Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Game 7 - Let's Go Yankees!

Recommended Posts

The Yankees are way ahead of schedule on this rebuild. This season has been so much fun. Here is to watching them win another elimination game.

They need another big outing from CC. He is a 5 inning guy at this point, but it would be amazing if he could cruise through 6. Hand it to the pen and let's go Yankees.

This team plays the game right, they believe in themselves and they will only get better from here. Crazy to think that they are this young but hopefully they can win 5 more games this season and come back even stronger next year!

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mods, this forum is for rooting for JETS wins only.

Can we move this to the baseball forums, please?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Mods, this forum is for rooting for JETS wins only.

Can we move this to the baseball forums, please?

I don't even know what a "Yankies" is, because the only sport I watch is JETS football #RealFansStandUp

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Mods, this forum is for rooting for JETS wins only.

Can we move this to the baseball forums, please?

Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Yankees are way ahead of schedule on this rebuild. This season has been so much fun. Here is to watching them win another elimination game.

They need another big outing from CC. He is a 5 inning guy at this point, but it would be amazing if he could cruise through 6. Hand it to the pen and let's go Yankees.

This team plays the game right, they believe in themselves and they will only get better from here. Crazy to think that they are this young but hopefully they can win 5 more games this season and come back even stronger next year!

And they still have a handful more young kids waiting in the wings with Torres, Frazier, Wade and Andujar as well a P's German and Adams.

The future is bright.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

And they still have a handful more young kids waiting in the wings with Torres, Frazier, Wade and Andujar as well a P's German and Adams.

The future is bright.

I thought we would see Chance Adams up this year, but they really didn't need him. I like him though, kid had another solid year.

Frazier has been a fun story this year. But with Headley under contract, I think you let him play 3B next year until Gleyber is ready to take over. They did all this without real production from 1b or 3b this year. Crazy. Hopefully Bird can keep producing over the next week and stay healthy next year.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I thought we would see Chance Adams up this year, but they really didn't need him. I like him though, kid had another solid year.

Frazier has been a fun story this year. But with Headley under contract, I think you let him play 3B next year until Gleyber is ready to take over. They did all this without real production from 1b or 3b this year. Crazy. Hopefully Bird can keep producing over the next week and stay healthy next year.  :)

Ahhh...Adams still needs a third pitch to be an effective starter...he's almost there though.

If I had a choice of Frazier at his current $7 mill vs Headley at his $10 mill, I'd take Frazier every time.   Plus, he's 2 yrs younger than Headley.  Resign Frazier for half of what Headley is making and trade Headley..3B are hard to come by.

Nice problems to have I admit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I thought we would see Chance Adams up this year, but they really didn't need him. I like him though, kid had another solid year.

Frazier has been a fun story this year. But with Headley under contract, I think you let him play 3B next year until Gleyber is ready to take over. They did all this without real production from 1b or 3b this year. Crazy. Hopefully Bird can keep producing over the next week and stay healthy next year.  :)

I think he was referencing Clint Frazier not Todd in the young players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for the feedback.

No problem, boss. Happy to contribute. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I think he was referencing Clint Frazier not Todd in the young players.

Ummm...Clint Frazier plays OF, not 3B...like Todd Frazier and Chase Headley.  Since he said he'd let Headley play 3B as he's under contract til Torres (INF) is ready, I believe he was talking about the interesting story of Todd Frazier this year, NYY fan as a kid who is from Toms River NJ.

Or am I being dense lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Jets Yankees Knicks fan. All in rebuild. But no organization does it better than the YANKEES

The others don’t get to spend 25-50% more than 1/2 the teams in the league

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Jets Yankees Knicks fan. All in rebuild. But no organization does it better than the YANKEES

Throw in the NYR for me also...and they NEED a rebuild lol.

Damn you Joe Willie...I coulda been a Giants fan! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The others don’t get to spend 25-50% more than 1/2 the teams in the league

Boom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as a Met Fan I don't really care about the Yankmees and I enjoy seeing them lose. Fun Fact: I worked at Shea and Yankee Stadium as a guard for years and used to wear a Met shirt under my uni shirt. When throwing out Yankee fans I would open my shirt and say not only are you gettin' tossed but a Met Fan did it. Have a good game.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a life long Yankee hater and Met fan, but I have to tell you, it is really tough to hate this Yankee team. Since they did not buy all of their players this time, I rather like this team and am rooting for them to win it all. Love Joe Girardi, in fact I am hoping he is fired or quits like everyone is saying so the Mets can grab him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Ummm...Clint Frazier plays OF, not 3B...like Todd Frazier and Chase Headley.  Since he said he'd let Headley play 3B as he's under contract til Torres (INF) is ready, I believe he was talking about the interesting story of Todd Frazier this year, NYY fan as a kid who is from Toms River NJ.

Or am I being dense lol?

I’m well aware of what position Clint Frazier plays, been a huge Yankees fan since 1960.  I thought Max was replying to your post about the youngsters in which you referenced Frazier among others.  I guess I didn’t read his entire post properly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Ahhh...Adams still needs a third pitch to be an effective starter...he's almost there though.

If I had a choice of Frazier at his current $7 mill vs Headley at his $10 mill, I'd take Frazier every time.   Plus, he's 2 yrs younger than Headley.  Resign Frazier for half of what Headley is making and trade Headley..3B are hard to come by.

Nice problems to have I admit!

I know that he wasn't referring to Todd but I'm so high on this kid and I hope he's playing third base in June next year.

Not sure headley is tradable at all it's going to be a tough problem.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game though.... That play by judge was amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The others don’t get to spend 25-50% more than 1/2 the teams in the league

Lol. That's a great argument. If the year was 2005.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully that becomes the turning point in this game. One pitch, inning over. Double play.

Time for the offense to get going now and take this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Yes. The point is the Yankees are trending way down.

I don't see the Astros complaining they just won two games this series with the 65 million dollar contract they picked up from verlander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much offseason mission number one is teaching Greg bird how to slide into Home Plate LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I’m here for the Aaron Judge puns 

I dread to think what they'd look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Finally something Jets fans who like the Jets and Jets fans who hate the Jets can agree on.

But what if you're not a Yankers fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...