 the benefit of the doubt again. Lizzie is playing very deliberately. It's like he is trying to stay as cool as a cucumber. Far from his typically random to hell with reality style of play. It's almost like he is sitting there going "wooooosaaaa, wooooosaaa" to calm himself and think before ebery post. Basically I'm voting him for thinking before he post. LOL

On 11/15/2016 at 9:32 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Wasn't saying anything about Lizzie's alignment.  Just as there'd be no surprise if there was a D1 train on me, Lizzie falls in that category as well.  He could very well be scum.  Just basically me chuckling about how quickly he got 3 votes.  

On 11/15/2016 at 9:32 AM, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Why would this surprise you?

This was pretty much the "plan" from your Buffy post game.

lolololol

On 11/15/2016 at 10:33 AM, Nynaeve said:

Ok so... votes on lizzie are "no surprise". Votes on you are "no surprise". No thoughts about votes on Pac... I guess that's "a surprise".  lol

You didn't say anything outright about his alignment, no. But you reduced it to being "predictable" due to his nature and never gave any thoughts for of the train in THIS game. Which is extra weird because he is acting weird. You only acknowledging him being odd for his read on you is preposterous. 

On 11/15/2016 at 10:34 AM, Nynaeve said:

And yet you're not really asking him either.

On 11/15/2016 at 10:34 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Please define "weird" for Lizzie. 

It seemed to me the votes on Lizzie were less "jokey" than the votes on Pac.  Mine was a "lulz" vote, which I'll likely be moving once I have a good reason to do so. 

On 11/15/2016 at 10:35 AM, The Crusher said:

Lucid

On 11/15/2016 at 10:38 AM, Nynaeve said:

You tell me, Zander. Here's the post:

Does that sound like he's chuckling to himself going lolLizzie?  It doesn't to me. Sounds like a pretty cut and dry statement.

On 11/15/2016 at 10:45 AM, Nynaeve said:

I think he sounds cautious, restrained and deliberate in the way he's been posting. He doesn't sound natural. Basically, like Crusher said, trying to come off cool as a cucumber. 

On 11/15/2016 at 11:05 AM, Lizard King said:

80 is meta by him reverted back to being open and loose. Crush was poking at me calling me scum. Trying to poke around for reactions is good. 

Doesn't mean I wasn't reading. Doesn't mean your  IQ went up either. 

This but don't speak for me again or I'll bitch slap you. 

Yeah. 

Yeah. 

Since when does JI - or anyone,not play with a sense of humor and loose and illogical in early game? Someone like you should know this. 

You're wifoming the balls off of this and starting to ping big league. 

80 essentially gets that nobody is serious on day 1. 

Real lol

Yeah you're wifoming this sh*t too hard. 

unvote vote Nyn

I went back and looked. This is literally all I said to get labeled odd by Nyn. I also posted earlier that she was talking jokingly about baiting Zander. Now I am confident she was baiting me trying to get me to go off on a tangent. Looks pretty clear cut from here. 

15 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

What about Ballin's vote? Pretty sure he did the same as Nolder, If I recall correctly. Only later in the day.

I will say though, I like that you're giving reasoning when prompted. Doesn't always happen.

Yes, but I expect more from Nolder...never really seen Ballin contribute...I know I've only played sporadically of late...but I have yet to see him bring anything to the table...Nolder knows better...even the reduced volume of his new play style...he knows better...makes me wonder if its deliberate.

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yes, but I expect more from Nolder...never really seen Ballin contribute...I know I've only played sporadically of late...but I have yet to see him bring anything to the table...Nolder knows better...even the reduced volume of his new play style...he knows better...makes me wonder if its deliberate.

Fair enough

12 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I went back and looked. This is literally all I said to get labeled odd by Nyn. I also posted earlier that she was talking jokingly about baiting Zander. Now I am confident she was baiting me trying to get me to go off on a tangent. Looks pretty clear cut from here. 

what is this in reference to?

or is it just a point youre trying to make?

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Ape is playing, JC tunnel-visions on him the whole game while both are alive.

If Ape is not playing, JC doesn't know what to do.  Thus why it's not surprising he's FOSing a lot of different people.  It's as if he's BECOME the Ape as a form of psychological transference/coping mechanism or something. 

This is why we need EY to play this game more often.  He'd figure that sh*t out. 

Did you read Psychology Today article or something...you suck at this...don't let your scum luck last game make you think otherwise 

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I don't really care how long you haven't played. I know how you play as town and this isn't it, imo. Like I said, play better next time.

Irt 80, I've seen him be enthused as either alignment, but I also think that sometimes he's capable of being more low key. Could be he's coming off more passive this game cause of the previous game. Maybe he's just trying to come across different. I dunno, but I'm not terribly fond of it. But the important point is that you gave him a town read over nothing. He was doing squat up until then. He did a little bit after, but that was after you stated your read.

Yep, I figured I'd be a prime target D1 last game, so I decided to come at this game with a more "measured" approach.  

5 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

after begging to be voted you dont get to whine.

HINT   you wanna get voted? then next time claim scum. I will vote you in a heartbeat

Liking Dice for town.  This comes off as genuine frustration to me.  

3 hours ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Ill defend whoever I think is Town.

You dont like it?

Too bad do something about it then.

I'm a big supporter of "town calling" too.  Effective form of PoE.  

Either youre really bad at this or youre Scum.

I dont think Town!Notbob would actually believe all that but was more trying to engage the game.

There no way here on JN especially, that someone would actually believe you can start making connections during the joke phase D1.

after begging to be voted!?!?!?!?

is he lolcatting here???

I see you've been properly introduced to Lizzie now, lol.  Like arguing with a housecat sometimes, right?

2 hours ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

You dont watch UFC then....sadface.gif

He's one of the commentators

I've watched some UFC fights, but wasn't aware who that was.  I hear there have been some great fights of late.  

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I also bussed the sh*t out of my teammates, which gained Zander's trust.  It didn't matter that you figured it out in the end.  I'd won that game days before the minute I killed Verbal, thus removing the last remaining threat to my victory.  Now quit blubbering and accept that Klecko was right all along. 

You were obvious scum the night you killed me...I should've called you out then...my bad...won't happen again.

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Did you read Psychology Today article or something...you suck at this...don't let your scum luck last game make you think otherwise 

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Just because he read an article on Pavlov's dog...doesn't mean diddly...

You say all this, but didn't provide an argument against my theory.  Sounds like I hit the nail on the head.  Now, let's talk about your childhood.

*Adjusts glasses, picks up pen and notepad*

Archived