QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson will have tryout at minicamp

Gas2No99

QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson will have tryout at minicamp

The New York Jets will take the field Friday for the start of rookie minicamp, and it will include a quarterback who is anything but a rookie -- McLeod Bethel-Thompson, who is 28 years old.

The well-traveled Bethel-Thompson, who has spent time with five different NFL teams, is participating in the minicamp as a non-roster player -- i.e. a weekend tryout. He's coming off a stint in The Spring League, which bills itself as an instructional league and a showcase for professional talent.

His last NFL stop was the Philadelphia Eagles. He was on their preseason roster last summer, but was released on the final cutdown. Previously, he was with the San Francisco 49ers (three times), Miami Dolphins (twice), Minnesota Vikings (twice) and New England Patriots.

He has yet to play in a regular-season game.

The Jets needed some camp arms for their minicamp and they likely will add a fourth quarterback to the roster for training camp, behind Josh McCownChristian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I guess they had to look pretty hard to find a QB to make the other 3 feel good about themselves.

Sadly, I'm pretty certain that Favre could walk on and win the job right now.

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

so what happened to the other QB the Jets supposedly was going to try out from Tulsa ?   

This guy is just getting a tryout. If the Jets like him they can sign him to an UDFA otherwise he's free to hook on elsewhere. The Tulsa guy signed an UDFA contract. 

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Sadly, I'm pretty certain that Favre could walk on and win the job right now.

I would have been ecstatic if they had brought Farve back!!

That tells you all you need to know about the Jets QB situation....

Archived