Game Observations (MIA)

KRL

8 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Part of the reason why I cant give up on Sam is because the Jets took a stud RB and made him a below average RB behind this offensive line.  I'd honestly bench Sam at this point he isn't learning anything behind this historically bad offensive line and a bunch of slot receivers at best.  Let some other backup QB take those hits.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid he's learning some real hard to break bad habits.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

I am sorry I was a part of this 

But this kid goes bonkers every time someone criticize darnold 

The one positive about Darnold potentially busting is the fact we'll no longer have to read Nico's posts. Assuming he is honorable and doesn't welch on his promise.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Absolutely with respect to Adams.  There was no reason to keep him over a late 1st round pick.  He isn't good no matter how many people pretend he is.

Why did 10 teams pro scouts then encourage their teams to call Joe Douglas to trade for him, some offering more than first round picks

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Brett Farve, Tony Romo, Big Ben, John Elway, I can keep going. It was a bone head throw... the ball also slipped off his hand but whatever ... bad throw... that’s all it is though. 2 point impact on the game...

Give it up pal they lost. Darnold couldn't get it done against the worst team in the league because.......surprise the Jets are the worst team in the League. Stop making excuses and face the Facts. Darnold ain't it right now and the rest of this team is flat out HORRIBLE. BUST.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

So you would keep Gase and get rid of Sam Darnold then.  I see that makes sense if you believe in Gase which I don’t but according to you Gase is just being held back by the Dolphins and now the Jets according to you.........

and Darnold playing better under Bates was just a fluke then. 

Is that what I said?  Keep Gase?  There is a world in which they both aren’t good.

As for last year, you’re talking about 3 games.  The idea that Darnold is a franchise QB is based on the Rose Bowl and three games at the end of last year.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Yes let’s judge the entirety of Sam Darnold on one play that had A 2 point impact on a game we lost by 6. Not to mention that he threw a TD on the previous play that was incorrectly overturned. 

Terrible, over simplified analysis. Sam Darnold is 22 and is being asked to pick up this trash heap of a team and save them- by himself. How has future HOF Bell looked behind this line? How did Trevor Simien, a decent starter, and Luke Falk look? There is no gameplan, there are no players, there is no offensive line.

Darnold should be in the running for MVP for making this piece of garbage tram semi serviceable. 

Dude. I actually like a Darnold. A lot. I don't think the team should move on from like some here want. I don't think he's being developed properly by Gase. 

However, this post is ridiculous. @KRL is one of the most objective posters on here. By coming at him over saying Darnold is developing poor habits you reveal more about your own bias.

I think the bad habits are coming in from poor coaching, OL play, and just Darnold's own weaknesses. I think he can eventually be an excellent QB. But all those issues need to be addressed. Including Darnold taking a hard look at his own decision making. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Some fans need to stop being a "snowflake" when Darnold gets 
criticized.  He made an awful throw that led to the INT, deal
with it.  Yes, the team ultimately got five points from the
following sequence of plays.  But this team can't give up any
points and I expect Darnold to be better than that

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Is that what I said?  Keep Gase?  There is a world in which they both aren’t good.

As for last year, you’re talking about 3 games.  The idea that Darnold is a franchise QB is based on the Rose Bowl and three games at the end of last year.

Ok that makes more sense. 

I thought you were shifting blame on Darnold in order to absolve Gase.  

I think that Darnold could end up being a bust but I will not make that decision with Gase at the helm and HC.  

If Sam sucks you move on, period.  But Gase is turning HOF Bell into an inferior RB and that is not just on the OL. 

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

+1

Darnold sucks in 2019 and everyone outside the fanbase can see it clear as day.

Yes, he's in a bad spot.  No, he's not elevating the team in any way above that bad spot via his play.

Something must change before Darnold becomes just another failed prospect.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

B'sCome on now guys.....

Let’s not turn on ourselves out here.......

Indeed let’s save our ire for when we kick Adam Gase in the BALLS for putting a team out here like that!!

Yeah...because Adam Gase had so much say in this teams roster development.  OFF WITH HIS HEAD!  WE ARE NOT AMUSED!

Gase will in all likelihood be shown the door after the season...whatever.  After 4 yrs NFL HC experience, he's probably not all that anyway...not that this NYJ roster is providing adequate players to make an honest assessment, but as I said...whatever.

In typical NYJ fashion, they've gone about assembling this roster the completely wrong way....they knew they needed a long-term solution at QB eventually...but instead of building a quality NFL OL and drafting credible WR's, they kept on drafting, in the early rounds, S's and DL men while ignoring any offense.  Then the QB falls into their lap, and he has sh*t here to support him.

Bottom line is we all have to hope the JD is the real deal...because this roster needs a total overhaul.  Doubt Gase will be around to survive the time needed, and Sam will probably another in a long line of Jets QB's to fail not totally of their own volition.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

+1

Darnold sucks in 2019 and everyone outside the fanbase can see it clear as day.

Yes, he's in a bad spot.  No, he's not elevating the team in any way above that bad spot via his play.

Something must change before Darnold becomes just another failed prospect.

80% of the fan base in this website can see that darnold sucks and have no problem saying it 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Douglas has already showed his true colours in not having the balls to do a hard reset by trading Adams and Quinnen when getting probably the best offers he is ever going to get at the deadline.

If this team was stinking but had 2 or 3 1st rounders and a few 2nd rounders and like 12-13 picks in all there would be some hope but the new gm can have a killer draft and reset.

I have to agree here, if, as reported, he could have gotten a #1 for each of them - and a couple of other picks = I think you have to do it = you then trade out of your high spot in the 1st and you're looking at 4 first rounders next year - 

and with those you DON'T take a Safety and DT.    You take 3 online men and a corner.  And start over.

• Upvote 1

I am not sold on him sucking just yet. He is still really young and has shown flashes, I think if we had an ol and, say, an Edelman type receiver that actually knows how to help his QB out on 3rd down, it might be different. Their receivers are awful as is the OL. 

Still think Sam can and will be a good one once the right system and supporting cast is installed, if ever.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Let’s take note of the fact that Darnold said afterward that he was trying to throw the ball away, not complete a pass. This is believable since I thought that’s what he was doing when he released it. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that he has been bad since the NE game and has been prone to making panicked Hail Mary passes. 

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Yes let’s judge the entirety of Sam Darnold on one play that had A 2 point impact on a game we lost by 6. Not to mention that he threw a TD on the previous play that was incorrectly overturned. 

Terrible, over simplified analysis. Sam Darnold is 22 and is being asked to pick up this trash heap of a team and save them- by himself. How has future HOF Bell looked behind this line? How did Trevor Simien, a decent starter, and Luke Falk look? There is no gameplan, there are no players, there is no offensive line.

Darnold should be in the running for MVP for making this piece of garbage tram semi serviceable. 

I still can’t believe Darnold was the highest rated passer in the NFL over the last quarter of last season with just about the same hideous roster....so there is definite adequate Evidence that he not only can play in the league but can also flourish, if the Jets don’t ruin him.

Yeah, there is absolutely no way you can evaluate him this year when he either gets heat and is cracked on every play or is just flat out steamrolled by a free rusher.  He never has any time to make any reads, and on the rare occasion he does, none of his receivers are open anyway.  Has his play regressed?  Yes.  Mainly because he’s trying to win the game all by himself and has developed bad habits he didn’t have the last quarter of 2018.  But a lot of it has to do with the Jets being even Way Way worse than they were last year...amazing but true.

Yeah if you’re going to lay lots of blame at Darnold, then cut Lev Bell tomorrow, because he must “suck”, rarely gets even 3 yards a carry.  I wonder why.

Again can not get a fair Evaluation of Darnold.  He is playing in the NFL but he is NOT ON AN NFL TEAM.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Darnold isn’t good.  He has no understanding of how to play QB.  Who the **** throws that pass?

This is the pros.  It’s too late to learn all that he needs to learn.

Not sure if your talking about the play at the corner near the goal line. He may have been trying to throw it out of bounds but it looked like it slipped out of his hand. 

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Give it up pal they lost. Darnold couldn't get it done against the worst team in the league because.......surprise the Jets are the worst team in the League. Stop making excuses and face the Facts. Darnold ain't it right now and the rest of this team is flat out HORRIBLE. BUST.

He’s not a bust...not yet.  It’s possible though that the Jets will ruin him, very possible.

He was just AFC Player of the Week a few weeks ago, the game before that he had mono, and the 4 games before that at the end of 2018 Darnold led the NFL in Passer Rating.  There IS some definite talent with regard to Sam Darnold.  Wish I could see him play on an NFL team to make a proper evaluation.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MaxAF said:

Not sure if your talking about the play at the corner near the goal line. He may have been trying to throw it out of bounds but it looked like it slipped out of his hand. 

That's exactly what he said in the press conference. He meant to throw it out of bounds when Robby and Crowder ran into each other but he was hit in the process and it slipped. 

He said specifically that in that situation his aim is to throw it out of bounds rather than take the sack. 

Just terrible situation, especially after what I was sure was a TD to the TE on a great drive. 

Sam's got to be more careful but that's rotten luck too. 

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Again can not get a fair Evaluation of Darnold.  He is playing in the NFL but he is NOT ON AN NFL TEAM.

I don't know. This statement really smells of homerism.

Yes, you CAN fairly evaluate Darnold. You just have to take into account the roster around him. I do. I see

A QB with the physical talent to succeed in the NFL. Great arm, good legs. But I'm not seeing a someone who has had to work for his position. He's been given it and it shows. He shows very little reverence for being the starter and that shows in his recklessness with the football. It's crazy how much he doesn't value the rock.

The play before halftime: wow, even if he takes a sack, it's still fine. But he had a brain fart. And these farts happen multiple times a game.

I'm the most critical of the OL, but they played pretty well--compared to absolutely horrible way they normally play--in the first half. Darnold had ONE drive that wasn't filled with mistakes, either his or others. And, before you tell me about how it's not his fault that the OL has a hands to the face or a poor offensive pass interference call stymies a drive, well, isn't that what we gave up all that capital to draft him for?

I love Darnold's positives. Great physical gifts. I'm not digging his surfer dude schtick, with the mononucleosis and the chucking sh!!t into coverage and all the other bonehead plays he's made. That said, he does have all the physical skills and if sometime this year he appears to grow up, I'll be happy. I just don't think the Jets were in the best position when they drafted him and I think #1 QBs are really best found in the later rounds because you really need OL, CBs, weapons in some amount before you spend what the Jets did, draft-capital-wise, on ONE player.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

People don’t understand Kotite 1996. We lost 6 games by 5 points or less. I dream of being so competitive.

And what did we lose the other 9 games by?  All I know is that I watched every game of that year, and the Jets were downright awful!  They gave up on games, and they gave up on the field.

I was there.  Statistics are for losers.  I watched the games.  I know.

• Post of the Week 1