You All Wanted this, now your bitching...

Clementi49

14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed.

For some people the Jets can't win. There is nothing they can do that will please anyone. Tons of people were calling for a proper rebuild and I'm sure some of those same people are complaining about how bad the Jets look on paper right now. They live to complain about the Jets. Nothing you can do about it.

I wanted a rebuild. I'm getting it. I'm happy I'm getting it. I don't know if we have the right guys in charge, but I don't know that we don't either. So let's let it play out and see what happens.

You can rebuild very quickly in the NFL. But you have to sit thru that first miserable season and hope there is a top player coming out at the QB position that can change your franchise in the upcoming draft. It sounds like the Jets are in a position to accomplish this. Who knows? They're still just college QB's who are unproven at the NFL level. But regardless, the Jets needed to gut the roster and rebuild the team. This is the perfect time to do it.

You can be happy the Jets are going for a full rebuild and concerned with who is at the helm of it and that the first major move of the rebuild was to double down on the safety position.  You can also be happy the Jets are rebuilding, but upset that it's year 3 of Macc's term and the team is as bad as it is.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm all for tanking and rebuilding but I just don't trust the GM and coach to implement the strategy properly.  Starting McCown will be their first mistake.

You do realize McGowan is like 53 years old and was instrumental in securing Cleveland a 1st round pick.  Let him start, He'll get us that #1 pick and for his efforts, put him in the Ring of Honor.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You can be happy the Jets are going for a full rebuild and concerned with who is at the helm of it and that the first major move of the rebuild was to double down on the safety position.  You can also be happy the Jets are rebuilding, but upset that it's year 3 of Macc's term and the team is as bad as it is.

That's because Mac signed Free Agents in 2015, as the Jets were forced to do as per the CBA.  He almost got us into the playoffs in what turned out to be a more exciting year than what was expected.  If you want to criticize Mac, perhaps he should have realized that 2015 was a one season shot and should have started a true rebuild in 2016.  IMO, the media would have crucified him for breaking up a 10 win team.

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

You do realize McGowan is like 53 years old and was instrumental in securing Cleveland a 1st round pick.  Let him start, He'll get us that #1 pick and for his efforts, put him in the Ring of Honor.

The tortured Jets fan in me sees McCown as Fitzpatrick 2.0 who will have a renaissance season and win enough games to take us out of the running for the top QB's in the 2018 draft.  Book it. 

You have to be pretty dense to think the issue at hand people are upset about is the fact that they are rebuilding. Most of us have been following this team thick and thin for a very long time and care enough to post on a message board about it. We get it. 

The real issue is that not many of us trust Maccagnan or Bowles to do their respective jobs in a crucial juncture of this franchise because both have had some pretty spectacular shortcomings which are glaringly apparent. 

We're also very happy in the fact that the Jets have finally realized after like 30 years that unless you are able to correctly identify qb talent (which obviously we are incapable of doing as a franchise), you have to tank hard in a year where there is blue chip Qbs to make it a no brainer decision. 

Just usually in a rebuild you have young high ceiling talent to watch out for or draft capital to accumulate and yet we really don't have enough of either in my opinion. 

I'm very happy the team is going into full rebuild.  They should have got rid of Harris and Decker long before this however.

It is up to the coach to play the young QBs, which he won't.

The team as i said at the draft made a huge blunder in to trading down early and getting another 1st rounder next year.

I would feel a lot better if the team had a very good solid structure of owner, president that knows football, Gm, coach

Instead we have owner, coach-GM.  This will implode sooner or later.

Bowles sucks as a coach but will get another 2 or 3 years because we are in rebuild.

I'm happy for a tear it down true rebuild, I think it could be done better.

17 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

That's because Mac signed Free Agents in 2015, as the Jets were forced to do as per the CBA.  He almost got us into the playoffs in what turned out to be a more exciting year than what was expected.  If you want to criticize Mac, perhaps he should have realized that 2015 was a one season shot and should have started a true rebuild in 2016.  IMO, the media would have crucified him for breaking up a 10 win team.

This, if true, is what people don't seem to consider. And the beat writers haven't researched or reported. If they have and reported it they have since forgot about it.

And again, just signing Revis was obviously a directive from Woody.  And the contracts the majority of the FA contracts given out by the FO in '15 had easy outs w/limited cap implications after 2 years. Which is were we are today! 

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

This, if true, is what people don't seem to consider. And the beat writers haven't researched or reported. If they have and reported it they have since forgot about it.

And again, just signing Revis was obviously a directive from Woody.  AND the contracts the majority of the FA contracts given out by the FO in '15 had easy outs w/limited cap implications after 2 years. Which is were we are today! 

The problem wasn't that the Jets were forced to sign FA's, the problem was that most of the FA's they signed went bust.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

The problem wasn't that the Jets were forced to sign FA's, the problem was that most of the FA's they signed went bust.

Many here don't agree..They say it's year 3 and now they decide to rebuild

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, you can because it wasn't a sound football decision. This also cements Demario Davis staying on the roster at his current cap hit so the Pryor trade doesn't even save them money anymore.

This is ridiculous analysis.  If the pryor trade allowed them to move on from Harris, then that deal saved them the difference between Pryor + Harris (8.2M) and Davis plus a minimum salary player replacing Pryor on the roster (~4M).  In other words, you're complaining that instead of the move saving the team 1.7M in cap room, it saved the team 4.2M in cap room.

Please go sit in the corner until you realize why that is stupid.

I'm happy with the rebuild... Was hoping for more draft return from some of the get rid if f the vets moves ... But at least the dominoes are falling correctly.

(Believe  the math for losing SR until after the season "late 3rd round pick" vs what we can get in a trade for him "worse pick than that" ... Is why he's still here ... But if a cap expert has different #'s please correct me on that)

Hack starting at QB week 1 is the final domino I want to see fall this season

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm very happy the team is going into full rebuild.  They should have got rid of Harris and Decker long before this however.

It is up to the coach to play the young QBs, which he won't.

The team as i said at the draft made a huge blunder in to trading down early and getting another 1st rounder next year.

I would feel a lot better if the team had a very good solid structure of owner, president that knows football, Gm, coach

Instead we have owner, coach-GM.  This will implode sooner or later.

Bowles sucks as a coach but will get another 2 or 3 years because we are in rebuild.

I'm happy for a tear it down true rebuild, I think it could be done better.

If Woody insists on this , and after 17 years, there's no indication He is going to change, at least hire one, proven guy to do both jobs. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You can want the gut-job rebuild, and still be disgusted that this is where we are after the past several years of "promises".

Every rebuild happens that way. You never rebuild after years of success. How many teams have gone through a rebuild after winning a SB or even after making the playoffs? Rebuilding teams are always a product of years of frustration and failure. The goal is to avoid 10 more years of failure by sucking it up for 1 or 2 years.

11 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Many here don't agree..They say it's year 3 and now they decide to rebuild

Well I agree with the year 3 is a bit late to rebuild thingee.   Fact is there are other ways to spend force cap money then signing bad FA's.  

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

I'm happy with the rebuild... Was hoping for more draft return from some of the get rid if f the vets moves ... But at least the dominoes are falling correctly.

(Believe  the math for losing SR until after the season "late 3rd round pick" vs what we can get in a trade for him "worse pick than that" ... Is why he's still here ... But if a cap expert has different #'s please correct me on that)

Hack starting at QB week 1 is the final domino I want to see fall this season

The real question is what's more valuable for 2018 and beyond:

(Best pick available from trade plus extra 8M in cap room) or (Comp pick for Sheldon - no higher than a end of 3rd)

If you wouldn't be willing to pay 8M in cap room to buy a 3rd round pick, they should cut Sheldon, let alone taking the best available offer

29 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Yes. This is all the media's fault. We didn't have to set a bunch of money on fire to have the shot season in 2006 and being a year along in the rebuild didn't shut anybody up when we 'took a step back' in 2007. Jets fans are all crazy. Find me three people who were saying the same sh*t after 2006 and 2010 they were saying after 2012 and 2014. 

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Every rebuild happens that way. You never rebuild after years of success. How many teams have gone through a rebuild after winning a SB or even after making the playoffs? Rebuilding teams are always a product of years of frustration and failure. The goal is to avoid 10 more years of failure by sucking it up for 1 or 2 years.

You aren't making a point. I'm not sure I understand why you even replied.

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

If Woody insists on this , and after 17 years, there's no indication He is going to change, at least hire one, proven guy to do both jobs. 

Yes, there is precedent for equal footing or one guy to do both but that comes with veteran guys who have had great success.

2 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

Didn't we all want our organization to be more like the Patriots??? Didn't we all want better leadership at the top??? Woody to let the football people do their jobs ???

Everything every Jet fan wanted is happening organizationally. 

You can't say you want our organization to make sound football decisions, but then get all pissy eyed when they let a fan favorite go. 

1) You are getting a total rebuild

This GM was forced into it, thank you very much. He put all his eggs into that 2015 basket. He failed against the leagues easiest schedule. 

2) probably going to have 100 mil in cap space 

Not with Mo makings $20mil against the cap. 

3) probably going to have a top 5 pick and fighting for #1

That's for sure. 

4) we already have a few young players with potential. Some more then others 

Yeah like who besides Leo? WE. DO. NOT. HAVE. A. "NUCLEUS". 

5) Two young QBs to evaluate this year

I think we already know what we have. Both are garbage. There's a reason why this GMs hand picked QB of the future never saw the damn field in a season where we had a few QB injuries and all played like a steaming pile of sh!t. 

you can't be upset the first year GM had this nucleus and almost made the playoffs with it and so he tried one more year. It failed. He gutted it to the original plan. That one year with Fitz was actually pretty fun. Zero expectations. Kind of like this year. Take your licks this year as a fan, listen to your buddies make fun of your, and just get over the fact a sports team didn't set up a team exactly like you thought it should be. Last time I checked anytime anyone gets fired at work it's not a good time. By the way, the Patriots don't keep fan favorites and they are the class of the league  

So sit back, make those PSL installment payments and just have fun with the year. 

We are more like the Patriots today with the moves we made yesterday then we were in years prior...

We are a little upset not because of the rebuild (which we embrace), but we're upset cuz our GM has no clue what he's doing. What he is doing is tearing it all up cuz he has run out of options. In his 3rd year. And its not like he started off with nothing. Had a third of the salary cap available to him along with a few high draft picks and a handful of solid players.

The fact that Harris and Decker are just now being released is a concern. Why wait until now? Why not do it immediately after the draft to give those guys a chance to sign with their future teams? Oh but what fantastic drafts he's had!

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

the only reason to cut harris would be...for cap savings..

I qualified my statement with "any longer" ;)

Maybe Harris lost a step as well? Demario is cheaper and younger?  More playing time for Lee?  I think there was more than saving money with harris but maybe it was strictly $$$.

Idk for sure 

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They had to spend money in 2015?  Okay.  Why couldn't they spend it on players that would still be here in 2018?

The way that he spent the money in 2015 was so that he could get out for this rebuild in a couple of years.  If it was going good he didnt have to dump the players he spent $$$ on.  If(well it is) it turned into a dumpster fire, you are in the situation we are now, scrap it, build off of your picks and have a sh*tton of $$$ to take another crack at it.

5 minutes ago, j4jets said:

This GM was forced into it, thank you very much. He put all his eggs into that 2015 basket. He failed against the leagues easiest schedule. 

That's for sure. 

I think we already know what we have. Both are garbage. There's a reason why this GMs hand picked QB of the future never saw the damn field in a season where we had a few QB injuries and all played like a steaming pile of sh!t. 

We are a little upset not because of the rebuild (which we embrace), but we're upset cuz our GM has no clue what he's doing. What he is doing is tearing it all up cuz he has run out of options. In his 3rd year. And its not like he started off with nothing. Had a third of the salary cap available to him along with a few high draft picks and a handful of solid players.

The fact that Harris and Decker are just now being released is a concern. Why wait until now? Why not do it immediately after the draft to give those guys a chance to sign with their future teams? Oh but what fantastic drafts he's had!

Had to wait until June 1st for cap reasons.  they were released on June 6th so...

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

The way that he spent the money in 2015 was so that he could get out for this rebuild in a couple of years.  If it was going good he didnt have to dump the players he spent $$$ on.  If(well it is) it turned into a dumpster fire, you are in the situation we are now, scrap it, build off of your picks and have a sh*tton of $$$ to take another crack at it.

Had to wait until June 1st for cap reasons.  they were released on June 6th so...

No they didn't. 

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

That's for sure. 

yesterday was first day Decker was cleared/permitted to go full go..I believe cutting him prior to be completely cleared could have resulted in injury settlement / cap charge

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

yesterday was first day Decker was cleared/permitted to go full go..I believe cutting him prior to be completely cleared could have resulted in injury settlement / cap charge

^^^^this, although it is crazy right?

coach: Decker, go run some routes

*GM watches through binoculars*

*tiger woods fist pump*

GM: cut his ass!!!

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Who?  Give us names & contract terms

When you really think about it, fielding the least competitive team competing for the #1 overall pick in the regimes third year is really the best we could have hoped for.

18 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I qualified my statement with "any longer" ;)

Maybe Harris lost a step as well? Demario is cheaper and younger?  More playing time for Lee?  I think there was more than saving money with harris but maybe it was strictly $$$.

Idk for sure 

They obtained a cheaper, younger replacement in DDavis. After obtaining Davis, Jets went to Harris agents to reduce his '17 salary. His agents didn't like the terms so they've decided to move on. If Jets had signed Hightower back in March Harris would have most likely been released then. Harris agents leaked the release before Jets could have met w/Harris. Why was yesterday the day to breakoff negotiations w/Harris agents?  Don't know..Maybe at that point Mcc knew he went as far as he wanted and moved on now allowing Harris time to go elsewhere..Who knows..It sucks but that's the NFL.."dont get sentimental in sports"..JMO

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

David Harris? Are you telling me that Demario is the reason why we are cutting David and not the rebuild? 

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Who?  Give us names & contract terms

I'm sure Sperm has a spreadsheet.  This is not new.  We discussed it at the time.  Did you think that Cromartie, Revis, Marshall, Fitzpatrick were the best allocation of resources over the long term?  When you had money to burn?  Skrine and Gilchrist just seem to be poor talent evaluation, but the rest?  

A poor plan, executed poorly.  In case nobody remembers, two wrongs don't make a right.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I'm sure Sperm has a spreadsheet.  This is not new.  We discussed it at the time.  Did you think that Cromartie, Revis, Marshall, Fitzpatrick were the best allocation of resources over the long term?  When you had money to burn?  Skrine and Gilchrist just seem to be poor talent evaluation, but the rest?  

A poor plan, executed poorly.  In case nobody remembers, two wrongs don't make a right.

fitz was obtained to b/u...with the contracts and there outs I didn't have a problem..I don't think 90% of the UFA's signed should have contracts longer than 2-3 yrs without out clauses..

Archived