McCarthy, where art thou?

DRJETS

13 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

You also stated Andy Reid was a Dino too when he got fired by the Eagles.  NO?

what lol?  No. Why the hell did you associate me with that? 

If i ever said anything about andy, it would have been in a 1-off post. I never felt as strong about him as I do about McCarthy.... and to be fair to Reid, his resume crushes McCarthy. He often did more with less. 

11 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Leave it with the fact that you don’t know what are you talking about.  The Johnson being the most clueless owners in all of sports took the bait that other teams did not including the freaking Browns when Payton gave them a call for his coffee boy.  

What is this?

I didnt know what I’m taking about.

Maybe because I dont even understand what this shlt says.  Or think the Browns have a HC we should use to prove anything?  They let go of the coach who turned around a season for a QB coach, never a OC because their rookie QB liked him

And go ahead with the imbecilic idea that Gase was PMs coffee boy.  Talk about not knowing anything.  Look up what they did together that record setting season.  Why the F would Manning think as highly as he does about Gase.  Because he didn’t check in with you?  A fan twisted because they didn’t hire the guy you liked.  Like the Browns and others did?  Your recommendation?  Keep telling yourself this story 

i wanted Gase, you didn’t.  Good for you, go back to whining about whoever it you liked wouldn’t struggle with a third string, practice squad player and a sieve OL.  Tell yourself that but leave others alone

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Don't lump me in as a Gase apologist. I hated the hire when it happened, and haven't been swayed yet. I (as we all do) try to be optimistic for mental health reasons, but don't start with me and Gase. #MattRhule

Sure, ok.

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Regardless, McCarthy was done. I won't listen any garbage about how much better the Jets would be under his guiding arm. 

You might have to plug your ears or not read the forum then.  Your call which.

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Let's bring in a HC who's reputation was taking a hit.  His offense was stale and stuck in time, he was a problem with his HOF QB, I don't care if some think he's wasn't easy to get along with, he's the Packers.  

Gases rep is as a really bright offensive mind, innovative type.  Struggles without his starting QB.  And backups. 

Over the three seasons he lost his QB. On a better roster than Miami and poster amworse record than Gase. 

This thread is what it is.  Everyone who wanted McCarthy before Gase was hired are licking their chops at the start, talking like any HC could win with this QB and this OL so it's Gase.  Especially McCarthy.  There's no one to prove McCarthy would have won any of these games but sinc there's no way to prove wouldn't......

I somewhat agree with this. And Falk is definitely not NFL ready nor does he have good arm strength and he was waiting for receivers to get open. You can’t do that in the NFL. It’s not college where receivers get open by 10 yards. You have to throw to the spot and let the receiver make the plays. Top QB’s are throwing the ball before the receivers even make their cuts. Plus he really was thrown into the fire.  What I can’t get my head around is that Gase has been working with this O-line since day 1. And 5 weeks into the season the line looks bad. Even worse than the start of the season. 10 sacks. I don’t know what the stats are but no sustained drives. Not many positive yards and not many TD’s. Is that all on Trevor and Luke? Maybe. If this guy is the Offensive genius I think we were led to believe there should be some adjustments in the schemes. Whatever their doing isn’t working. I’ll say it again, 2 set backs to help out with blocking. Double tight end sets to help out blocking. Some roll out plays. Slants over the middle. Brady gets the ball out in 2-3 seconds. No bang bang plays. My beef is Gases  seemingly unwillingness to change things up to meet the challenges the Jets are faced with. It’s the same thing week after week expecting different results. If he’s that good he should mix it up. So he starts a scrub Edgoda and he throws look out blocks all day. There’s a reason he’s not starting and we saw it yesterday. Gase has to use what he has and make it work even a little bit. I saw his press conference yesterday. What a joke.

31 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I somewhat agree with this. And Falk is definitely not NFL ready nor does he have good arm strength and he was waiting for receivers to get open. You can’t do that in the NFL. It’s not college where receivers get open by 10 yards. You have to throw to the spot and let the receiver make the plays. Top QB’s are throwing the ball before the receivers even make their cuts. Plus he really was thrown into the fire.  What I can’t get my head around is that Gase has been working with this O-line since day 1. And 5 weeks into the season the line looks bad. Even worse than the start of the season. 10 sacks. I don’t know what the stats are but no sustained drives. Not many positive yards and not many TD’s. Is that all on Trevor and Luke? Maybe. If this guy is the Offensive genius I think we were led to believe there should be some adjustments in the schemes. Whatever their doing isn’t working. I’ll say it again, 2 set backs to help out with blocking. Double tight end sets to help out blocking. Some roll out plays. Slants over the middle. Brady gets the ball out in 2-3 seconds. No bang bang plays. My beef is Gases  seemingly unwillingness to change things up to meet the challenges the Jets are faced with. It’s the same thing week after week expecting different results. If he’s that good he should mix it up. So he starts a scrub Edgoda and he throws look out blocks all day. There’s a reason he’s not starting and we saw it yesterday. Gase has to use what he has and make it work even a little bit. I saw his press conference yesterday. What a joke.

HCs don't work with OLs.  OL coaches work with OL.

I don't think the 2 WR sets will work either, especially these WR who get no separation and don't get open. 

Hes gone run heavy.  Didn't work

He's gone short passes, lots of screens and nothing deep.  Didn't work

Yesterday he opened it up and threw a little longer, didn't work

Hes benched a chunk of the OL.   Didn help

His QB right now can readma D, has no idea what to when there's a lined up to rush.  He throws late, all the time.  Holds onto the ball too long.  Are you seriously comparing him to Brady?  LOL

His press conference was pretty dead on.  The whole offense, including the coaching wasn't good enough.  The D played well.  STs played well.  Offense sucked.  Including himself.  What did you want to hear, Falk will be better with another week? 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

HCs don't work with OLs.  OL coaches work with OL.

I don't think the 2 WR sets will work either, especially these WR who get no separation and don't get open. 

Hes gone run heavy.  Didn't work

He's gone short passes, lots of screens and nothing deep.  Didn't work

Yesterday he opened it up and threw a little longer, didn't work

Hes benched a chunk of the OL.   Didn help

His QB right now can readma D, has no idea what to when there's a lined up to rush.  He throws late, all the time.  Holds onto the ball too long.  Are you seriously comparing him to Brady?  LOL

His press conference was pretty dead on.  The whole offense, including the coaching wasn't good enough.  The D played well.  STs played well.  Offense sucked.  Including himself.  What did you want to hear, Falk will be better with another week? 

I get the QB situation but Gase wanted Falk. There’s other QBs out there. But he wanted Falk. What I wanted to hear was an answer as to why the Offense can’t block anybody. If he can’t fix it. Next man up. HC’s don’t work with OL’s? Well maybe he should since the whole offense goes no where until the O-line gets fixed. Sam is a dead man walking if they trot him out there. Might even ruin him. Gase has got the play card in his hands on the sideline. I guess we’ll just have to watch this sh*tshow for the rest of the season until the Jets get new players on the O-line next year. I wasn’t opposed to the hiring of Gase but I’ve never in my 50+ years of watching football ever seen anything quite like this. Same players as last year with some so-called improvements and they stink worse than before. How can that be? Maybe it’s the coaching.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What is this?

I didnt know what I’m taking about.

Maybe because I dont even understand what this shlt says.  Or think the Browns have a HC we should use to prove anything?  They let go of the coach who turned around a season for a QB coach, never a OC because their rookie QB liked him

And go ahead with the imbecilic idea that Gase was PMs coffee boy.  Talk about not knowing anything.  Look up what they did together that record setting season.  Why the F would Manning think as highly as he does about Gase.  Because he didn’t check in with you?  A fan twisted because they didn’t hire the guy you liked.  Like the Browns and others did?  Your recommendation?  Keep telling yourself this story 

i wanted Gase, you didn’t.  Good for you, go back to whining about whoever it you liked wouldn’t struggle with a third string, practice squad player and a sieve OL.  Tell yourself that but leave others alone

Payton made that call to the Browns in order to get his coffee boy a HC job and he was rejected on the spot unlike our two clowns, FACT, who were gushing all over Payton.  It was a done deal until report got out that Payton called Chris Johnson about garbage gase.  Most of us were blindsided by this.  I wanted MM because he has a track record developing young QB unlike Gase who derailed a young and coming Ryan Tannehill who will probably be out of football next year.   Gase is what some of us though he will be, TRASH.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

what lol?  No. Why the hell did you associate me with that? 

If i ever said anything about andy, it would have been in a 1-off post. I never felt as strong about him as I do about McCarthy.... and to be fair to Reid, his resume crushes McCarthy. He often did more with less. 

I think there were more than one off post.  But I understand you are a young hickster and more into young college coaches like kingsbury.  To be fair MM had better record than when Reid was fired.  

• Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

I think there were more than one off post.  But I understand you are a young hickster and more into young college coaches like kingsbury.  To be fair MM had better record than when Reid was fired.  

because Rodgers. And no, I certainly did not have a big problem with Reid. He was definitely done in PHI tho. Matt Rhule was the right pick and we blew it  

Btw I’m 40 motherfcker and I ain’t bamboozled by a tall drink of water and an air raid Offense. Just dirty housewives. 

15 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I get the QB situation but Gase wanted Falk. There’s other QBs out there. But he wanted Falk. What I wanted to hear was an answer as to why the Offense can’t block anybody. If he can’t fix it. Next man up. HC’s don’t work with OL’s? Well maybe he should since the whole offense goes no where until the O-line gets fixed. Sam is a dead man walking if they trot him out there. Might even ruin him. Gase has got the play card in his hands on the sideline. I guess we’ll just have to watch this sh*tshow for the rest of the season until the Jets get new players on the O-line next year. I wasn’t opposed to the hiring of Gase but I’ve never in my 50+ years of watching football ever seen anything quite like this. Same players as last year with some so-called improvements and they stink worse than before. How can that be? Maybe it’s the coaching.

Falk was the practice squad project. 

Semien was the backup, not Falk

14 hours ago, DRJETS said:

Payton made that call to the Browns in order to get his coffee boy a HC job and he was rejected on the spot unlike our two clowns, FACT, who were gushing all over Payton.  It was a done deal until report got out that Payton called Chris Johnson about garbage gase.  Most of us were blindsided by this.  I wanted MM because he has a track record developing young QB unlike Gase who derailed a young and coming Ryan Tannehill who will probably be out of football next year.   Gase is what some of us though he will be, TRASH.

You have. O clue what you’re talking about, have no idea if they wanted Gase and the call just added to it.  

You want to believe it was a done deal because of the call, good for you.  Don’t even get the point.  He’s the coach.  You wanted a HC who had success with one QB, that’s fine.  Just don’t write nonsense like Gase derailed Tannehill.  He blew his knee out twice, Gase played him and won with him.  A lot. The guy you credit MM. with developing turned on MM, said the game passed him bu, complained the offense was stale and didn’t work anymore.  Oh well.  By the way the over the top TRASH line, makes the rest sound lame