Could Quenton Nelson Play Tackle?

Lith

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

A not insignificant portion of this board sat here 14 months ago and defended back-to-back safeties. Spending the sixth overall pick on a guard would be a hell of a boon for The Discourse.

five technique, ILB, strong safety... and now guard?  Three of them @ pick 6?

I could envision a situation where Nelson makes sense at six, but there are just so many other moves I'd make first.  Let's see how these edge rushers run at the combine, maybe somebody becomes worthy of the sixth pick?

On 2/26/2018 at 2:36 PM, dbatesman said:

A not insignificant portion of this board sat here 14 months ago and defended back-to-back safeties. Spending the sixth overall pick on a guard would be a hell of a boon for The Discourse.

Fourteen months? You jest. This has been going on for literally forever. People were talking about Justin Blalock at wherever we were picking before we traded up for Revis.

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The transition would be tough because he's not great in open space, or should i say that it's simply isnt his strong point at this moment. But the general public that believes this kid isnt worth a top 10 pick because he's a guard is fooling themselves. 

Kirk Cousins entire game as qb is based off of play action.  To be good at play action the defense needs to respect your ability to run up the middle.  Quentin Nelson would absolutely help with that so no need to move him to Tackle

On 2/25/2018 at 12:43 PM, New York Mick said:

I have no issue with getting Nelson at 6 if we get a QB in FA. 

Cousins at QB with Nelson at OG.....and a RB taken at the top of Round 2?  That's a recipe to jumpstart an offense that's been mediocre for years!

On 2/26/2018 at 12:36 PM, dbatesman said:

Jets being Jets.  S and S in 2017, OG in 2018, TE in 2019?

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Cousins at QB with Nelson at OG.....and a RB taken at the top of Round 2?  That's a recipe to jumpstart an offense that's been mediocre for years!

Yes it is.....Buuuuut one of your key ingredients will be missing.....Cousins. Just read an article on PFT that the Jets are convinced he's going to the Vikings.

Archived