You All Wanted this, now your bitching...

Clementi49

19 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You're right.....Nothing is Woody's fault.  Its all on Mac.  And when we fire him, it will be all the next GM's fault.  Same with the one after that in 5 years. 

Funny thing is, the only constant in no matter how many GM's we hire is the owner.......BUT, hey, none of it is on him though.

The Steelers had many losing seasons until the 70's when they got Bradshaw..In 1969 Chuck Noll went 1-13 were all those losing seasons on Rooney??

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Hack will never been explained but the other 2 at least can somewhat be explained.  Yes, they're tool set doesnt match what necessarily has shown to work in the NFL but they were 3rd round picks for a reason.

It's much more about positional value (Lee and Safeties) and his overall gauge of where and when a player should be selected (Smith and Hack).

If Mac plays fantasy football, he's the guy taking Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round and Cam Newton in the 2nd. 

If Mac played fantasy, he'd have three defenses, two kickers, and five IDPs on the roster before it occurred to him to take a running back.

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

The Steelers had many losing seasons until the 70's when they got Bradshaw..In 1969 Chuck Noll went 1-13 were all those losing seasons on Rooney??

No....But you have given the perfect example from the perfect franchise.

Rooney didn't fire Chuck Noll did he after a 1-13 season.  Then, when Dick Haley was the de facto GM for 19 SEASONS, the Rooney family didn't stick their noses in did they?  They didn't fire Haley when they went 5-9 and 6-8 after going 1-13.  MAYBE had Mac been left alone, you know, to do his job, MAYBE he would have built a great team.  Who knows.  I think Mac came here as a good candidate as a GM, and had a pretty good track record at scouting.  But we will never know how much of this was bad decision making on his part, or bad meddling by the owner.

But you can see Woody's fingerprints all over the initial spending spree two years ago, in getting Fitz back last year, and in many of the cuts this year, none more obvious than David Harris.  I also do not trust that Woody does not have his nose in some of the early draft picks as well.  But I can't prove it, because I don't work for the New York Jets.  None of us knows what is actually going on in the front office, because, you know, we are all on a fan site bitching about how the team doesn't tank for a season to rebuild, and then bitch then they tank for a season to rebuild.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 7:23 PM, jeremy2020 said:

I apologize that I didn't explain in crayon for you. They no longer have harris on the roster. You see, when they cut him, he's not allowed to play anymore. 

Sure, but you said that the Pryor trade didn't save them any cap room, which is ... wrong is a kind word for how egregiously ... you know what, I'll just leave it at "wrong". 

As for not having Harris anymore, you're right. The cost of saving roughly $7M in cap room (after Davis' pay cut), was downgrading from Harris to Davis at ILB.

If you think that the difference in play between the two is worth spending 7M in cap room on a declining veteran in the final year of his deal, on a go-nowhere team with no legitimate shot at the playoffs this year even with Harris in that spot - then, again, please go sit in the corner until you realize why that is stupid.

Archived