Girardi to Phils

section314

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If I were the Mets I would have taken Girardi. 

SAR I

Unfortunately, the Mets either were going to pay him less than he makes at MLB, or they really think there are better guys out there. If it's not Beltran, I don't know who they can sell to the fanbase. It can't be another bench coach/ pitching coach type guy.

BVW gets one shot to pick a manager. If Mets take a step backwards these next 2 years he’ll be replaced by a baseball lifer and we start the rebuild all over. I wanted Girardi but I could see him talking to the press if he fails to win just to get fired and move back into the booth. 

Beltran would work well with the young players and Cano. Perez is polished but not certain of his in game abilities 

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

It was the obvious and perfect choice. Mets are just a cheap organization, makes them really hard to root for.

I'm not qualified to comment on the Mets as I don't know anything about them.  Girardi, different story, having seen every game he managed, I can say he's a good manager, lots of winning, very few mistakes.  But apparently the Mets are looking for more of the Aaron Boone type-  someone who will follow GM's orders and execute the decisions of the analytics team.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not qualified to comment on the Mets as I don't know anything about them.  Girardi, different story, having seen every game he managed, I can say he's a good manager, lots of winning, very few mistakes.  But apparently the Mets are looking for more of the Aaron Boone type-  someone who will follow GM's orders and execute the decisions of the analytics team.

SAR I

Sad   :sad: . When Girardi was 1st mention as a possibility for the Mets job some writer commented that the Mets prob. couldn't afford him. As the time dragged on I realized Joe had no chance with the Mets.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Sad   :sad: . When Girardi was 1st mention as a possibility for the Mets job some writer commented that the Mets prob. couldn't afford him. As the time dragged on I realized Joe had no chance with the Mets.

I think it was ego.  Brodie was a famous flashy agent and now he wants to be a famous flashy GM.  Girardi would have upstaged him.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Brodie is scared to death of an experienced, winning, old school type of guy like a Girardi, Showwalter, Matheny etc that wouldn't stand for his lack of knowledge about the game. Wants a puppet, like a Calloway or Boone. Not any more complicated than that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/25/2019 at 4:04 PM, section314 said:

Brodie is scared to death of an experienced, winning, old school type of guy like a Girardi, Showwalter, Matheny etc that wouldn't stand for his lack of knowledge about the game. Wants a puppet, like a Calloway or Boone. Not any more complicated than that.

So he’s the baseball GM version of Adam Gase?

• Haha 1