Lakers are stuck in no-mans land

We all knew the Lakers wouldn't be a contender this year.  But its kind of amazing just how bad things are right now.

They have a 0.1 % chance to make the playoffs.  But they can't tank.  The NBA won't allow the team to sit LeBron (nor would he likely allow it), and because of all the injuries they're dealing with, they can't really even reduce his minutes.

And after failing to trade for Anthony Davis at the deadline....just who are they going to add this offseason?  The Celtics can offer a far better package of players to land The Brow.  Obviously Kyrie won't play with LeBron ever again.  And I also sincerely doubt Durant heads to LA.

So what will they be left with?  One or 2 B-grade pickups, and a few pissed off young players who Magic tried to package to get Davis?

No more rings for you, LeBron.  He's about to pass Jordan on the all-time points list, but it doesn't really even matter.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 8:05 PM, Hackenberg said:

Of course. It's no mystery.

Cousins is a headcase who has never won anything.  Davis is a very good player but in today’s nba Centers aren’t as influential nearly as much as they were in the 90’s

I also think the Lakers gave up too quickly on Ball, kinda like they did with Russell

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Cousins is a headcase who has never won anything.  Davis is a very good player but in today’s nba Centers aren’t as influential nearly as much as they were in the 90’s

I also think the Lakers gave up too quickly on Ball, kinda like they did with Russell

Ball was just filler material before better days came  .like in the days of Ced Ceballos and what's his face..Van Exel , before Shaq n Kobe.

22 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Ball was just filler material before better days came  .like in the days of Ced Ceballos and what's his face..Van Exel , before Shaq n Kobe.

The main problem for the Lakers next year is they are a team designed to win in the 90’s playing in today’s space and pace world

Even Lebron at this point of his career he’s a power forward 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The main problem for the Lakers next year is they are a team designed to win in the 90’s playing in today’s space and pace world

Even Lebron at this point of his career he’s a power forward 

The best, most dominating,  power forward on planet basketball! 

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:34 AM, Philc1 said:

If it wasn’t for his father’s novelty act, nobody would know who the hell Ball is.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Losmeister said:

The most outspoken player in the NBA criticizes someone for standing up for others.  

I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw LeBron say this.  Hope he's ready for the "negative" he's receiving for exercising his right to free speech.  

On 10/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The most outspoken player in the NBA criticizes someone for standing up for others.  

I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw LeBron say this.  Hope he's ready for the "negative" he's receiving for exercising his right to free speech.  

On 10/15/2019 at 4:38 PM, Losmeister said:

It's going to be fascinating to see how this plays out.  I think the NBA season starts Tuesday.