Quincy's hopes for 2019

JetFreak89

Hard to remember based off of last year but in 2017 Enunwa had quite a few downfield bombs...for whatever reason Bates never let him run longer routes which I'm sure is part of the reason Quincy spoke up about play calling last year. It's easy for the D to denfend routes when they know you haven't gone past 15 yards all year long. 

I would say the main thing for Q is to stay on the field for more than 5 minutes without getting hurt. I said, and still believe when healthy, he was by far the best player on the Jet roster early last season, then got customarily injured and disappeared for the rest of the season,

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I would say the main thing for Q is to stay on the field for more than 5 minutes without getting hurt. I said, and still believe when healthy, he was by far the best player on the Jet roster early last season, then got customarily injured and disappeared for the rest of the season,

That's always going to be the problem with Quincy. He isn't he most gifted WR but what he lacks in speed/quickness he makes up in playing WR like a Tight end. That's great until he takes 1 too many beatings. 

50 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Hard to remember based off of last year but in 2017 Enunwa had quite a few downfield bombs...for whatever reason Bates never let him run longer routes which I'm sure is part of the reason Quincy spoke up about play calling last year. It's easy for the D to denfend routes when they know you haven't gone past 15 yards all year long. 

2016?  He didn't play in 2017.  I don't remember him seeing too many deep balls, but thankfully, those Brandon Marshall days seem an eternity ago. .  

35 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's always going to be the problem with Quincy. He isn't he most gifted WR but what he lacks in speed/quickness he makes up in playing WR like a Tight end. That's great until he takes 1 too many beatings. 

He ran a 4.45 at the combine.  I know they said he didn't have top end speed, but he seemed fast enough.  Maybe not so quick, but he is pretty big.  

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

2016?  He didn't play in 2017.  I don't remember him seeing too many deep balls, but thankfully, those Brandon Marshall days seem an eternity ago. .  

He ran a 4.45 at the combine.  I know they said he didn't have top end speed, but he seemed fast enough.  Maybe not so quick, but he is pretty big.  

Right, 2016...forgot to subtract the neck injury year. 

Just now, jetstream23 said:

So Miami ran 34 screens and the Jets ran 21 yet they were very similarly productive (9.3 vs. 8.9 YPR).  It almost begs the question of why the Jets didn't run more screens.

It seemed to me we ran a lot more earlier in the season and then stopped for some reason. I don't have stats to back that up, I just remember wondering why the heck we weren't running the screen anymore later in the season.

Archived