DRAFT ALLEN

Nyjfanrichie

The jets need to step back and look at the big picture, Kirk cousins is GOOD he is not GREAT. The reason people are going "crazy" over him is because he is free to sign. He is not worth the money he is asking, he has only been in ONE playoff game his numbers aren't even as good as mcowns last year, we did great getting rid of players to free up cap space, we need to upgrade our qb yes BUT THROUGH THE DRAFT, we need a better o line and a better d line it doesn't matter we need to spend the money on those core spots maybe picking up a better wide out as well as some corners, jamal Adams is a great pick up from last year and breaking our bank on a guy that isn't that great is dumb, we need to sign mcown to a 2 year deal worth 20 mil ( 10 mil a year ) draft Allen and upgrade our o line and d line, if we could get saquan great we need to get a rb as well , but all in all we should NOT spend the money on someone that is just a little upgrade from mcown for 150 million let me know your thoughts :)

21 minutes ago, Nyjfanrichie said:

The jets need to step back and look at the big picture, Kirk cousins is GOOD he is not GREAT. The reason people are going "crazy" over him is because he is free to sign. He is not worth the money he is asking, he has only been in ONE playoff game his numbers aren't even as good as mcowns last year, we did great getting rid of players to free up cap space, we need to upgrade our qb yes BUT THROUGH THE DRAFT, we need a better o line and a better d line it doesn't matter we need to spend the money on those core spots maybe picking up a better wide out as well as some corners, jamal Adams is a great pick up from last year and breaking our bank on a guy that isn't that great is dumb, we need to sign mcown to a 2 year deal worth 20 mil ( 10 mil a year ) draft Allen and upgrade our o line and d line, if we could get saquan great we need to get a rb as well , but all in all we should NOT spend the money on someone that is just a little upgrade from mcown for 150 million let me know your thoughts :)

So, I would assume you would rather have the money spent on other FAs? Please suggest who you would get using that same cap space. Because you would only get two, maybe 3 guys and eat the same amount of cap (probably more) and these guys would not be 'GREAT' either, they would be 'GOOD' and there;s no guarantee they would even come to the Jets with McCown or a developmental rookie at QB. 

Because I believe if the Jets get Cousins, it would solidify the QB position for the next 3-4 years AT LEAST. But just as importantly, it would allow the Jets to TRADE DOWN from 6 and infuse the team with young talent at the positions you yourself want them to upgrade in. O-line, RB, WR, CB, Pass Rusher. 

For example, if we trade down with the Cardinals and get their 15th, 2nd, 3rd and a pick next year, we would have 6 draft picks (one in the first, 3 in the second and 2 in the third) in the first 3 rounds. That's six players that, if we are lucky, could come in and contribute immediately, on low rookie scale salaries. And we'd have a solid QB to build around. 

The Jets are in a unique position where they can afford Cousins and the truth of the matter is that WHOEVER they get (via draft, FA or trade) they will have to pay at some point, probably just as much as Kirk.   

So yes, I am all for getting Cousins. And I am all for trading down from the 6th overall pick if we do so. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

So, I would assume you would rather have the money spent on other FAs? Please suggest who you would get using that same cap space. Because you would only get two, maybe 3 guys and eat the same amount of cap (probably more) and these guys would not be 'GREAT' either, they would be 'GOOD' and there;s no guarantee they would even come to the Jets with McCown or a developmental rookie at QB. 

Because I believe if the Jets get Cousins, it would solidify the QB position for the next 3-4 years AT LEAST. But just as importantly, it would allow the Jets to TRADE DOWN from 6 and infuse the team with young talent at the positions you yourself want them to upgrade in. O-line, RB, WR, CB, Pass Rusher. 

For example, if we trade down with the Cardinals and get their 15th, 2nd, 3rd and a pick next year, we would have 6 draft picks (one in the first, 3 in the second and 2 in the third) in the first 3 rounds. That's six players that, if we are lucky, could come in and contribute immediately, on low rookie scale salaries. And we'd have a solid QB to build around. 

The Jets are in a unique position where they can afford Cousins and the truth of the matter is that WHOEVER they get (via draft, FA or trade) they will have to pay at some point, probably just as much as Kirk.   

So yes, I am all for getting Cousins. And I am all for trading down from the 6th overall pick if we do so. 

I seee your point, thevthibg that scares me about cousins is the numbers, but he was set up to fail by an orginization hat really didn't want him. I see your point with no one wanting to come to the jets with no real qb, this draft is gonna be interesting regardless. I feel like Kirk Needs work with his mobility, he leads in most sack yards and with a jets o line that is just down right terrible he'll get murdered and still the jets team is tempting to him the money is so what would the jets offer him besides the money, Viking could offer him a whole team with for 90 million so I think if the jets want him there gonna have to offer a really fat paycheck and it's about what cousins wants, butbyour plan works if done right by the jets, and honestly I don't trust the jets with a rookie qb they don't know how to develop them and most of the time there bust, so who would you pick up in the draft if they sign cousins ? 

19 hours ago, Nyjfanrichie said:

I don't trust the jets with a rookie qb they don't know how to develop them and most of the time there bust, so who would you pick up in the draft if they sign cousins ?

Your point about the Jets inability to develop a QB is spot on. I would only trust them with an Andrew Luck type who is ready to come in and play immediately, not a developmental guy like Allen or Jackson or even Rosen, although I think all of them are great QB talents. 

I have a number of guys on my watch list depending on what kind of trade the Jets get if they move down. 

If they move down to 15 with the Cards (the idea being that the Cards get a QB at 6) and get the 15th pick, their 2nd rounder and their 3rd, I'm looking at these prospects.

Rd. 1- 15th: McGlinchey- OT

Rd. 2- Jets pick: A. Key- DE/Pass Rusher, H.Landry- OLB/Pass Rusher, C.Thomas- DE/Pass Rusher

Rd. 2- Cards pick: Ronald Jones- RB, S.Michel-RB

Rd. 2- Hawks pick: F.Ragnow- C (I expect Price to go ahead of Ragnow, even though Ragnow is probably the better prospect. But his injury will drop him to Rd. 2). Jets may also address the C position in FA, which would make this a different positional selection. Maybe a Guard like Braden Smith out of Auburn. 

Rd. 3- Jets pick: A.Tate- WR (may not be on the board, but I want the Jets to take a big target WR fairly early). 

Rd. 3- Cards pick: M.J. Stewart- CB 

I'd be very happy with a draft that looked something like this. I think it's pretty realistic, but the Jets would have to get lucky with soem of these guys falling to their at their respective draft spots.  

Archived