13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

LOL

OK which is the non-fact from above?

So to recap:

• Highly touted prospect.
  • Not a bust.
  • Not injured or injury prone.
  • Just turned 24 like a week ago.
  • From the Dallas area, and wants to play there. 
  • Prior signing and roster bonuses were paid by the Jets so those only hit the Jets' salary caps.
  • Contenders in 2019 in need of immediate help on defense.
  • Partial salary for the remainder of 2019 = ~$400K
  • All of 2020 = ~$3.5MM
  • All of 2021 = ~$10-11MM (5th year team option)
  • All of 2022 = ~$8MM (1st year of backloaded 4-5 year extension)
  • So what does that come to, maybe $25MM (give or take) in cumulative cap hits through the end of the 2022 season?

And their top offer - which was anyone's top offer - was pick 20-25 in next year's draft.

You tell me, Captain Spin.

Bullet pointing obvious/mundane tidbits in an attempt to frame it as some sort of indictment is unbecoming of a man of your intellect.

The non-facts, which are the only things that really matter in your post, are:

• What you state was the top offer has been debunked countless times
  • At least 2 teams tried to acquire Adams

20 hours ago, Pac said:

Bullet pointing obvious/mundane tidbits in an attempt to frame it as some sort of indictment is unbecoming of a man of your intellect.

The non-facts, which are the only things that really matter in your post, are:

• What you state was the top offer has been debunked countless times
  • At least 2 teams tried to acquire Adams

Lol you're going to need longer arms if you're going to try reaching this hard.

What was debunked? That I didn't yet know to include like a 5th or 6th round pick in the 2021 draft -- a pick that, chart-wise, wouldn't even make their pick 1 slot higher in 2020 (and would have possibly moved one up a mere 1 slot). But even that's not significant anyway, since we don't know for certain within 5 slots where they're going to be picking, and it's a good guess with all they offered together wouldn't have equated to a top 20 pick in next season's draft (while they get to use this healthy player in this year's games). 

Debunked, lol. It changes nothing, and your second bullet point is irrelevant since the very point is to judge the best trade offer we got, not the second-best one, which may not have even been a very competitive offer for all I know. 

You're still spinning mightily if that's all you've got.

• Sympathy 1

On 10/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, T0mShane said:

1. Jamal thinks he’s better than he is and has no sense of personal accountability, so he wants to go to a team that’s on national TV more where he’d be allowed to run around and gesticulate like a clown while the offense scores 30 points.

2. He tells Josina Anderson that he wants to play for the Cowboys and the news gets around. 

3. The Cowboys call up Joe Douglas and say, “I don’t know. A one? That seems fair.”

4. Douglas says he needs more because that one is guaranteed to be a late-twenties pick and that’d be hard to sell to the fanbase.

5. Dallas says, “nah.”

The one kink in the whole deal; Cowboys at best even in the garbage NFCE will be one and done in the playoffs, if that. THEY LOST TO THE JETS!!!

On 10/29/2019 at 5:23 PM, long time suffering Jets f said:

Yep. I can't wait when Brees or Rodgers lights up the Dallas D come playoff time. Then Joe Douglas will be ready to pounce when Jerry calls back.

Cowboys get lit up every week, but Adams would change very little. Safety blitzes that don't get there? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol you're going to need longer arms if you're going to try reaching this hard.

What was debunked? That I didn't yet know to include like a 5th or 6th round pick in the 2021 draft -- a pick that, chart-wise, wouldn't even make their pick 1 slot higher in 2020 (and would have possibly moved one up a mere 1 slot). But even that's not significant anyway, since we don't know for certain within 5 slots where they're going to be picking, and it's a good guess with all they offered together wouldn't have equated to a top 20 pick in next season's draft (while they get to use this healthy player in this year's games). 

Debunked, lol. It changes nothing, and your second bullet point is irrelevant since the very point is to judge the best trade offer we got, not the second-best one, which may not have even been a very competitive offer for all I know. 

You're still spinning mightily if that's all you've got.

Lawyerly double talk may distract some but the facts are incontrovertible.

NFL teams, including your favorite, value Jamal MUCH more than your irrational faction would have us believe.

You can string together 10 novella-like posts to the contrary but your position has been thoroughly debunked.

The conjecture about the so-called box safety not being impactful or valubale is finito.  It's balderdash...  gobbledygook... claptrap.

I rest my case.

NFL teams, including your favorite, value Jamal MUCH more than your irrational faction would have us believe.
You can string together 10 novella-like posts to the contrary but your position has been thoroughly debunked.
The conjecture about the so-called box safety not being impactful or valubale is finito.  It's balderdash...  gobbledygook... claptrap.
I rest my case.

Provide some quantitative data then. All you have are a few quotes by former players and words like “fire” and “leadership”. As well as PFF grades that have Kerry Rhodes >>> Jamal by a fairly significant margin.
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2019 at 4:27 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets were smart here.  They had a value on adams and did not get that in return.  Now teams know that the jets mean business.

Other teams tried to take advantage of a 1st time gm.  We held our ground and that will benefit us for future years down the line.  Great move not making any deals today.  We are not get pushed around.  You will give us what we want or go away.

Only problem with that is the Jets don't have any talent to trade away. It's obvious to me Joe Douglas's approach to fixing this team is building through the draft. Stockpiling draft choices to build the team. But the problem with that is MacCagnan ruined this team. His drafting was so bad that the Jets don't have much to trade away for picks. Leo was only worth a 3rd and a 5th. Robbie Anderson wasn't even worth trading. 

I also think Jamal is a building block player. This is the kind of player you want to build around. I'm not interested in trading him or Sammy.

16 hours ago, Pac said:

I rest my case.

So your big objection is that I said the top offer was roughly the 25th pick in the upcoming draft, and your big objection that you think debunks 10 bullet points is that they may have also thrown in a late round pick (which is still unknown if that was even this year)? Especially when we don't even know what their draft slot is yet so it's all an estimate anyway?

That's like me saying 10 things and ONE of those things was saying it was roughly 3:00, and you weakly attempt to dismiss all of it with a "You LIAR -- part of what you said is it's roughly 3:00 and it's really roughly 3:02!! I've therefore debunked everything you said and I rest my case!!!"

You rest your case, lol. You have to make a case in the first place to warrant such a proclamation. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So your big objection is that I said the top offer was roughly the 25th pick in the upcoming draft, and your big objection that you think debunks 10 bullet points is that they may have also thrown in a late round pick (which is still unknown if that was even this year)? Especially when we don't even know what their draft slot is yet so it's all an estimate anyway?

That's like me saying 10 things and ONE of those things was saying it was roughly 3:00, and you weakly attempt to dismiss all of it with a "You LIAR -- part of what you said is it's roughly 3:00 and it's really roughly 3:02!! I've therefore debunked everything you said and I rest my case!!!"

You rest your case, lol. You have to make a case in the first place to warrant such a proclamation. 

I feel like we're doing a lot of mental gymnastics when the facts are crystal clear.  I'm not focusing any one particular post in this thread but instead the falsehoods you and the lunatic fringe have been propagating for the better part of 2 years.

We've all had to endure a sea of posts from the vocal minority decrying Jamal Adams' performance and importance.  Earlier this week we got a very loud and clear message from multiple NFL franchises that this is a respected player who's performance and intangibles can have a positive impact.

JeRah offered a 1st and 4th and when the offer was rejected kept trying until the final minutes to get a deal done.

Baltimore offered what was presumably at least a first which would have been the bare minimum to continue a dialogue.

Joe Douglas flatly turned them down and said the price is a 1st and 2 2nd's.  Period.

If Adams was anywhere near as unimportant as you all have desperately tried to convince he is, none of this happens.  Dallas and Baltimore don't call and Douglas JUMPS at a 1st round pick.

Joe Douglas has set a realistic (albeit expensive) price for a superstar player and did not deviate from that price.  If Dallas, or anyone else for that matter, wants to revisit this in the off season they will know what it's going to take to get him.

Now...  if you're asking me if I'd take the 1st and 2 2nds the answer is yes.  But that's not what we're talking about.  We're talking about the bombardment of negativity towards one of our best players for reasons beyond his control.

I think at this point you should just apologize to the board or at the very least acknowledge that many of you are guilty of gross miscalculations.

30 minutes ago, Pac said:

I feel like we're doing a lot of mental gymnastics when the facts are crystal clear.  I'm not focusing any one particular post in this thread but instead the falsehoods you and the lunatic fringe have been propagating for the better part of 2 years.

We've all had to endure a sea of posts from the vocal minority decrying Jamal Adams' performance and importance.  Earlier this week we got a very loud and clear message from multiple NFL franchises that this is a respected player who's performance and intangibles can have a positive impact.

JeRah offered a 1st and 4th and when the offer was rejected kept trying until the final minutes to get a deal done.

Baltimore offered what was presumably at least a first which would have been the bare minimum to continue a dialogue.

Joe Douglas flatly turned them down and said the price is a 1st and 2 2nd's.  Period.

If Adams was anywhere near as unimportant as you all have desperately tried to convince he is, none of this happens.  Dallas and Baltimore don't call and Douglas JUMPS at a 1st round pick.

Joe Douglas has set a realistic (albeit expensive) price for a superstar player and did not deviate from that price.  If Dallas, or anyone else for that matter, wants to revisit this in the off season they will know what it's going to take to get him.

Now...  if you're asking me if I'd take the 1st and 2 2nds the answer is yes.  But that's not what we're talking about.  We're talking about the bombardment of negativity towards one of our best players for reasons beyond his control.

I think at this point you should just apologize to the board or at the very least acknowledge that many of you are guilty of gross miscalculations.

No, you dismissed a bullet-pointed list of facts because you suggested one of the bullet points was debunked, rather than incomplete because I didn't include what might be a late 5th round pick (though it's still not 100% clear it was for a 2020 day-3 pick; it seems it was a day 3 pick swap with us trading Adams and a day 3 pick of our own, like their 1st & 4th for Adams & our 5th perhaps).

In either case it's closer to a rounding error, as you're talking about roughly the value of 1-2 slots that low in round 1. But we don't even know the starting point, and presumably acquiring Adams would help that pick be lower than it otherwise would be.

Hardly the stuff of debunking even that one bullet point, let alone all of them collectively. the apology owed is from you to me for your lies ;)

Gross miscalculations, lol. It's still expected to be the value of roughly the 20th-25th pick in the 2020 draft, even in the case it definitively included their 4th rounder this year outright (which is unclear), unless Dallas suddenly collapsed after acquiring Adams.

It is not a gross miscalculation unless you don't know what the words mean, which is possible. 

And this is merely on one narrow point out of many others that you conveniently glossed over. But you knew that.