!### Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread ###!

Maxman

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the FOURTH rebuild, coming from the same regime!!  When you CREATE multiple rebuilds because of your own ineptitude, how the f*** do you get a pass for that?

Jeeeeezus.

So every year is a separate rebuild?

Building a team takes time. If the Jets constantly wait 3-4 years and throw in the towel you'll get what we've been getting: three or four years of this, start over, three or four years of that, start over, forever. Maybe that's palatable to you, and I respect that opinion, I just don't share it.

I just feel the last two drafts have added talent to a team totally bereft of it. Yes, misses abound and the OL has never been addressed. But I'm willing to give the GM a pass because the GM cycle should be more than 3-4 years, especially when they've just started with a rookie franchise QB. I like the drafts the last two years. And while not every free agent signing has worked out, there isn't a lot of money committed to them. So, easily replaceable.

I hate the false notions that an offense needs to run the ball to protect a QB. The more a QB throws, the more accurate he becomes. Now, if your OL can't block it, that's another thing that needs addressing.

But I admit I could be wrong about everything...it really doesn't matter anyway.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, if you fire Bowles who do you make interim head coach?

Bates and Rodgers are both legitimately worse. Do you fire him purely out of anger to make a statement? Who is that best for?

I want him gone but it's a real question over whether that's better for anyone (Darnold specifically.)

Given the choices, can the Jets just do without a head coach? I mean, they kinda have been without one for a couple of years now...

49 minutes ago, phill1c said:

So every year is a separate rebuild?

Building a team takes time. If the Jets constantly wait 3-4 years and throw in the towel you'll get what we've been getting: three or four years of this, start over, three or four years of that, start over, forever. Maybe that's palatable to you, and I respect that opinion, I just don't share it.

I just feel the last two drafts have added talent to a team totally bereft of it. Yes, misses abound and the OL has never been addressed. But I'm willing to give the GM a pass because the GM cycle should be more than 3-4 years, especially when they've just started with a rookie franchise QB. I like the drafts the last two years. And while not every free agent signing has worked out, there isn't a lot of money committed to them. So, easily replaceable.

I hate the false notions that an offense needs to run the ball to protect a QB. The more a QB throws, the more accurate he becomes. Now, if your OL can't block it, that's another thing that needs addressing.

But I admit I could be wrong about everything...it really doesn't matter anyway. 

lol, I'm saying that we've tried to build up and then tear it down MULTIPLE times while Macc has been in charge.  When he drafted Christian Hackenberg, he actually made that selection with Hack as the franchise QB in mind.  That's how stupid this guy is. 

It doesn't take 4 years to rebuild in the NFL.  Nor should the product on the field be this bad 4 years into his regime.  We went from 11-5 to 5-11, 5-11, and now 3-6.  And today we looked like a CFL team could have beaten us.  How is that acceptable?

No, a GM cycle should NOT be more than 4 years when he muffed up the cycle he's been given.  We have zero elite players at premium positions.  Zero.  We have needs all over the roster.  Why do you think that, given more time, he'll somehow fix things and become a good drafter?  What evidence is there to suggest we're headed in the right direction?

Yes, the O-Line can't block for the pass or the run.  And Macc's big free agent signing at Center can't even snap the ball properly.  We've ignored the line for 4 years, and are paying for it now.  That alone is a fireable offense.  As is the Hackenberg pick.  As is our inability to draft a pass rusher.  As is our awful corners and receivers.  Any one of these issues are deserving of getting a GM fired.  We have all of them going for us right now.  The perfect storm of suck. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Guys and girls at the stadium aren't you all sick and tired of Joe Nolan I am every time I attend home games (even Rutgers games) and hearing him on TV. 

Also, when we're down by 30, maybe skip playing the friggin' air raid siren on third down and yelling "FIRST DOWN!" when we miraculously get one?  Looks clueless.

Archived