Mel Kiper ..... first mock has us taking....

Stark

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's just flat out puzzling how die hard jet fans who watch week after week this horrendous offense with mostly imported offensive personnel with retread rbs and no TEs, how these people would rather take a cornerback than a potentially game-changing wr or rb.  fournette or cook would help the defense, guys like this move chains, keep the defense off the field and improve field position.  when did this team become allergic to drafting offensive weapons?  why are we relegated to praying guys like stephen hill, jace amaro and christian hackenberg and geno smith won't suck?  

Powell, though an underrated back had big success the last 4 games of last year.  It makes one wonder how good the running game would be with guys with that effort and break away speed like a couple of the RBs from this year.

In any case, as far as this forum is concerned Mac will get killed no matter who he picks.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Powell, though an underrated back had big success the last 4 games of last year.  It makes one wonder how good the running game would be with guys with that effort and break away speed like a couple of the RBs from this year.

In any case, as far as this forum is concerned Mac will get killed no matter who he picks.

i have been puzzled why powell hasn't been more a part of the offense the past few years.  that said, the runs he makes for 15-20 yards, a guy like cook or fournette may take to the house.  look no further than the steelers, they have a few elite weapons for the qb to use.  the jets would rather keep drafting guys to try to stop the weapons that other teams are drafting, than draft their own weapons and put teams on the defensive.  when was the last time the jets drafted an offensive player who fans wanted to run out and buy a jersey?  it's pathetic.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i have been puzzled why powell hasn't been more a part of the offense the past few years.  that said, the runs he makes for 15-20 yards, a guy like cook or fournette may take to the house.  look no further than the steelers, they have a few elite weapons for the qb to use.  the jets would rather keep drafting guys to try to stop the weapons that other teams are drafting, than draft their own weapons and put teams on the defensive.  when was the last time the jets drafted an offensive player who fans wanted to run out and buy a jersey?  it's pathetic.

I just want them to draft a Rb period, enough of the Ridleys, Forsetts and Robinsions of this world.

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What's pathetic is caring more about buying a jersey than adding the best talent to this depleted roster. Woody is that you?

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

What's pathetic is caring more about buying a jersey than adding the best talent to this depleted roster. Woody is that you?

fans want to root for players.  there is noone on offense right now that there is at least a 50% chance is here 3 years from now.  the team has ignored offense forever and there is nobody to build around.  nobody.  

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

it's just flat out puzzling how die hard jet fans who watch week after week this horrendous offense with mostly imported offensive personnel with retread rbs and no TEs, how these people would rather take a cornerback than a potentially game-changing wr or rb.  fournette or cook would help the defense, guys like this move chains, keep the defense off the field and improve field position.  when did this team become allergic to drafting offensive weapons?  why are we relegated to praying guys like stephen hill, jace amaro and christian hackenberg and geno smith won't suck?  

If that is your argument, did you not watch the secondary this season? It was EASILY the worst aspect of this team. EASILY. Followed by the QB play. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

fans want to root for players.  there is noone on offense right now that there is at least a 50% chance is here 3 years from now.  the team has ignored offense forever and there is nobody to build around.  nobody.  

Understood but just because you draft Williams at 6 (who I do like) doesn't make him Julio jones. the jets have so many needs that drafting the absolute best talent is critical. I wasn't thrilled with the Leonard Williams pick when it happened, but I'm thrilled they chose him over kevin white

Archived