Building the Pats - By The Numbers

BettyBoop

The Pats had a total of two starters they selected in the first round last night.  The others included several fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh round picks and free agent pickups.  Now that's talent evaluation at its best.  Of course having the best coach of all-time and Tom Brady doesn't hurt, but Brady didn't win the game for them last night.

Van Noy I believe a 6th round Detroit Lions selection that NE traded for Trent Brown a 7th round pick of the 49ers that NE traded for this team has picked as close to last as possible in the 1st round for years and still manages to win the AFC East,AFC Championship and Super Bowl. 

Whatever they doing in NE its working. 

5 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

The Pats had a total of two starters they selected in the first round last night.  The others included several fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh round picks and free agent pickups.  Now that's talent evaluation at its best.  Of course having the best coach of all-time and Tom Brady doesn't hurt, but Brady didn't win the game for them last night.

You can't praise a team for their drafting ability if they consistently bust with their 1st rounders. 

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Imagine if their GM wasn’t just a glorified DC.

I am convinced that Brady would be nothing without bb. Bb is the lifeblood of that team he runs by far the most disciplined organization in the nfl which is why the team has been successful. It has nothing to do with their crappy drafting. Why do you think when veteran players who sucked on other teams go there and excel and why players who had success as patriots go elsewhere and flop.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

You can't praise a team for their drafting ability if they consistently bust with their 1st rounders. 

If they are hitting with their later picks and reaching superbowls, I think you certainly can.  

They have the greatest coach and QB of all-time, it starts and ends there. Every other player that shines in the moment is a direct reflection of the coach harping on fundementals and not go outside the scope of his gameplan. Belichick made McVay look like a high school dbacks coach last night. 

Archived