Time for Gang Green to Start Worrying About Darron Lee?

JetNation

He is a head case.

If he had performed up to his draft position and post draft hype ("next Shazier" etc.) last year, most people would be letting his antics slide.

But he didnt... and now the pressure is ratcheted up and Im not sure this guy is psychologically equipped to handle it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Interesting thing is that nobody really cares. It blipped and then into the background. 

Partly because there was no police involved, no arrests etc.

If Lee had a pattern of this, then I would be concerned, but he doesn't. So we'll leave it at that

And good for Leonard Williams, who is truly becoming a leader

This is how I feel about the news.  Honestly seems like Lee was probably drunk and got rejected by a girl and he didn't handle it well leading to some poor choices.  God Bless Leo for being there and de-escalating the situation the right way.  I have heard rumblings from Ohio State people saying this is way out of character for Lee, that he is a high character guy but apparently has issues with the ladies.  (Meaning he isn't good at getting the ladies which leads to frustration and when mixed with alcohol leads to poor decisions).  Hopefully this was a wake up call.  Also wouldn't be surprised if he's roiding/HGH to get a little bigger as well.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

He is a head case.

If he had performed up to his draft position and post draft hype ("next Shazier" etc.) last year, most people would be letting his antics slide.

But he didnt... and now the pressure is ratcheted up and Im not sure this guy is psychologically equipped to handle it.

I don't know about that.  Brandon Marshall was a very good WR early on his career and his issues were a huge problem.

2 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I don't know about that.  Brandon Marshall was a very good WR early on his career and his issues were a huge problem.

I think you are missing the point.

Marshall was a problem child but his talent and production kept him in the league.

Teams were willing to take the risk / reward ratio he came with.

Lets see how long Lee lasts pulling these stunts if he continues to be a jag.

Kimberley A. Martin‏ @KMart_LI  

Todd Bowles said Darron Lee "had an argument w/ his gf" and he won't be disciplined by team #jets

Bowles said he talked to "10 people" regarding the Darron Lee situation

Why Jets' Todd Bowles won't discipline Darron Lee for concert incident

FLORHAM PARK -- Jets coach Todd Bowles on Tuesday said he will not discipline second-year inside linebacker Darron Lee for an incident that happened Saturday at a music festival. 

"He had an argument with his girlfriend," Bowles said, while downplaying the incident. "What do you want me to discipline him [for]? He had an argument with his girlfriend, and somebody took a photo." 

But an eyewitness account posted on Twitter noted that Lee got physical with the woman and grabbed her. The account used the words "manhandle" and "dragging." 

Bowles said he spoke to Lee and other involved parties, as the coach attempted to determine what happened that night. 

"I got everything from about 10 people, so I'm pretty comfortable with my decision" to not discipline Lee, said Bowles, who indicated the eyewitness account was not fully accurate. 

The incident happened Saturday night at the Governors Ball Music Festival on Randall's Island in New York. 

The eyewitness posted a video Twitter of the incident's aftermath. It showed only Jets defensive end Leonard Williams pushing Lee away from a heated situation. The video did not show Lee arguing with or physically assaulting a woman. Bowles said he did not watch the video. 

An NFL spokesman said the league is investigating the matter. Even though it did not result in an arrest, and even though Bowles feels comfortable that Lee did not assault his girlfriend, the league can still hand out discipline, as part of its personal conduct policy. 

"As far as I was concerned, you don't want that stuff to happen, obviously," Bowles said. "With social media going on these days, they've got to take better care of themselves. Darron understands that. We had a long talk. And you move forward from there. We've had our conversation in private, and we've had it as a team. 

"I just know, from the past, any time you go to a concert, there's going to be trouble around, just as an ex-player and as a coach. When you go to a concert, a lot of things can happen. You have to be very mindful and very aware of where you are, and your surroundings -- and handle yourself better and keep yourself out of trouble. He has to do a better job of that." 

Bowles praised Williams for removing Lee from the situation before it escalated further. 

"It's a good role as a friend, and then it's a good role as a teammate," Bowles said. "So that's why I'm good with that." 

Overall, Bowles said he has no problem with with full scope of Lee's behavior since the Jets drafted him in the first round last year. But he thinks Lee needs to sometimes put himself in better situations. 

"I'm fine with him," Bowles said. "We've had a long talk. We've had many talks." 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/06/why_jets_todd_bowles_wont_discipline_darron_lee_fo.html

LMAO @ peeps already writing off Lee. I swear this forum kills me sometimes. Especially when we are talking about a players rookie season, playing through injuries, bad defensive line play, and his place in Bowles system. As for associating him with players that sell drugs and tote guns .. odds are on our side he won't .. he comes from a high middle class background and did not grow up in an environment where that was the norm. Overall he's a good kid, idc what I saw in the video .. no fists flew and no women were hurt. As for his comments on social media .. he's still a kid wtf .. odd and obnoxious 22. I'm sure lots of people in this forum said and did crazy stupid things at that age and turned out alright. LMAO actually some of the comments I read here by fellow posters are worse than Lee's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Pags2112 said:

LMAO @ peeps already writing off Lee. I swear this forum kills me sometimes. Especially when we are talking about a players rookie season, playing through injuries, bad defensive line play, and his place in Bowles system. As for associating him with players that sell drugs and tote guns .. odds are on our side he won't .. he comes from a high middle class background and did not grow up in an environment where that was the norm. Overall he's a good kid, idc what I saw in the video .. no fists flew and no women were hurt. As for his comments on social media .. he's still a kid wtf .. odd and obnoxious 22. I'm sure lots of people in this forum said and did crazy stupid things at that age and turned out alright. LMAO actually some of the comments I read here by fellow posters are worse than Lee's emoji14.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for joining the conversation, Darron's mom. Kudos on finding this topic buried on Page Ten.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Thanks for joining the conversation, Darron's mom. Kudos on finding this topic buried on Page Ten.

Pretty rude, there Tom.  She has a name.

Our apologies, Candice.

Archived