Josh Allen

Jetster

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

That would be the earliest time his name was thrown around as a 1st round probability (I think Adam is full of sh*t about the no 1 pick part, as that would have meant said personnel director though he'd leapfrog Darnold, which at that time was ludicrous). He was eligible to declare along with 1/3 of his offense for the 2017 draft, but didn't. At that time, he was a day 2 guys, with some perceived upside. Then he magically ascended during the offseason/summer. 

Why do you like him Hess. 

I never said I liked him.

My personal preference is probably

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. Jackson

4. Mayfield

5. Allen

...I would however rather the Jets take Allen at #6 vs. any FA or other positional player. I want the Jets to draft a QB at #6, bottom line. My expectations are that the clowns running the organization would have more intel and if for once, could pick the right guy. My eggs are in that basket 100% for good or bad. I don't want somebody else's guy. I want to draft the right franchise QB for once. And although Allen personally scares me, my ego won't override the fact that I don't know it all, nobody really does with these QBs....and so whoever it is, I'll at least get to daydream about what may be, for little bit.  

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

He played really well in his biggest game, his bowl game. They basically won the game in the first half - I think he had 3 TDS. He also played really well in the Senior Bowl - his two biggest games as a QB. 

LOL - yes he won the Potato Bowl with 57.9% completion vs Central Michigan who had 8 turnovers...

We can agree that he helped himself in the Senior Bowl but it was not a full game and there was minimal game planning 

Did not look good vs ranked teams like Iowa or Oregon, let's look for a quality win where he led his team to victory - let me know if you find one

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/3918298/josh-allen

I really want to find a reason to like the pick when the Jets select Josh Allen

47 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

LOL - yes he won the Potato Bowl with 57.9% completion vs Central Michigan who had 8 turnovers...

We can agree that he helped himself in the Senior Bowl but it was not a full game and there was minimal game planning 

Did not look good vs ranked teams like Iowa or Oregon, let's look for a quality win where he led his team to victory - let me know if you find one

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/3918298/josh-allen

I really want to find a reason to like the pick when the Jets select Josh Allen

@Greensleeves pretty much everything he said. You can really tell who's watched youtube clips and caught a couple bowl games -- vs the crowd that watched him weekly thoughout. He was painfully bad at times. The rest of his team notwithstanding, he was just bad (like first half of the senior bowl bad)..

I went into the season wanting to love him, Josh never put it all together. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I never said I liked him.

My personal preference is probably

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. Jackson

4. Mayfield

5. Allen

...I would however rather the Jets take Allen at #6 vs. any FA or other positional player. I want the Jets to draft a QB at #6, bottom line. My expectations are that the clowns running the organization would have more intel and if for once, could pick the right guy. My eggs are in that basket 100% for good or bad. I don't want somebody else's guy. I want to draft the right franchise QB for once. And although Allen personally scares me, my ego won't override the fact that I don't know it all, nobody really does with these QBs....and so whoever it is, I'll at least get to daydream about what may be, for little bit.  

Can't argue with your list and preference. I'd have a few names ahead of Allen, or in consideration around that point. 

Interested point in bold. I think I might have to agree. I hope to god our franchise is capable of ignoring NFL pop-media, and would consider Jackson there ahead of Allen (as it should be)... but if i was told Allen or nothing.. fck. Guess I'm going Allen. We need to take swing at that position. A serious swing. 

The biggest thing with Allen is that he might need one of those lovely "red shirt" years... I've seen more than a few articles and mocks saying he might need a year behind someone to learn the ropes and improve his accuracy, unlike say Rosen who probably goes and plays day 1.

Can Jets fans handle that? Or will everyone be so skittish because of the Hack nightmare that anything less than someone who starts day 1 sets off a panic?

On 2/11/2018 at 10:32 PM, Jetster said:

I mean we have fans on this site who have stated they will cut ties with the Jets if they take Allen, lol.

Heard the same thing about signing Michael Vick. Fact is if we have stuck around through the decades of incompetence, we aren't going anywhere because of one measly blown draft pick. We're caught in a bad romance. Woody understands little but he understands this. Hence the PSLs.

19 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I love Minkah but we already have 2 good safeties. If you're thinking of penciling him in at CB......forget it. Roll Tide

Todd Bowles wants to run penny defense where we line up 10 Strong Safeties and Sheldon Richardson rushes the edge

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Can't argue with your list and preference. I'd have a few names ahead of Allen, or in consideration around that point. 

Interested point in bold. I think I might have to agree. I hope to god our franchise is capable of ignoring NFL pop-media, and would consider Jackson there ahead of Allen (as it should be)... but if i was told Allen or nothing.. fck. Guess I'm going Allen. We need to take swing at that position. A serious swing. 

We need a damn QB, like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play. I'll take Jackson no problem.

Archived