Tony Pauline shares one team's big board

Augustiniak

Just now, Jazy8ball said:

This board is so down on Allen its crazy.. I personally don't understand it. MANY draft evaluators have Allen ranked in the top 3, but people on this message board know more. For some reason they compare Allen to Hack, which is laughable. 

It's the subliminal remnants of Penningtology.  They're fixated on the completion percentage.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SMC said:

This is not out of the question.  Mara mentioned that he liked how the Packers handled the Favre-Rodgers situation.  Allen is made for that because Darnold and Rosen would create too much tension early on for Eli.  Allen can at least sit for 2 yrs without an issue.

Honestly, I think it's happening.  Think about it from their perspective.  

First of all, I'm convinved they're taking a QB - just be irresponsible not to.

Allen's upside is HUGE - if they really do think they have 2 or even 3 years - you roll the dice here, try and get this kid in the right direction and if you fail - well, you have the time to walk away from him and still get a new QB in 2 years. Is it worth rolling the dice that you can have a potential HOF QB (or a bust) and for that risk you're passing on a RB?

I think they pass on Rosen for two core reasons...

1) As you mentioned - He's going to want to play and doesn't seem like the type of kid that will be okay sitting on the bench very long - QB controversy is something the Giants almost certainly want to avoid.

2) The Giants favortive thing about Eli is that he plays week in and week out...he's their iron man.  Rosen is unlikely to be that guy.

15 hours ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

There is so much gamesmanship at work here.  I can't imagine a team sharing their real top 15 with the news.   So i take this with a big grain of salt.  Regardless, it's another data point which is cool to consider

Who is going to share their top 15.  Please. 

On 3/25/2018 at 11:34 PM, C Mart said:

Hard time believing any teams draft boards are set yet alone shared. I’ve heard Bill Polian say boards aren’t set until a week before the draft. At that point all the medicals, medical rechecks, security reports have been received, analyzed. 

All that said. I do believe Tony knows  Texans GM Brian Gaine (ex jets scout). 

Tom Pelissero‏ @TomPelissero

Gettleman says the #Giants have gotten calls about the No. 2 pick. Haven’t set their board yet. “We really have to picture this guy putting on a gold jacket.”

Archived