Jets lose scouting director Rex Hogan to Colts

T0mShane

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

Hogan is still bailing on the Jets to work with someone else in the same job.  

He & Ballard worked together w/the Bears..

I guess this is the first time in the history of mankind someone went to work w/someone they know & worked with in the past (and perhaps friends / good friends with)..

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hater.

Actually, just the opposite. I just don't get the Jets hate; yes, this organization has been a mess for a while, and the team hasn't been good since Rex's second year, but if not matter what happens people think the Jets are a joke, then why follow the team? I get the disappointment, but unless being miserable makes people happy, not sure why some people follow the team; it is supposed to be entertainment and enjoyable.

Just like the press with the Pats; I remember one draft when someone said something negative about a pick and someone responded with, it's BB, so clearly it is a smart decision. I couldn't pick hogan out of a line up, nor do I know anything about him; I come to this site to get info and I like a lot of the opinions. He could suck; he could be great. I don't know, but if he sucks because he is here; and we are joke but other teams are smart for stealing him, just aren't helpful.

I realize sometimes it is just tongue and check or sarcasm, but the everything the jets does is suck stuff seems a bit silly.

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Actually, just the opposite. I just don't get the Jets hate; yes, this organization has been a mess for a while, and the team hasn't been good since Rex's second year, but if not matter what happens people think the Jets are a joke, then why follow the team? I get the disappointment, but unless being miserable makes people happy, not sure why some people follow the team; it is supposed to be entertainment and enjoyable.

Just like the press with the Pats; I remember one draft when someone said something negative about a pick and someone responded with, it's BB, so clearly it is a smart decision. I couldn't pick hogan out of a line up, nor do I know anything about him; I come to this site to get info and I like a lot of the opinions. He could suck; he could be great. I don't know, but if he sucks because he is here; and we are joke but other teams are smart for stealing him, just aren't helpful.

I realize sometimes it is just tongue and check or sarcasm, but the everything the jets does is suck stuff seems a bit silly.

My post to you was obvious sarcasm.

10 hours ago, C Mart said:

This was rumored after Ballard was hired as Colts GM. Ballard & Hogan worked together when they were scouts for the Bears. 

Sorry to ruin all these conspiracy theories. 

Goes to show how insanely negative people are.  How do some posters here function as human adults?  I wonder sometimes.

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Just like with any organization. It goes back to the moderators. 

Totally. For instance, if not for those pesky moderators you'd be like the most popular poster here due to your immeasurable tolerance of others with whom you disagree. 

I'll see what I can do to help. You can count on me, darling.

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Not trying to interrupt the SOJF self hate bash.... but any odds on who a replacement might be?

Not entirely sure, but I'll guarantee this phrase will be in the write-up of his hiring, "...and even though he's been out of the league for six years, he says he's followed the game closely from his ranch in Wyoming and still has a passion for it."

Archived