Richard Sherman has thoughts on the Jets QB situation

T0mShane

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because youre flailing like a fool.  Again.  

Now Hack is an off subject because you cant tell anyone how he has been slow to pick up the brand new offense?  How did you come to this conclusion?  STFU already

Friggen go away, who needs your pointless ranting.  What a baby, cant every admit youre wrong

Image result for mirror

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thadude said:

I think people are bored.  Sports in general is so boring right now.  Everyone in the NBA wants to make a superteam so it's basically the Warriors versus whatever lame superteam.  MLB season is too long.  The Jets have made the NFL a mockery with this offseason and people are sick of seeing Brady win every year

IMO, the NFL has made the NFL a mockery. The rules are setup so that officials have just about complete control over each football game each week. The offensive holding calls, or lack of calls, the defensive back penalties, or lack of them, have such a huge influence on every game now. Just wait till you see the Giants and Pats week after week. Their Oline will rape DL's like nobodies business, and it will never be called. As will the Pats. But if anyone dare look at one of their receivers the wrong way, flags will be flying. The NFL has become essentially the WWF. This season is so clearly being setup as Pats/Giants 3. The Jets are finally doing what they should have done 3 years ago, but their dips hit owner didn't allow it then.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Kaepernick has donated 700K thus far (of 1M pledged) to organizations working towards causes he believes in.  He raised money to fly food and water to Somalia, donated his sneakers to the homeless in SF, and suits to men on parole in NYC looking to re-enter the workforce.  So, I guess Ray Rice doesn't corner the market on "great work?"

we know, he has publicized that.  great guy, doing it for all the right reasons.:rolleyes:

Many players do great things but they all don't publicize it like Colin has.  Interesting that when he became FA all this info came out including that he wouldn't kneel for the anthem.  it's amazing how people fall for this stuff.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

If Kaepernick has been blacklisted, which he hasn't (to my knowledge), it would be his own doing. He chose to use the NFL and one of its teams as a platform to spread his political views. If I did that at my place of work, I'd likely be fired as well, and if other companies knew about it, I would likely not be employed by them too. I don't give two craps about his political views, no matter how much of a fraud I think he is, had he done it on his own platforms, we would know wether or not he was being blackballed, or NFL teams just think he sucks, or some combo of.

You commented that people are upset about Kaepernick and not Cutler.  I provided some reasons why that might be, besides just that one is black and one is white, which seems to be the implication of your initial comments.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Kaepernick has donated 700K thus far (of 1M pledged) to organizations working towards causes he believes in.  He raised money to fly food and water to Somalia, donated his sneakers to the homeless in SF, and suits to men on parole in NYC looking to re-enter the workforce.  So, I guess Ray Rice doesn't corner the market on "great work?"

Yeah but he wore shirt and some socks once the were mean to some people.

Just now, gEYno said:

You commented that people are upset about Kaepernick and not Cutler.  I provided some reasons why that might be, besides just that one is black and one is white, which seems to be the implication of your initial comments.

I disagree with your reasons, and how very astute of you to get that implication..............

Just now, nyjunc said:

we know, he has publicized that.  great guy, doing it for all the right reasons.:rolleyes:

Many players do great things but they all don't publicize it like Colin has.  Interesting that when he became FA all this info came out including that he wouldn't kneel for the anthem.  it's amazing how people fall for this stuff.

LOL... So, Ray Rice is doing charity work for good reasons, but Colin Kaepernick is for bad reasons.  I think we're done here.

Just now, gEYno said:

LOL... So, Ray Rice is doing charity work for good reasons, but Colin Kaepernick is for bad reasons.  I think we're done here.

it's great they all do for whatever reasons, the point is CK is a phony.  he publicizes this stuff when he becomes a FA to gain support from the public and people fall for it.

Just now, nyjunc said:

nah, his take on the police isn't dangerous or anything, he donated money to charity so it's all good!

There was once a band who sang a song called, "**** the Police" which depicted some very nasty and violent language regarding the police.  That band, went on to have very successful careers, with people buying millions of their records and products.  They also had a movie made about them that the general population loved. 

Colin is not the first and will not be the last person to point out that some police, arent exactly good eggs.  

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it's great they all do for whatever reasons, the point is CK is a phony.  he publicizes this stuff when he becomes a FA to gain support from the public and people fall for it.

Ray Rice pledges to donate salary to domestic violence programs if signed by NFL team

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/07/21/ray-rice-domestic-violence-baltimore-ravens/87380652/

uh oh.

Just now, JiF said:

There was once a band who sang a song called, "**** the Police" which depicted some very nasty and violent language regarding the police.  That band, went on to have very successful careers, with people buying millions of their records and products.  They also had a movie made about them that the general population loved. 

Colin is not the first and will not be the last person to point out that some police, arent exactly good eggs.  

I know, wasn't it crazy that a group rapped about dealing drugs, prostitution, murder, crime and then wondered why the police were involved in their lives?

we are in a crazy time right now, there is a war on police.  it's much more dangerous now than in 1989 when NWA came out w/ that.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

that is something totally different and a great gesture.  he was saying he'd play for FREE.

LOL... You just killed a guy for going public about his charity work when unemployed as it makes him a fraud, and your own guy literally did exactly that.

The mental gymnastics you need to do to support your stances are astounding.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

lol, who the hell doesn't? Do you agree with things that don't fit your narrative? lol

I actually make some effort to be objective.

Objectively, Kaepernick is 5 years younger than Cutler.

Objectively, Kaepernick is willing to compete for a job, Cutler has not expressed that he is.

Objectively, Kaepernick is willing to take a back up job, Cutler has not expressed that he is.

Objectively, Kaepernick wants to continue his career as a player, Cutler has not expressed that he does.

Objectively, Kaepernick has not been considered a bad teammate at pretty much every step of his career, Cutler has been.

Objectively, Kaepernick doesn't have a job in television, Cutler does.

We can also reasonably assume that Kaepernick would be far less expensive than Culter.

The point is, there are plenty of reasons besides your repeated cries of reverse racism for people more focused on Kaepernick than Cutler at this point.

Guys who are for signing Kaepernick, imagine you're an owner of a team. You sign off on picking up Kaepernick. Then this becomes your life:

1. Your local paper puts the "pig socks" picture on the front page.

2. Your city's policeman's union condemns the move in the most forceful language possible.

3. National media flocks into your locker room, asking every incendiary question they can formulate in an attempt to get a white player to go on the record disparaging Kaepernick. (Note: even if they don't get this quote, they will imply they did). 

4. Local radio talk show hacks invite the self-serving Jason Whitlock on, who succeeds in antagonizing every white supremacist in the listening radius to rage against your franchise. 

5. Your head coach is asked literally nothing but Kaepernick questions.

And this would all occur before Kaepernick even puts shoulder pads on. Eventually, there will be another police shooting somewhere, and CNN will appear in your locker room, And Kaepernick will either give his opinion on the matter (which puts you back at #1), or he'll clam up and be deemed a sellout, which is a whole new set of distractions.

Your return on this investment? You get the quarterback who has been absolutely terrible since Jim Harbaugh went to Michigan. 

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I actually make some effort to be objective.

Objectively, Kaepernick is 5 years younger than Cutler.

Objectively, Kaepernick is willing to compete for a job, Cutler has not expressed that he is.

Objectively, Kaepernick is willing to take a back up job, Cutler has not expressed that he is.

Objectively, Kaepernick wants to continue his career as a player, Cutler has not expressed that he does.

Objectively, Kaepernick has not been considered a bad teammate at pretty much every step of his career, Cutler has been.

Objectively, Kaepernick doesn't have a job in television, Cutler does.

We can also reasonably assume that Kaepernick would be far less expensive than Culter.

The point is, there are plenty of reasons besides your repeated cries of reverse racism for people more focused on Kaepernick than Cutler at this point.

You don't make an effort to be objective, you make a huge effort to be over the top PC, huge difference. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Guys who are for signing Kaepernick, imagine you're an owner of a team. You sign off on picking up Kaepernick. Then this becomes your life:

1. Your local paper puts the "pig socks" picture on the front page.

2. Your city's policeman's union condemns the move in the most forceful language possible.

3. National media flocks into your locker room, asking every incendiary question they can formulate in an attempt to get a white player to go on the record disparaging Kaepernick. (Note: even if they don't get this quote, they will imply they did). 

4. Local radio talk show hacks invite the self-serving Jason Whitlock on, who succeeds in antagonizing every white supremacist in the listening radius to rage against your franchise. 

5. Your head coach is asked literally nothing but Kaepernick questions.

And this would all occur before Kaepernick even puts shoulder pads on. Eventually, there will be another police shooting somewhere, and CNN will appear in your locker room, And Kaepernick will either give his opinion on the matter (which puts you back at #1), or he'll clam up and be deemed a sellout, which is a whole new set of distractions.

Your return on this investment? You get the quarterback who has been absolutely terrible since Jim Harbaugh went to Michigan. 

Certainly... My point is in no way that Kaepernick should be signed, it's simply that he's not being signed for non-football reasons.  Because, he'd be an upgrade for a handful of teams as a starter and many teams as a back-up.

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

LOL... You just killed a guy for going public about his charity work when unemployed as it makes him a fraud, and your own guy literally did exactly that.

The mental gymnastics you need to do to support your stances are astounding.

one has nothing to do w/ the other. the man said he would play for free, that's very different then leaking out about your charity work.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

You don't make an effort to be objective, you make a huge effort to be over the top PC, huge difference. 

Which of the statements I made above is not objectively correct and an effort to be PC?  Since it's a huge difference, please be specific.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ray Rice is out of the league because he was caught on video while averaging 3.5 ypc. 

no, he's out b/c there was a tape.  if no tape he'd still be in the league.  he had one bad year where he was hurt. this was all about the tape.  he knows what he did, he accepts being blackballed.  he has no one to blame but himself.

Just now, nyjunc said:

one has nothing to do w/ the other. the man said he would play for free, that's very different then leaking out about your charity work.

Which, could have been done privately, no?  As, you state should be done...

Just now, gEYno said:

Which, could have been done privately, no?  As, you state should be done...

him wanting in was very different, Colin will get another shot at some point.  Ray was afraid(and rightfully so) he'd never get another shot.  

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Certainly... My point is in no way that Kaepernick should be signed, it's simply that he's not being signed for non-football reasons.  Because, he'd be an upgrade for a handful of teams as a starter and many teams as a back-up.

I agree that he's talented enough to be in the league, but I'm sympathetic to those who'd like to sign him but don't see the value in inviting the peripherals. I thought John Mara--who isn't a hard-right kook at all--was pretty honest about this.

Archived