Observations

UnitedWhofans

1. Bowles isnt going to get fired. You will cast your minds back to Eric Mangini. 10-6 in his first year, and 4-12 in his second year and he did not get fired. So Woody's history is that he does not have a short leash on head coaches. Rex Ryan is a prime example.

2. Thankfully, when Fitz leaves, Chan Gailey will too, probably as a sacrifice. The fact that Matt Forte had only 20 runs in this game is inexcusable. He continually abandons the running game in the second half which creates INT chances. Horrible

3. Petty played about how you would expect a guy to play his first game. Some good, Some bad. Be interesting to see who starts against NE.

4. Anyone complaining about Petty after one game is just clear proof that Jets fans would never be able to handle a full rebuild in the first place and the fact that Petty sucks threads are here confirms the fact.

5. Macc's rookies with strong games. Darron Lee had a good game back in coverage and had .5 sack. The rookie WRs played well. This is as close to a full rebuild as the Jets have gotten in several years. Dont panic.

This team is much different than the 2007 Jets. We were coming off a dismal 2005 and surprised the league at 10-6. In the offseason, we did very little to upgrade the team and our true talent was exposed. Mangini was fired after we upgraded the team in 2008 and underachieved. 

Our 2016 team is underachieving. Our defense looks mediocre where it should be top 5. Our head coach is supposed to be a defensive guru and I'm sure he spends a fair amount of time with the defense game planning. This is a major problem. 

Will he get fired? Probably not. If he does...well I'm not going to be upset. 

Just now, TheMagicRat said:

This team is much different than the 2007 Jets. We were coming off a dismal 2005 and surprised the league at 10-6. In the offseason, we did very little to upgrade the team and our true talent was exposed. Mangini was fired after we upgraded the team in 2008 and underachieved. 

Our 2016 team is underachieving. Our defense looks mediocre where it should be top 5. Our head coach is supposed to be a defensive guru and I'm sure he spends a fair amount of time with the defense game planning. This is a major problem. 

Will he get fired? Probably not. If he does...well I'm not going to be upset. 

.That sounds alot like this year to me. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

.That sounds alot like this year to me. 

Not a lot. Did we "surprise" the league in 2006? Yes, but we did very little to change the team. We drafted well (Mangold, Brick and Leon), but it's not like we bought a ton of proven talent.

I think fans and experts saw us as a 8-8 team going into 2015...in 2006 people saw us as a 4-12 to 6-10 team. There is a big difference. 

3 minutes ago, TheMagicRat said:

Not a lot. Did we "surprise" the league in 2006? Yes, but we did very little to change the team. We drafted well (Mangold, Brick and Leon), but it's not like we bought a ton of proven talent.

I think fans and experts saw us as a 8-8 team going into 2015...in 2006 people saw us as a 4-12 to 6-10 team. There is a big difference. 

I'm not sure what they saw us as. All I know is that I think Bowles will get a 3rd year and then he might be fired.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm not sure what they saw us as. All I know is that I think Bowles will get a 3rd year and then he might be fired.

Let's just say in 2015 many agreed that we had talent besides the QB position. In 2006, we had little talent at all. 

For comparison....

2015                                 2006

QB: Fitzpatrick                 Pennington

RB: Ivory/Powell              Barlow/Leon

WR: Marshall, Decker, Q      Coles, Cotch, Justin McCareins

TE: Cumberland              Baker

OL: Brick, Carpenter,       Brick, Moore, Mangold, Kendall, Anthony Clement

Mangold, Winters, Breno  

DL: Wilk, Sheldon, Leo, Snacks     Kimo Von Oelhoffen, D-Rob, Shaun Ellis

LB: Harris, Pace, Davis,                 Bryan Thomas, Eric Barton, Victor Hobson, Vilma

CB: Revis, Skrine, Cro                   Justin Miller, David Barrett, Andre Dyson

Safeties: Pryor and Gilchrist         Rhodes and Erik Coleman

You people are as crazy as it gets  .

The Jets lost the game 9-6 .

The QB attempted 32 passing plays not including those were he was sacked .

The same QB missed a wide open WR who would have scored a sure TD .

Britt did not have a single catch in the 2nd half that I can remember .(I could be wrong)

Coached used his Timeouts to give his 1st time starter as much time as he could to win the game,

This team is a QB , a CB and an OT short of being a solid team .

I want to see what Bryce Petty does with the next few games . Experience breeds confidence and this OC and his QB need experience seeing the same things . 

33 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2. Thankfully, when Fitz leaves, Chan Gailey will too, probably as a sacrifice. The fact that Matt Forte had only 20 runs in this game is inexcusable. He continually abandons the running game in the second half which creates INT chances. Horrible

I didn't see them give up on the run game, Forte had 92 yards rushing, but the short passing was atrocious. Gailey and Bowles are both gutless wonders. Afraid or unwilling or unknowledgeable I don't know which, but they are so freakin tight a$$ed it's unbelievable. Jets coaches have a long history of that and today was yet another example of it.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

I didn't see them give up on the run game, Forte had 92 yards rushing, but the short passing was atrocious. Gailey and Bowles are both gutless wonders. Afraid or unwilling or unknowledgeable I don't know which, but they are so freakin tight a$$ed it's unbelievable. Jets coaches have a long history of that and today was yet another example of it.

He should have had 30 rushes at least. He was averaging 4 yards a carry

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I want to see what Bryce Petty does with the next few games . Experience breeds confidence and this OC and his QB need experience seeing the same things

It can't be Chan Gailey though. He is way too conservative and Petty is a good long ball thrower. Yeah, he missed Anderson on that one pass, and then the Jets never tried it again even though the Rams were pressing and the LB's were playing the short pass exclusively. Pathetic coaching by a team that always gets pathetic coaching.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

It can't be Chan Gailey though. He is way too conservative and Petty is a good long ball thrower. Yeah, he missed Anderson on that one pass, and then the Jets never tried it again even though the Rams were pressing and the LB's were playing the short pass exclusively. Pathetic coaching by a team that always gets pathetic coaching.

Are you sure of that or was it Petty who didn't let the ball go, preferring to take the check downs ?  Bryce Petty put the ball in the air 32 times, so how exactly were the coaches being conservative .  This was his1st start, and they let him fling the ball from all areas of the field . The biggest play of the game was a pass from the Jets own goal line .  

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Are you sure of that or was it Petty who didn't let the ball go, preferring to take the check downs ?  Bryce Petty put the ball in the air 32 times, so how exactly were the coaches being conservative .  This was his1st start, and they let him fling the ball from all areas of the field . The biggest play of the game was a pass from the Jets own goal line .  

But that was the dumb part. He shouldnt have thrown so many passes.

16 hours ago, mkajet01 said:

They said Anderson hesitated on pass overthrown. Petty was constantly put in bad field position. I didn't expect Joe Willie. But in pettys 1st game he was okay against an lite defense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think the play with Petty and Anderson was due to the two of them just not having many reps together.  I don't put 100% blame on either one Anderson slowed down which led to Petty overthrowing the ball.  Those things can be improved with more reps together the positive is that Robbie Anderson can be that fast deep threat we've been looking for.

On 11/13/2016 at 5:48 PM, Tinstar said:

When you throw 27 of them within 10 yards ??.  Not sure how much of that was Petty checking down or the staff handcuffing though. 

On 11/13/2016 at 5:30 PM, Tinstar said:

You people are as crazy as it gets  .

The Jets lost the game 9-6 .

The QB attempted 32 passing plays not including those were he was sacked .

The same QB missed a wide open WR who would have scored a sure TD .

Britt did not have a single catch in the 2nd half that I can remember .(I could be wrong)

Coached used his Timeouts to give his 1st time starter as much time as he could to win the game,

I want to see what Bryce Petty does with the next few games . Experience breeds confidence and this OC and his QB need experience seeing the same things . 

What?   Our OL is near the bottom in the league we have the worst LB's in the league our entire secondary needs a do over we also need a young fast RB. 

Did I mention how bad our coaching staff is. 

Archived