Keys to success in 2017

SickJetFan

IMHO Success for the 2017 Jets is to; 

1 - stop the run as they should with 3 first round picks on the dline, 1st round ILB and 1st round SS

2 - run the ball to give the offense a chance and maybe score a TD or two for the fans to cheer

3 - start learning about how to stop the pass = develop the DB's

4 - earn a 2018 draft pick who can pass the ball 

or win the Superbowl 

Keys to success in 2017 part deux Game 1

How will each team approach the Jets?

Buffalo 1st.

Sep 10

NYJ @ BUF

New Era Field

1:00 PM

Buffalo Offense

The Bills last year finished 30th in Passing and 1st in Rushing per game. The Bills have a run 1st team or did with Rex and they have a mobile QB (finished with 580 tot yds and a 6.1 yds per att). Now with new coach McDermott I don’t see that changing much. McDermott being a former defense OC like Rex and coming from Carolina who also have a mobile QB will try to be run 1st team. However, with a healthy Watkins in the 1st game they will take their shots and try to catch the Jets off guard. Along with Woods and Clay they can do damage especially against a young secondary of the Jets. Looks for the Bills to try to attack the Jets young secondary in this 1st game and try and confuse the Jets young safeties and ILB. They will also try to exploit the young OLBs who more often than not forget containment leaving opportunity for QB runs or play action. If that fails for the Bills watch them retreat to what they do best and run the football with McCoy. Also keep in mind the Bills lost Gillislee who was their bruiser and short yardage back but this being 1st game I do not think that matters much since they will have a fresh McCoy. It may be a factor in the Jets 2nd match up with Bills as the season wears on McCoy.

Jets Defense

The Jets defense could not have asked for a better 1st game I think. On paper the Jets match up well against the Bills offense. This will be a big 1st test for secondary and Claiborn in particular. Claiborn needs to eliminate Watkins. If the Jets secondary can force the Bills into a run only team then that will play right into the Jets on paper strength. This will also be big test for new safeties and we will get a good idea on whether it was worth picking them. From the Jets perspective they need discipline play from both OLBs and Safeties. They cannot let Tyrod ruin their day so they need to contain him and obviously McCoy. This is a game where the Jets have an opportunity to stay in their base defense more often than not. Later games in season they will be forced to play more nickel and dime which gets away from their strength.

Buffalo Defenses

The Bills defense finished in the middle of the league last year (16th) but this team will look a lot different. With their 2016 1st round pick healthy now Shaq Lawson and Jerry Hughes on the other side and Ragland in the middle they may have got better. They did lose Gilmore to the Pats but I believe they brought in a new safety and did well in the draft with Tre White. This team is built to defend the pass it seems and with McDermott being former secondary coach he brings that much more to the Bills defense finally ridding themselves of Rex. Looks for the Bills to stack the box and dare the Jets to pass. The Bills have the advantage here going against a young Jet team with no identity.

Jets Offense

The Jets have their work cut out for them but to win this game they will need to establish the run which will be hard to do going against a team daring them to do just that. The Jets need to show patience, maybe a lot of 3 and outs but they need to stick with it and let the O Line try to form some rhythm. Whomever is the QB is going to face a relentless rush on passing downs so the Jets need to try an exploit short gains and see what the Bills give them. The Jets do have a good match up on the outside so they should take their shots and try to lure the safeties out of the box. The Jets will feel the loss of ASJ though in this game as they try to employ a new WCO hopefully Leggett is the real deal or maybe we will see a good dose of Q as the H.

The Jets have an opportunity for a win here. I think it will be a low scoring almost boring game that the Jets can win. Unfortunately the Bills do have home field advantage complicating matters further. However, I think if the Jets commit to the run and play good defense they can squeak out a win no matter who is the Jets QB.

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I aced the reading comprehension portion of my GRE and I didn't pick up on this inference AT ALL. 

Lol, that's all good, but who told you about GRE?

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

Keys to success in 2017 part deux Game 1

How will each team approach the Jets?

Buffalo 1st.

Sep 10

NYJ @ BUF

New Era Field

1:00 PM

Buffalo Offense

The Bills last year finished 30th in Passing and 1st in Rushing per game. The Bills have a run 1st team or did with Rex and they have a mobile QB (finished with 580 tot yds and a 6.1 yds per att). Now with new coach McDermott I don’t see that changing much. McDermott being a former defense OC like Rex and coming from Carolina who also have a mobile QB will try to be run 1st team. However, with a healthy Watkins in the 1st game they will take their shots and try to catch the Jets off guard. Along with Woods and Clay they can do damage especially against a young secondary of the Jets. Looks for the Bills to try to attack the Jets young secondary in this 1st game and try and confuse the Jets young safeties and ILB. They will also try to exploit the young OLBs who more often than not forget containment leaving opportunity for QB runs or play action. If that fails for the Bills watch them retreat to what they do best and run the football with McCoy. Also keep in mind the Bills lost Gillislee who was their bruiser and short yardage back but this being 1st game I do not think that matters much since they will have a fresh McCoy. It may be a factor in the Jets 2nd match up with Bills as the season wears on McCoy.

Jets Defense

The Jets defense could not have asked for a better 1st game I think. On paper the Jets match up well against the Bills offense. This will be a big 1st test for secondary and Claiborn in particular. Claiborn needs to eliminate Watkins. If the Jets secondary can force the Bills into a run only team then that will play right into the Jets on paper strength. This will also be big test for new safeties and we will get a good idea on whether it was worth picking them. From the Jets perspective they need discipline play from both OLBs and Safeties. They cannot let Tyrod ruin their day so they need to contain him and obviously McCoy. This is a game where the Jets have an opportunity to stay in their base defense more often than not. Later games in season they will be forced to play more nickel and dime which gets away from their strength.

Buffalo Defenses

The Bills defense finished in the middle of the league last year (16th) but this team will look a lot different. With their 2016 1st round pick healthy now Shaq Lawson and Jerry Hughes on the other side and Ragland in the middle they may have got better. They did lose Gilmore to the Pats but I believe they brought in a new safety and did well in the draft with Tre White. This team is built to defend the pass it seems and with McDermott being former secondary coach he brings that much more to the Bills defense finally ridding themselves of Rex. Looks for the Bills to stack the box and dare the Jets to pass. The Bills have the advantage here going against a young Jet team with no identity.

Jets Offense

The Jets have their work cut out for them but to win this game they will need to establish the run which will be hard to do going against a team daring them to do just that. The Jets need to show patience, maybe a lot of 3 and outs but they need to stick with it and let the O Line try to form some rhythm. Whomever is the QB is going to face a relentless rush on passing downs so the Jets need to try an exploit short gains and see what the Bills give them. The Jets do have a good match up on the outside so they should take their shots and try to lure the safeties out of the box. The Jets will feel the loss of ASJ though in this game as they try to employ a new WCO hopefully Leggett is the real deal or maybe we will see a good dose of Q as the H.

The Jets have an opportunity for a win here. I think it will be a low scoring almost boring game that the Jets can win. Unfortunately the Bills do have home field advantage complicating matters further. However, I think if the Jets commit to the run and play good defense they can squeak out a win no matter who is the Jets QB.

I feel no need to watch this game now. This is how comprehensive this breakdown is.

@SickJetFan enjoy the next month off not posting here.

Completely garbage post. An attack like that is completely uncalled for and has been deleted. You should get a lifetime ban but we will see if you improve when you get back in a month.

Until then we will enjoy the first week of training camp without you. 

Archived