Game 7 - Let's Go Yankees!

Maxman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

This team only lacks starting pitching...throwing a 38 yo 300# CC out the expecting his cunning and guile to carry the way to the WS?  Not optimal...it's amazing he stayed healthy all year, and he's a gamer, but on most good teams staffs he's nothing more than a #5.  I would have preferred Gray...I mean, what the hell did they give up three GOOD prospects for the guy anyway?  He's pitched pretty well, the NYY haven't given him any run support.

Tanaka is one weird pitch from missing a full season for TJ surgery.  Garcia ain't more than a #4 regular season guy, Pineda is gone.

This team needs starting pitching.

Next years rotation:

1. Tanaka

2. Severino

3. Gray

4. Green

5. ????

I like Gray, he is only 27 and I think will be more comfortable here next year. I am not a fan of Garcia.

This is a good read:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/16/a-peak-at-yankees-potentially-devastating-2018-rotation/

Just now, Maxman said:

Next years rotation:

1. Tanaka

2. Severino

3. Gray

4. Green

5. ????

I like Gray, he is only 27 and I think will be more comfortable here next year. I am not a fan of Garcia.

This is a good read:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/16/a-peak-at-yankees-potentially-devastating-2018-rotation/

Great article.

Well, you hope it's gonna be the kid from Japan.  Not a fan of bringing back CC though, at any cost.  There are too many young arms that need ML experience...signing CC is like signing McCown (sorry, couldn't resist).  Between Adams, Acevedo, Sheffield and Montgomery there will be a lot of competition in ST.

I'm not averse to trading for a proven ML asset either.  I wanted Verlander at the deadline, saw him as a present day Clemens for this team...probably would have cost the same or less than Gray in prospects (albeit they would have assumed a lot more salary and I know they're trying to get under $189 mill).

Gonna be interesting next year!  Go Yanks!!

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Great article.

Well, you hope it's gonna be the kid from Japan.  Not a fan of bringing back CC though, at any cost.  There are too many young arms that need ML experience...signing CC is like signing McCown (sorry, couldn't resist).  Between Adams, Acevedo, Sheffield and Montgomery there will be a lot of competition in ST.

I'm not averse to trading for a proven ML asset either.  I wanted Verlander at the deadline, saw him as a present day Clemens for this team...probably would have cost the same or less than Gray in prospects (albeit they would have assumed a lot more salary and I know they're trying to get under $189 mill).

Gonna be interesting next year!  Go Yanks!!

I love CC but every landing makes you think it will be his last. Can't bring him back.

I was hoping for Verlander at the deadline in some kind of salary exchange with Ellsbury. Didn't happen and he won half the games this series for the Astros.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I love CC but every landing makes you think it will be his last. Can't bring him back.

I was hoping for Verlander at the deadline in some kind of salary exchange with Ellsbury. Didn't happen and he won half the games this series for the Astros.

Ahhh...I knew DET wanted nothing to do with Ellsbury; if I was the NYY, I would have offered Gardner (younger and cheaper, partial salary offset) or even Hicks (though even less of a salary offset I suppose).  The Yanks have a some OF prospects to move up also like Frazier and Cave.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Ahhh...I knew DET wanted nothing to do with Ellsbury; if I was the NYY, I would have offered Gardner (younger and cheaper, partial salary offset) or even Hicks (though even less of a salary offset I suppose).  The Yanks have a some OF prospects to move up also like Frazier and Cave.

Clint Frazier is going to be starting next year. Not sure exactly how, but he looked good when he first came up. The guy brings an intense energy level.

And they need to find a DH. Headley DH'ing is insanity.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Clint Frazier is going to be starting next year. Not sure exactly how, but he looked good when he first came up. The guy brings an intense energy level.

And they need to find a DH. Headley DH'ing is insanity.

I agree.  Not particularly in favor of bringing in a 'designated' DH though like Holliday (man he was good until that viral infection though).  25 man roster when you carry a large BP ideally calls for all bench players to be able to play the field IMO.  That's why I'd eat half of Headley's salary and dump him for some prospects and resign someone like Frazier who's on par with Headley as a hitter, more durable and plays a better 3B...or get rid of them both and carry 5 OF (Gardner, Judge, Hicks, Frazier and Ells?). Before Torres's TJ surgery that was probably and option for sure, but the Yanks also have another 3B prospect at SWB in Miguel Andujar who will be invited to ST I bet.

I think we're gonna see the NYY make some interesting trades going forward, possibly eating salary to offload guys like Headley and Ells.  We'll see.

6 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I agree.  Not particularly in favor of bringing in a 'designated' DH though like Holliday (man he was good until that viral infection though).  25 man roster when you carry a large BP ideally calls for all bench players to be able to play the field IMO.  That's why I'd eat half of Headley's salary and dump him for some prospects and resign someone like Frazier who's on par with Headley as a hitter, more durable and plays a better 3B...or get rid of them both and carry 5 OF (Gardner, Judge, Hicks, Frazier and Ells?). Before Torres's TJ surgery that was probably and option for sure, but the Yanks also have another 3B prospect at SWB in Miguel Andujar who will be invited to ST I bet.

I think we're gonna see the NYY make some interesting trades going forward, possibly eating salary to offload guys like Headley and Ells.  We'll see.

I would be down with large salary dumps for both Headley and Ellsbury. 

With Judge, Hicks, Gardner, Frazier (Clint) -- they can do a DH by committee. Sanchez will need to DH a bunch as well.

There is no other fanbase out there that should be able to appreciate what a pennant run immediately after a cataclysmic, devastating event can do for a community, like Yankee fans. Good for Houston.

Fair play to the Yankees. They’ll be back. Watching these two teams beat the crap out of each other was crazy entertaining baseball, but what the Astros just did for Houston is ******* awesome. There are a loooooot of people going through some horrific things right now that got something to take their mind off of things tonight and smile for a little bit. Good sh*t. 

Just getting home. ANNOYED BUT CAN'T COMPLAIN. 

Had dinner late by Rockefeller and tripped upon COMPLIMENTARY bleacher seating with 2 massive big screens in Rockefeller plaza showing the game. It was awesome and had a game atmosphere with people cheering and chanting the ENTIRE time. It was AWESOME. Saw it from the 2nd inning until the end. Heart broken but the Yanks went further than what I expected ALL YEAR. I tip my cap and hope they'll be menace for the next few years to come. 

Drank my sorrows away considering how close we were. Ended the night by meeting up with my older brother FROM FLA  only to have him introduce me to his mistress. sh*tty night and I feel for my nephew; Mommy has been UPGraded.. LOL.  :lol::( 

GO JETS! BEAT THE FINS!

Archived