Don Yee set to challenge NCAA with league for 18-20 y/o players

AFJF

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a high school senior, maybe there are 20 players at the very most (and I am being generous with that number), that are "can't miss" pro prospects at that time.

Ther fall out rate of "can't miss" guys that are 18 years is as steep as it is of "can't miss" college players.

This is not a science. It is very, very difficult to project young "men" and what their athletic future may be.

What this type of league will do, for anyone that chooses to participate, is put their futures at further risk. Bad idea all the way around 

I'm not saying it's the best option for a kid out of high school and his future. A college degree is incredibly valuable for a kids future .. that being said ... from the NFLs perspective ... a league like this can be very useful. As far as risk ... no more risk than college ball as far as i can tell .. and they will be getting paid.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 5/28/2017 at 2:57 AM, BurnleyJet said:

Great, hope this works, especially QB development, to many single read, run and gun systems in Collage. We need guys from Pro Style systems. Collages makes millions the Athletes zero. 

Also, then colleges can put funding into the actual education resources - which helps America in short- and long-term global economic context.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, then colleges can put funding into the actual education resources - which helps America in short- and long-term global economic context.

You think colleges need money? They don't. With endowments that they receive, and the spiraling costs of tuition, they are raking money in hand over fist. 

I will challenge you to go to any college campus of your choosing. What you will witness is building, construction and makeovers beyond your wildest dreams. There is non-stop evolution at these colleges. I have been to approximately 20 or so over the past 3 summers, and it is the same story everywhere. Even crappy ones like Rutgers. :)

They are just spending money in the wrong areas.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

You think colleges need money? They don't. With endowments that they receive, and the spiraling costs of tuition, they are raking money in hand over fist. 

I will challenge you to go to any college campus of your choosing. What you will witness is building, construction and makeovers beyond your wildest dreams. There is non-stop evolution at these colleges. I have been to approximately 20 or so over the past 3 summers, and it is the same story everywhere. Even crappy ones like Rutgers. :)

They are just opening money in the wrong areas.

I mean with 50k in tuition costs at mediocre Northeast schools you would hope.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I've done extensive work in higher education over the past 10+ years.

I didn't say they need money. I said they can "put funding into the actual education", which suggests they are spending it in the wrong areas. Read closer.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I've done extensive work in higher education over the past 10+ years.

I didn't say they need money. I said they can "put funding into the actual education", which suggests they are spending it in the wrong areas. Read closer.

We agree. But you are deluding yourself if you believe a built for profit league will actually have universities channel monies differently 

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Colleges are essentially a REIT scheme. Get donations, build a building, borrow against the assets. Repeat the cycle. The key is having enough land to keep that ponzi scheme going.  The ones that are dying don't have enough land. 

43 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We agree. But you are deluding yourself if you believe a built for profit league will actually have universities channel monies differently 

It was a sarcastic remark dude.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Colleges are essentially a REIT scheme. Get donations, build a building, borrow against the assets. Repeat the cycle. The key is having enough land to keep that ponzi scheme going.  The ones that are dying don't have enough land. 

NYU is basically a real estate company that happens to be aligned with a college, a hospital or 2( they recently took over Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn) and a few graduate schools. It has more real estate on Manhattan Island than anyone except the Catholic Church and state, city and federal government (and they may have passed NY state and the feds and at least hold higher value realty since taking over Polytechnic Institute and Lutheran). Undergrad tuition starts at roughly $68K before room and board and that goes for another $20K. When I graduated from there....30 years ago or so..tuition was about $8500 and it was mostly a commuter school. 

Archived