Romo Retires Which Could Help Us

KRL

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I dont give a fukk....  I'm a fan, no more , no less, and simply am impressed that Romo, who IMO, doesn't appear great, has amassed such stats. THAT is my response.

If you don't care then why did you criticize my post in the first place? 

Further comparisons

Roger Staubach's most passing yards in a single season was 1979 when he threw for 3586.  That would've ranked him 20th in the NFL last year. (Blake Bortles 3905 yds passing last year would've surpassed Staubach's best season by 319 yards).

The most TDs Staubach ever threw for in a single season was 27, which would've ranked him 10th last year.

So a HOF QB in the best year of his career (1979 was his high for both yds passing and TDs) would've put him 20th in passing yards and 10th in TDs in today's arena league NFL.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you don't care then why did you criticize my post in the first place? 

Further comparisons

Roger Staubach's most passing yards in a single season was 1979 when he threw for 3586.  That would've ranked him 20th in the NFL last year. (Blake Bortles 3905 yds passing last year would've surpassed Staubach's best season by 319 yards).

The most TDs Staubach ever threw for in a single season was 27, which would've ranked him 10th last year.

So a HOF QB in the best year of his career (1979 was his high for both yds passing and TDs) would've put him 20th in passing yards and 10th in TDs in today's arena league NFL.

I didn't.... I stated ROMO passed many Staunaxh records. FACT.  You said the eras were different and I said I don't care, I'm just stating a fact.   

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I didn't.... I stated ROMO passed many Staunaxh records. FACT.  You said the eras were different and I said I don't care, I'm just stating a fact.   

It may be a fact but if you're trying to make the point that Romo is even comparable to Staubach's greatness then it's very deceptive.

==========================================================================================

http://www.footballperspective.com/joe-namath-has-become-footballs-most-misunderstood-quarterback/

But analyzing a player by his career numbers is too broad a brush for advanced analysis. Brandon Jacobs is 107 yards away from matching Gale Sayers’ career rushing total. Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey have caught more passes than Lance Alworth and Kellen Winslow. At quarterback, comparing players across eras by their raw numbers is a pointless exercise. Byron Leftwich, Kyle Orton and Aaron Brooks have higher career passer ratings than Johnny Unitas. As always, we can only compare players by how they compared to their peers.

==========================================================================================

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Fair point but there's a huge difference...We don't have that Houston defense,Lamar Miller or Deondre Hopkins. The qb they draft doesn't have to be as good for them as they'd have to be for us. It's like Sanchez when we got him he wasn't that great, but he didn't have to be because we had a ton of talent on the roster.

All that sounds nice and great, but if you don't have a QB, you have no shot . This Franchise won 10 games in the AFC with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB . Ryan Fitzpatrick .

I don't care what we have to do,  or if we spend every draft pick on QBs, we need to fix this problem

Just now, Tinstar said:

All that sounds nice and great, but if you don't have a QB, you have no shot . This Franchise won 10 games in the AFC with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB . Ryan Fitzpatrick .

I don't care what we have to do,  or if we spend every draft pick on QBs, we need to fix this problem

I agree, but if the qbs in this draft aren't projecting to be franchise qbs then we should pass and draft a lockdown safety or an elite level tight end.

53 minutes ago, jack48 said:

why would a major network throw some guy out there as their number one analyst who had never done it before?

See Tom Petty's ugly cousin ... Collinsworth, Chris

23 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As said, the team that really gets screwed by this are the Texans.

As of now, they have the worst QB situation in the NFL, with the Jets and Browns slightly ahead.

And now they will either have to give in to signing Cutler or Kaepernick or make a trade.

I'm guessing that it will be Cutler (or Kaep) to Houston on a short term deal and that Houston will draft a QB early.

On the other hand, I'm unconvinced that Romo will be retiring.  That can change in a hurry over the next few months. 

On 4/4/2017 at 8:31 AM, KRL said:

He's going to the TV booth:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19073822/dallas-cowboys-qb-tony-romo-leaving-football-broadcast-career

HOU expected to get him as their QB, that's why they basically "paid" CLE to take Osweiler.  With Romo
gone they only have Tom Savage at QB.  I would assume they are going to be very desperate to get a QB
in the draft.  With Maccagnan's history with them he should have the ability to "abuse them" in a trade
down.  Let's hope

I'll believe it when I see it.  I think Romo is likely playing for leverage and doesn't want to spend a lot of time in camp and will sign with one of those teams eventually.

Archived