Deebo Samuel skips Bowl, focused on NFL draft

JustInFudge

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah, agreed.  If they can work a trade down scenario and acquire some 2nd rounds picks or they can trade up into the 2nd round which I think he'd more than likely be worth the value to move up. 

The likelihood is slim to none because we never draft the guy I want, well that not's true...I wanted Dbrick, Mo Wilk and Coples (shame) but other than that we never do...but a boy can dream!!!

To me they have to start to build around Darnold this draft and there's not much to do at 3. Even if they take less to move down I think it's worth it to maneuver a little. We'll see. Time for Macc to earn not being fired.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heheh....this will never happen but I was bored at work so here's some Deebo love at the top of the third:

3: R1P3
EDGE JOSH ALLEN

68: R3P4
WR DEEBO SAMUEL

93: R3P29
RB DAVID MONTGOMERY

105: R4P3
 OT TYTUS HOWARD

141: R5P2
OT KALEB MCGARY

219: R7P3
 G JAVON PATTERSON

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on his WR skill set.What I DON'T like is his skipping his teams bowl game. You played with these guys the last 2-3 years, it's a team. Now you selfishly say "see ya". I understand his side but to me it's a "me 1st" attitude. Football is a team sport.

7 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on his WR skill set.What I DON'T like is his skipping his teams bowl game. You played with these guys the last 2-3 years, it's a team. Now you selfishly say "see ya". I understand his side but to me it's a "me 1st" attitude. Football is a team sport.

Get used to it, this is going to happen more and more...

This is a list from guys who announced they were skipping as of December 8th.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25443485/players-skipping-college-football-bowl-games-nfl-draft

14 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Get used to it, this is going to happen more and more...

This is a list from guys who announced they were skipping as of December 8th.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25443485/players-skipping-college-football-bowl-games-nfl-draft

Yes I'm aware of this trend. I just find it sad.

12 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes I'm aware of this trend. I just find it sad.

It is what it is today.  You can’t fault the kids for not wanting to get hurt in games which are essentially an exhibition.  Ever since the Jaylon Smith injury, and maybe even back to the Marcus Lattimore injury, guys have been thinking more about their futures than team success.   It is a business for these guys.  It would be interesting to see if Alabama misses out on the playoffs, how many players would skip their bowl game?   Wonder how Saban would react to that?

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/4/2018 at 3:23 PM, maury77 said:

I'll do a video analysis on Deebo later. P.S., my current favorite WR in the class is D.K. Metcalf. I think he has a little Al Toon to his game. 

figured I'd bump this because we're so good at this stuff

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1