2020 Draft Needs "Tracker"

jetstream23

Perceived draft needs in September aren't always the same once the actual Draft rolls around the following April.  But as of now I can't see anything more pressing than the following:

1. Wide Receiver

2. Cornerback

3. Offensive Linemen (primarily C, RG, LT)

4. Edge rusher

I'm sure there's some disagreement with the list or maybe just the order of it, but these probably seem obvious to most of us here.  Interested to see how the season goes along, how the season ends, and how Free Agency plays out whether the list changes a little....or a lot.

• Upvote 2

On 9/11/2019 at 7:22 PM, sec101row23 said:

Good list, unfortunately it was the same list as last year...Lol.  Maybe we’ll get this right one of these years.  

It's 200+ days away but after yesterday if the Jets end up w/a Top 10 pick I'd look to move down (once or twice) in the 1st round to the 20s, acquire a couple day 2 picks and let Douglas and his staff go to work.  It won't be sexy, but I'd look to go C in the 1st  Then get, Edge, CB, WR, OL day 2. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

It's 200+ days away but after yesterday if the Jets end up w/a Top 10 pick I'd look to move down (once or twice) in the 1st round to the 20s, acquire a couple day 2 picks and let Douglas and his staff go to work.  It won't be sexy, but I'd look to go C in the 1st  Then get, Edge, CB, WR, OL day 2. 

Ideally yes, hopefully Douglas can execute that better than the previous regime.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's tough to believe just how bad of a gm mike mcganan was.

After 5 drafts and the needs we had when he started are the same ones we have now and all of them are premium tough to get positions.

Priority #1, 2 and 3 for me is fix the oline.  I'd be perfectly happy if we used our 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick on the oline.  No joking.

Right now if you going receiver these are the top 5 receivers I have seen this year. All 5 are Elite Receivers

1.  TYLAN WALLACE -  Oklahoma St. - Reminds you of OBJ.  He is my number 1

2.  JERRY JEUDY -  Alabama  -      A top ten pick talent

3.  C.D. LAMB  -    Oklahoma  -   Another top ten talent

4.  LAVISTKA  SHENAULT -  Colorado -   Mid 1st Round Talent

5.  K.J. HAMMER       -   Penn St.   -       Another 1st round talent.  A Hollywood Brown Clone. 

All 5 of these receivers should be the top 4 receivers in this draft.