Which Internal Free Agents Should the Jets Try to Keep?

Sarge4Tide

Free Agents to Keep?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Jets Should Try to Re-Sign the Following Unrestricted Free Agents......

• QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • QB Geno Smith
    • OT Ben Ijalana
    • TE Kellen Davis
    • LB Mike Catapano
    • LB Josh Martin
    • LB Corey Lemonier
    • LB Bruce Carter
    • S Antonio Allen
    • LS Tanner Purdum
    • None of the Above
  2. 2. Jets Should Try to Re-Sign the Following Restricted Free Agents......

• OL Wesley Johnson
    • TE Brandon Bostick
    • CB Marcus Williams
    • None of the Above

I still like Marcus Williams, he has had some coverage issues but the guy is one of the few play makers in the secondary.

The rest are meh, I agree that Martin is worth keeping on specials.  I am not as high on Johnson as others.  Ijalana is a jag but at least is a big versatile for backup purposes.

I voted for 6 guys:  Ben Ijilana, Marcus Williams, Wesley Johnson, Bruce Carter, Josh Martin, and Mike Catapano

Ijilana:  Had experience at both Tackle positions.  Still young and provides depth at the position

Williams:  Regressed last year, but showed talent year one leading the team in interceptions.  He showed promise and in that shortened period showed more success than former first round pick from Alabama who is out of the league.  I think he has a future with the new DB coach.

Wesley Johnson:  Another young guy who got the experience and showed success.  Willie Colon named him as a leader in the offensive lineman meetings which took me by surprise.  I believe he has to work on his lower body strength as I did see him get pushed back on a few plays.  That can be corrected.

Josh martin:  Special teams ace who was a leader for first year coach Boyer who I would like to continue to grow.  Special teams guys usually play with reckless abandon and become those easy to root for guys like (Victor Green).

Bruce Carter:  Showed he could play and we have to like the young LB corp that the team has been putting together.  Lets face it Hitman David Harris will not be here forever.

Catapano:  Another young guy that showed flashes and was all over the field.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

7% for geno?  if geno doesn't realize he's worn out his welcome then he's not worth pursuing.

Oh I'm pretty sure he knows how the Jet fans feel about him .  What some of us are curious about is how the Jet management fell about him and this free agency will give us closure on that .  

25 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Oh I'm pretty sure he knows how the Jet fans feel about him .  What some of us are curious about is how the Jet management fell about him and this free agency will give us closure on that .  

I agree Tin, very interesting few months coming up. Have the Jets seen enough of Geno to make a final decision, or do they feel he is a better alternative to any of the Fa's out there, or potential Qb's in the draft? And has Geno had enough of the Jets? I kind of agree with your premise..has the crazy way the last two years went for Geno given the Jets evidence one way or the other to make that decision?

Archived