Gase Interview: Pro Football Talk

Copernicus

9 hours ago, Copernicus said:

For any fan who was a little concerned during and after Gase's initial press conference, this should ease any anxiety. A bit long so you'll need some time (18 minutes) but well worth it. Lots of good questions and answers. 

Manuc episodes don’t last forever, so not sure what this proves.

2 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

I listened to the entire interview and remarkably little was actually said.  Jets are going to put in work, darnold wants to learn, you can now do 3-way Skype, lots of travel involved with coaching interviews. 

I disagree, i thought a lot was said. Especially when you factor in how bizarre the official press conference was. When Gase stated "Jets are going to put the work in" I took it as Gase will be working around the clock, its the only thing he knows, and most importantly players better be on board or they won't be around long. A breathe of fresh are if you ask me after club med atmosphere of Rex and Bowels. Its clear, players have been warned. Better put the work in, better be on time for meetings or there will be consequences. Speaking of the 3 way Skype gave insight of how Gase made an impression on Darnald without having to be face to face. Thought the interview made him more human after the bulging eyes press conference. Loved how he was so looking forward to facing Williams defense each day and how it will create a competitive culture  with a edgy-ness that has been missing forever. Much criticism of Gase revolves around his record.  Hearing his explanation of losing  the bye week gave some interesting insight. I thought it was an informative interview 

Honestly, this type of interview means nothing to me. The guy is a new hire, most of us are on board with him and his coaching staff. I certainly am. I've seen and read enough since his introductory press conference to now realize he isn't the crazy eyed looney tune I thought he might be. That was a concern, LOL, so its nice to see that he talks like a real coach does, but I'm not interested in him spinning what happened in Miami. I'll watch how this offseason plays out, then start to judge him once OTAs and TC come around. I'm not interested in the "we're gonna out work everybody" 'Shape up or ship out, its a new day here" HC BS, that's first day presser stuff. If you eat this stuff up, and can't get enough, good for you. I'm just not that guy. This time of year there's nothing going on between coaches and players, and we're weeks away from FA and months from the draft. Lets spend some money on FAs, draft some keepers, get them in pads, Then I'll be listening for what he has to say. Until then, nah.

Archived