The #1 reason Bowles public enemy #1

SickJetFan

On 11/25/2016 at 4:39 PM, Larz said:

public enemy is a bit harsh, but I think bowles coaches scared, lets players off too easy, and is too stubborn making roster changes

his greatest sin however remains he has apparently not enough vision to make sure his offensive coaches develop the young QB's because he had ryan fitzpatrick and geno smith ahead of them

I get it that HC's with no resume don't want to play rookie QB's, but to find out petty is learning from madden and they decided not to even work on hack's motion until his 2nd off season is simple incompetence

If I was woody I would have had him in my office the day that quote came out and wrung his damned neck

the whole thing about petty and hack not being prepared at this stage is very troubling.  the jets can hire a first class coaching staff to work on hack's mechanics and petty's abilitiy to read defenses.  they have deep pockets and unless the nfl has a rule about coaching staff size, it would seem a pretty simple matter to get some one on one coaching for these guys.  but even going to hack's mechanics, can he read the defense?  does he know what throw to make?  even if his mechanics are bad the qb first has to make good decisions on the field.  the jets should know pretty well if petty is a keeper and if not then throw hack in there.

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the whole thing about petty and hack not being prepared at this stage is very troubling.  the jets can hire a first class coaching staff to work on hack's mechanics and petty's abilitiy to read defenses.  they have deep pockets and unless the nfl has a rule about coaching staff size, it would seem a pretty simple matter to get some one on one coaching for these guys.  but even going to hack's mechanics, can he read the defense?  does he know what throw to make?  even if his mechanics are bad the qb first has to make good decisions on the field.  the jets should know pretty well if petty is a keeper and if not then throw hack in there.

I was really really rough on hack after the pre-season, but as time goes by I realize he was just more or less ignored by the CS.  

Even the harshest scouting reports I read on him say he has a golden arm or a big time arm or an NFL arm, but needs a lot of help in other areas

so it kind of makes you think give him a redshirt year, and coach him up, right ?

well, they gave him the year off, but apparently forgot the coach him up part, lol

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I said the same thing about Geno Smith weeks ago....................Bravo Fitz sucks and we agree. 

you are the worst flopper here.  I called you out on your fitz hate and 2 posts later you changed your tune to "cheering for the team no matter who starts"

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

He's implying that race is an issue with us hating Bowles.

And I will say if Bowles is fired when Mangini was in the same situation will be suspicious. At least from where ownership is concerned

I'm black and I see no qualities in Bowles that I like.

He's not a motivator. He's not a disciplinarian. He doesn't make his players play better. He doesn't hold people accountable. He doesn't take risks. ALL of his units suck. And he's wedded to the worst QB in the league while there have been AT LEAST two other more talented QBs on the roster that he has mostly refused to play.

7 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I'm black and I see no qualities in Bowles that I like.

He's not a motivator. He's not a disciplinarian. He doesn't make his players play better. He doesn't hold people accountable. He doesn't take risks. ALL of his units suck. And he's wedded to the worst QB in the league while there have been AT LEAST two other more talented QBs on the roster that he has mostly refused to play.

Bowles is a fool, but he does have a cool looking beard.  The black and gray/white is a sharp look.  Puts Fitz's chin bush to shame.

He can't make in-game adjustments on defense, the players don't respect him we have a $100 million player skipping meetings, he sticks with noodle-arm just cuz even though we carried 4 qb's on the roster, he only had a winning record last season because of a puffcake schedule 

Other than that Todd Bowles is a great head coach.

Archived