Game Observations (MIA)

KRL

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Darnold isn’t good.  He has no understanding of how to play QB.  Who the **** throws that pass?

This is the pros.  It’s too late to learn all that he needs to learn.

Darnold tried to throw the ball away, but the defender pulled him while he was throwing. He needs to make that decision quicker. Terrible playcall by Gase, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

And what did we lose the other 9 games by?  All I know is that I watched every game of that year, and the Jets were downright awful!  They gave up on games, and they gave up on the field.

I was there.  Statistics are for losers.  I watched the games.  I know.

Your not the only one, and Kotite was still more competitive than Adam “crazy eyes” Gase.

1860F4F2-B699-461D-A088-5EA232F21E27.jpeg

D4916FD5-107C-4DC9-B3E0-377D78DB42C5.jpeg

1 minute ago, ryu79 said:

Bart and Ray were criticizing setting the play to roll to his left because it makes it harder for a right handed qb to set up for a throw. 

Well, if THEY said it ;-)

That said, the execution was worse than the play call...a QB has to do whatever to come away with points in that situation. And, quite frankly, if Fitzpatrick did it or Joe Namath did it, it was totally the worst execution because it took points off the board and he looked like garbage doing it.

10 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Why do you say that? Because Darnold executed it like Geno Smith?

2nd & Goal from the 2 and Gase calls a sprint left with three bunch defenders in the goal line? You liked that? Gase not even gave Sam a option in the back of the enzone. OLine and Bell blocked like sh*t too...

5 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Bart and Ray were criticizing setting the play to roll to his left because it makes it harder for a right handed qb to set up for a throw. 

True, rolling left into the short side of the field in a goal line situation doesn't seem to offer opportunity for an easy throw, which is why, as a 'franchise' qb, you need to be ready to throw the ball away as soon as trouble ensues. and, please, no excuses about the ball slipping out of his hands. This is the NFL...

19 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Your not the only one, and Kotite was still more competitive than Adam “crazy eyes” Gase.

1860F4F2-B699-461D-A088-5EA232F21E27.jpeg

D4916FD5-107C-4DC9-B3E0-377D78DB42C5.jpeg

That year, the Jets lost 7 games by 14 points or more.  When you lose the game by 2 touchdowns or more, you are not competitive.  You said the Jets lost 6 games by 5 points or less, so you say that the Jets were competitive.  

I guess we just disagree.

By the way, the Jets barely lost to the 6-2 Buffalo Bills this year.  I guess in your book the Jets are not doing so badly?

The Jets physically gave up on the field with Kotite.  Again, statistics are for losers.  I saw every game that year, and I know what I saw and what I remember about that team.  If Kotite was any good, he would not have been fired after only 1 year as the head coach.  But he was awful, and the team quit on him.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Well, if THEY said it ;-)

That said, the execution was worse than the play call...a QB has to do whatever to come away with points in that situation. And, quite frankly, if Fitzpatrick did it or Joe Namath did it, it was totally the worst execution because it took points off the board and he looked like garbage doing it.

The execution was awful. Our receivers ran into each other. Sam is throwing it away with a defender already making contact. 

All of this is true. Didn't mean to absolve Sam from blame on that play, it sucks. Esp after he was leading a good drive.

No QB, not Brady, Rodgers, you name it could play well with what Sam has to deal with every game. They gave him some time today for a spell and he completed 10 in a row. Sam has player a total of 17 NFL games. He’s young, needs guidance, needs an OC sitting down with him and going over plays while the Defense is on the field. I believe it’s premature to give up on Darnold at this point. He had McCown and Bates helping him last year. When Darnold was miked up against NE, Gase whispered to him you know what to do. No he doesn’t know what to do. He needs guidance. 
After 8 games they haven’t figured out how to give Darnold 3 seconds to get the ball out. Too many free runners coming at the QB. The Offensive schemes are not working. The Offensive plays, for the most part are not working. The Oline which is virtually the same as last year is worse this year. This is an indictment on Gases offense and Pollacks Oline coaching. When Sam has some time he’s very good. He’s gun shy at this point. Not good for a developing QB. The in game adjustments are seemingly not existent. I think it’s fair to give credit where credit is do. The Jets have one of the best RBs in the league, an OK receiving core with Crowder, Robbie and Thomas. A developing TE in Griffin. This is on Gase. I don’t see it any other way. I don’t like Gases isolation, his game plans or his in game adjustments if he’s making any. The team is unprepared and undisciplined. I think this shows the ability or inability of this HC. He should know the Miami strengths and weaknesses better than any coach in football. To lose to the Dolphins, his former team, and the way they lost shows that Gase should be 1 and done. The Jets should not prolong the inevitable. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

No QB, not Brady, Rodgers, you name it could play well with what Sam has to deal with every game. They gave him some time today for a spell and he completed 10 in a row. Sam has player a total of 17 NFL games. He’s young, needs guidance, needs an OC sitting down with him and going over plays while the Defense is on the field. I believe it’s premature to give up on Darnold at this point. He had McCown and Bates helping him last year. When Darnold was miked up against NE, Gase whispered to him you know what to do. No he doesn’t know what to do. He needs guidance. 
After 8 games they haven’t figured out how to give Darnold 3 seconds to get the ball out. Too many free runners coming at the QB. The Offensive schemes are not working. The Offensive plays, for the most part are not working. The Oline which is virtually the same as last year is worse this year. This is an indictment on Gases offense and Pollacks Oline coaching. When Sam has some time he’s very good. He’s gun shy at this point. Not good for a developing QB. The in game adjustments are seemingly not existent. I think it’s fair to give credit where credit is do. The Jets have one of the best RBs in the league, an OK receiving core with Crowder, Robbie and Thomas. A developing TE in Griffin. This is on Gase. I don’t see it any other way. I don’t like Gases isolation, his game plans or his in game adjustments if he’s making any. The team is unprepared and undisciplined. I think this shows the ability or inability of this HC. He should know the Miami strengths and weaknesses better than any coach in football. To lose to the Dolphins, his former team, and the way they lost shows that Gase should be 1 and done. The Jets should not prolong the inevitable. 

I 'up voted' your post because most of it it right on; but I'm tired of hearing the bolded part which I've seen a lot of on this board because it ain't so.

The LT is a rookie and struggling...the starting LG is a PS pickup who is replacing a 'traded for' starting LG who even when he was playing was no better than Carpenter.  OC is still below average, Kalil and/or Harriston.  RG Winters we've all been complaining about for years, still sucks and is another year older.  RT Shell is a below average RT....a JAG.

Before this year, a sure-fire first ballot HOFer like Bell, looks pedestrian and our 22 y.o. QB looks lost...but the OL is NOT virtually the same as last year...it's WORSE.