If we're going to trade Sheldon Richardson, we should do it today

RedBeardedSavage

I'd trade him if they could get a top 2nd round pick. 
Cook
Robinson
King
Samuel
JuJu
Lamp 
Etc etc. 
There's a lot of talent still out there. 

If a team is willing to trade for a troubled player in his last year of his contract they will likely be a playoff contender I think we would be lucky to get a late third for the guy honestly. Sure he is talented but we aren't resigning him next season and he doesn't contribute as much as we need him to as a olb...gotta take what we can get and cut ties but think realistically no one is giving away a high second for him.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

consider this; someone with playoff hopes can give us a 3rd. If he doesn't play up to expectations, they let him walk and likely get a compensatory pick. Maybe even a 3rd.He is relatively cheap still. we can give a team protection with a conditional 3rd or 4th if he gets suspended for a year. Safe fur us and we save the 8 million; safe for the taker. Of course it has to be the right team

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I'd trade him if they could get a top 2nd round pick. 

Cook

Robinson

King

Samuel

JuJu

Lamp 

Etc etc. 

There's a lot of talent still out there. 

Zay too.  I really like him.

3 hours ago, peebag said:

It's not going to happen.  He'll play this season and we'll franchise him next year.  We're not getting any value back from trading him.

Say what you will, he is a very talented player.

I wish this was true but my sense is that the Jets are so squeaky clean these days that they will unload Richardson for peanuts this year.

5 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If we're not going to re-sign him.  If his presence on the team was one of the sources of the quit or bad attitude last year.  If his value is still high enough to exchange picks with another team in round 2 or 3, to be used in a trade package.

Then we should trade him today.  Dalvin Cook and Cam Robinson are still available.  Can we use Sheldon to exchange picks with someone ahead of us?

They should have traded him before the trade deadline last season. If anyone were offering them anything worthwhile for Shel, they would have done so already. I think we're stuck with him

Archived