McCarthy, where art thou?

DRJETS

And to think we were this close to land a RESPECTABLE coach with a track record the same way we once envisioned in the mid 2000's of landing Bill Cowher.   McCarthy wanted to be a Jets and he knew he could work magic here the same way he did in GB when he resurrected Bret Favre's career and then groomed Rodgers into a super QB.  Only our own clowns Jets hierarchy listening to other people with different agenda than the well being of the Jets could settle for this clown on who before he got here had to be separated from beating his previous owner and before his own players had a mutiny against him.   Fking Payton screwed us up twice.     

• Upvote 9
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

yes, Jet fans hate McCarthy because after 10 years of mostly playoff football and raising two hall of fame QB's - had a few malcontents - so he's terrible and can't be hired...

but let's go hire the guy that lost his team, fought with the owner and most of his players... and an offensive coach that put up the 24th, 25th and 31st in his three years as a HC - with his only real accomplishment being the OC of a 37 year old Peyton Manning that mostly ran his own offense.

Yay CJ!!!!

Lucky for you, McCarthy is still available!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Idk how Christopher Johnson sits there and picks Gase over the guy who wants to work with your potential FQB. I mean what was he thinking? “That guy in Miami who’s won nothing sounds good. MM has a super bowl but those don’t really mean anything.”

At the time I was left speechless.  We are not cursed, we are just having these clowns making the wrong decision over and over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

yes, Jet fans hate McCarthy because after 10 years of mostly playoff football and raising two hall of fame QB's - had a few malcontents - so he's terrible and can't be hired...

but let's go hire the guy that lost his team, fought with the owner and most of his players... and an offensive coach that put up the 24th, 25th and 31st in his three years as a HC - with his only real accomplishment being the OC of a 37 year old Peyton Manning that mostly ran his own offense.

Yay CJ!!!!

Also, lets not forget how difficult it was to coach those two diva QB and he did it for many years.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Last I heard he was getting into fights with high school football refs.

My faith in Gase has faded drastically, but McCarthy wasn’t the answer. The guy literally still runs Bill Walsh’s WCO straight out of 1987 and had Aaron Rodgers routinely telling him to go f*ck himself and ignoring his instruction entirely.

Honestly, out of the guys they interviewed, they should’ve rolled with the outside the box hire, Matt Rhule.

Though I still say they should’ve given Mike Shanahan anything he wanted to come here. Even if it was just as a VP of Football Operations and then Shanny could’ve hired one of his guys like Matt LaFleur.

One of the more reasonable posts...I agree.

I have sincere Gase doubts, but the level of venom toward him at this point, given the circumstances of the team at this point is kind of over the top reactionary IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If you hired McCarthy, you were keeping Maccagnan for as long as McCarthy was here. So, sure, if you miss Mike Maccagnan, please feel free to whine about Mike McCarthy some more.

This

I couldnt believe we were stuck with Mac-coffee but such was life

Wanted an experienced pro coach from the offensive side of the ball

Wanted mccarthy

Instead got gase ... who/what/where ... well he checked my boxes ... ok let me see what’s next

Holy $h*t ... he finds a way to get mc-coffee fired !?!?!?! ... this dude is incredible

2019 season starts ... WTF is this $h*tshow !?!?!?!?!

I don’t f*cking know ... but i do know this

If Sam gets this O playing average he should be MVP

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Whoever, whenever, the Jets next coach is needs to be a no nonsense s*** kicker type.  This club med vibe around this franchise for the last decade or so needs to change. 

Like Greg Williams? And JB Cooter as OC. The pieces are already there. Just pull the pin and blow it up.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

Aaron Rodgers is a prima donna dbag. His not likely McCarthy may be the strongest McCarthy endorsement yet.

Rodgers is a notorious asswipe in real life. He and McCarthy stopped getting along after working together for 12 straight years oh the atrocity!

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Like Greg Williams? And JB Cooter as OC. The pieces are already there. Just pull the pin and blow it up.

We can go multiple ways to fix this:

1. Hire McCarthy

2. Hire Harbaugh 

3. Promote Williams to HC and hire an actual GM

10 hours ago, DRJETS said:

And to think we were this close to land a RESPECTABLE coach with a track record the same way we once envisioned in the mid 2000's of landing Bill Cowher.   McCarthy wanted to be a Jets and he knew he could work magic here the same way he did in GB when he resurrected Bret Favre's career and then groomed Rodgers into a super QB.  Only our own clowns Jets hierarchy listening to other people with different agenda than the well being of the Jets could settle for this clown on who before he got here had to be separated from beating his previous owner and before his own players had a mutiny against him.   Fking Payton screwed us up twice.     

If McCarthy is so great, how come no other team hired him?  I know fans act like idiots when their team is going through a bad streak, but do I have to read this garbage?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

if u are so inclined you can go back and look at the thread where I posted when Gase was hired it was a TERRIBLE hire but yet some tried to justify it. We passed on a proven winner with a ring and a guy that actually had a young star qb develop under his watch for a proven loser with no ring and a losing record and ran one of the worst offenses in the league for the dolphins. If you were going to climb Mt Everest would you hire a guy that climbed to the peak and achieved his ultimate goal or one that fell down at the bottom and got stuck there. One could use any analogy in business or life. We actually picked a proven failure over a proven winner.  This what the Jets are all about.

Last I heard he was getting into fights with high school football refs.
My faith in Gase has faded drastically, but McCarthy wasn’t the answer. The guy literally still runs Bill Walsh’s WCO straight out of 1987 and had Aaron Rodgers routinely telling him to go f*ck himself and ignoring his instruction entirely.
Honestly, out of the guys they interviewed, they should’ve rolled with the outside the box hire, Matt Rhule.
Though I still say they should’ve given Mike Shanahan anything he wanted to come here. Even if it was just as a VP of Football Operations and then Shanny could’ve hired one of his guys like Matt LaFleur.

Baylor 5-0, and ranked. Texas tech coming up, plus OK and Texas. Want to see how they do against those three but could be a big year for Ruhle and Baylor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk