Roman & Palmer & David Carr?

Smizzy

Jets | Team interviews Roman

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:43:46 -0800

The New York Post reports Houston Texans quarterbacks coach Greg Roman interviewed for an undisclosed position on the New York Jets coaching staff Friday, Jan. 20.

Jets | Team interviews Palmer

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:38:26 -0800

The New York Post reports former NFL head coach and offensive coordinator Chris Palmer interviewed for an undisclosed position on the New York Jets coaching staff Friday, Jan. 20.

Both of these men have worked closely with David Carr in texas. Carr is due an 8m bonus in March.

Id like to see David Carr play Qb for the NY jets.

Would you trade a 2nd rd pick for him?

a 2nd is too much for a guy who was the #1 pick a few yrs ago?

Yes. Because he has played like sh** and has been a complete bust. He still has ability, but I dont give up a 2nd rd pick for him.

3rd round pick for Carr? Yes

2nd round pick for Carr? No way, that pick is a very high 2nd, borderline late 1st. We'll land a very good player at #36.

Yes. Because he has played like sh** and has been a complete bust. He still has ability, but I dont give up a 2nd rd pick for him.

3rd round pick for Carr? Yes

2nd round pick for Carr? No way, that pick is a very high 2nd, borderline late 1st. We'll land a very good player at #36.

Carr in the last two seasons: 30 TDs, 25 INTs. Not world-beating, but certainly not "sh*tty" being as he has little to no help besides Davis and Johnson. He has also ran for 600+ yards in the past two seasons combined.

If surrounded by talent, Carr can be Favre-like. Problem is, he's never had jack sh*t to work with.

Both of these men have worked closely with David Carr in texas. Carr is due an 8m bonus in March.

Id like to see David Carr play Qb for the NY jets.

Would you trade a 2nd rd pick for him?

How about two firsts and a 4th?

Barton - If a second that is a 'borderline' 1st is too high, why isn't a third that is borderline a second? Where do you draw the line?

Even if Vince or Lienart slips to you, your QB is going to need time to develop. He warrants at least a second. It is not like he is a disaster like VT was leaving Tampa, he has demonstrated some ability. He was just in a horrible situation. The bottomline is the Jets should try for a conditional pick, assuming the Texans want to trade him, based on performance.

Carr in the last two seasons: 30 TDs, 25 INTs. Not world-beating, but certainly not "sh*tty" being as he has little to no help besides Davis and Johnson. He has also ran for 600+ yards in the past two seasons combined.

If surrounded by talent, Carr can be Favre-like. Problem is, he's never had jack Sh#t to work with.

Just for comparisons sake... Joey Harrington the past two seasons: 31 TDs, 24 INTs. And has had about as much, maybe less, than what Carr has had. But, I forgot the anti-Detroit bias the entire country has.

How about two firsts and a 4th?

Barton - If a second that is a 'borderline' 1st is too high, why isn't a third that is borderline a second? Where do you draw the line?

Thats where I draw the line.

No 1st and 2nd for Carr.

A 3rd rd pick for Carr, I would, especially considering we'll likely have a 3rd rd comp pick.

I've seen Carr play, and while the Oline is horrible, he makes them look even worse because the moron holds on to the ball too long, and when he has an open target he sometimes even miss completely by overthrowing them by 10 feet. He's a joke.

I would give up a 2nd without a doubt.

The only way I'd trade the first is if we got Houston's 2nd and 4th or maybe Domanick Davis too. Actually, I probably wouldn't trade the 1st and would take a chance on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

David Carr is young and has good size. You can't say he is bad because you can't throw when your sacked. He's thrown 1628 passes and been sacked 208 times. That's a lot of sacks. Drew Bledsoe is a big slow QB and Carr was sacked 20 times more than Bledsoe this year. That's just not giving the QB a chance.

Texans | Carr expensive any way you look at it

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:00:17 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Houston Texans QB David Carr has two options in his contract, The first option is that the Texans can pay him a $5.5 million bonus Feb. 19 and then pay him base salaries of $5 million this year and $5.25 million in 2007. That's $15.75 million for two years. The second option is that Carr gets an $8 million bonus Feb. 19 and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. That's $24.5 million for three years. The Texans could also not pick up either option and simply designate Carr as the team's franchise player. That move only decreases his value because it means that a team acquiring Carr would have him on only a one-year deal.

I've seen Carr play, and while the Oline is horrible, he makes them look even worse because the moron holds on to the ball too long, and when he has an open target he sometimes even miss completely by overthrowing them by 10 feet. He's a joke.

And I'm sure you have watched a ton of Texans games. #-o

And I'm sure you have watched a ton of Texans games. #-o

This season, I did.

Because I was keeping taps on the Reggie Bush sweepstakes and I had NFL ticket, I saw alot of Texans games. Carr stinks, he overthrows open wide recievers 10 yards downfield, makes poor decisions and holds on to the ball too long. He still has ability no doubt, which is why I'd offer a 3rd rd pick for him. Maybe a 3rd and a 5th to seal the deal, but nothing more.

This season, I did.

Because I was keeping taps on the Reggie Bush sweepstakes and I had NFL ticket, I saw alot of Texans games. Carr stinks, he overthrows open wide recievers 10 yards downfield, makes poor decisions and holds on to the ball too long. He still has ability no doubt, which is why I'd offer a 3rd rd pick for him. Maybe a 3rd and a 5th to seal the deal, but nothing more.

Oh, so you watched him this past year, on the 2-14 team with Davis and Johnson injured for large parts of the season?

Or have you watched him for his entire career like TX and I? :roll:

Oh, so you watched him this past year, on the 2-14 team with Davis and Johnson injured for large parts of the season?

Or have you watched him for his entire career like TX and I? :roll:

Ummm, David Carr wasnt exactly lighting up before the 2005 season. :shock:

He's not even worth the contract he will command + a 2nd rd draft pick? Cmon.

Ummm, David Carr wasnt exactly lighting up before the 2005 season. :shock:

He's not even worth the contract he will command + a 2nd rd draft pick? Cmon.

Carr passed for 3,500 yards in 2004.

The last Jets QB to do that: Vinny in 2000. Prior to that, no Jets Qb had passed for that much since Ken O'Brien in 1986.

Call me crazy, but I'll take it. :roll:

This season? The Texans won 2 games.

But hey, if Carr can't take the abuse, maybe he should call Joey Harrington (both have had a similar career path) and ask him how to deal with it.

Let the limp wristed jeffery Garcia take over? :lol:

Let the limp wristed jeffery Garcia take over? :lol:

And then take the job back and play better than him. Mind you, he was Mooch's boy, and your new favorite coach decided to use Garcia to win, and failed. Jauron's only win for the Lions came when Joey was the QB.

But, it seems David Carr gets a free pass from the nation. I forgot. My bad. :roll:

And then take the job back and play better than him. Mind you, he was Mooch's boy, and your new favorite coach decided to use Garcia to win, and failed. Jauron's only win for the Lions came when Joey was the QB.

But, it seems David Carr gets a free pass from the nation. I forgot. My bad. :roll:

Lol. Im a Harrington fan. I was making a Garcia gay joke.

Why do you have your panties in a bunch today, sunshine?

This isn't Smizzy Vs StormShadow & Matt39 in the King of The Ring. Take a zanax or valium and chill out,Homeslice!

Archived