Was it me... or did Woody today say...

nj meadowlands

1969 was just like yesterday for Woody.:eek:

Hey TX, I've been meaning to ask you this concerning Magnini. I've noticed through your posts that you think this was a good hire for the Jets. Now, would you have been so forthright with with guy had he come from say...the Mike Shanahan "tree"? Or is it because he's Belly's boy?

Hey TX, I've been meaning to ask you this concerning Magnini. I've noticed through your posts that you think this was a good hire for the Jets. Now, would you have been so forthright with with guy had he come from say...the Mike Shanahan "tree"? Or is it because he's Belly's boy?

FL,

I'm a big believer in "coaching tree" roots.

Look throughout the history of the NFL with successful coaches. They tend to spin-off very good coaches (Walsh, Parcells, Belichick, etc.).

To answer your question, if Mangini came from the Shanahan tree, I still think that would be a good, young hire for the Jets.

BTW, watch what Kubiak does in Houston over the next 3 years.;)

FL,

I'm a big believer in "coaching tree" roots.

Look throughout the history of the NFL with successful coaches. They tend to spin-off very good coaches (Walsh, Parcells, Belichick, etc.).

To answer your question, if Mangini came from the Shanahan tree, I still think that would be a good, young hire for the Jets.

BTW, watch what Kubiak does in Houston over the next 3 years.;)

Tex, You know that it's not too often I agree with you - This is one of those times... :cheers:

Archived