Stop Fighting

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I don't partake, but the brady (or any other athlete/celebrity) stuff is whatever to me. They're not on these boards, and even if they were, they don't care about internet gay jokes from strangers.

I don't think that's who you should be worried about offending. 

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Its been some time for me since Ive posted seeing this thread I really feel the need to chime in. Its all well and good to get rid of the pest posters but why ignore the constant homo denigration ? I avoid calling it homophobia. Its not fear, its born of hatred so describing it as such is inaccurate. Interestingly much of it comes from some of the most self proclaimed woke people here. Might be time to look at that more closely.

We have definitely started the process and several posters have received warnings. We have more work to do though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I respect you opinion but disagree.

gay jokes are always funny to me. And it never comes from a hateful place, its just childish humor and with a busy life i enjoy reverting to a teen on this site now and then.

imo, hyper sensitivty is issue #1. Its completely ruined Survivor for me this year. 

so what now?

Some people are crossing a line between just harmless jokes and ganging up on people. That is what we are trying to fix.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

We all have our own set of personal experiences which make us react to certain things differently.  For me, I have a daughter who is mentally handicapped, and there is no more offensive term in the English language, in my view, than the derogatory term that is often used to describe her and others like her.  Antyhing else, I will let roll off my back and I don't really care.  I also understand that I am hyper-sensitive to it and others use the term (which I cannot even bring myself to type) without intending it to be offensive.

Part of being respectful on this site (and in life in general) is understanding that there are things which may mean little to us, but may be highly offensive to others.  And if someone says they are offended, it should be a simple "I am sorry" and be more aware in the future; rather than telling someone if they should or should not be offended.

Just my two cents.

This is an excellent way of explaining things.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The joewilly stuff continues at this point only because he responds to every single instance like it was the first time.

JoeWilly has been warned and banned here several times. This isn't right though, blaming him for people ganging up on him and sending unsolicited and unwanted jokes his way. 

The same way we tell Joe to ignore those he fights with, others need to just put Joe on ignore. Or at a minimum stop @'ing him in posts and taking things off topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

The subject says it all. I hate doing these threads. We prefer to let people sort things out. Simply put, there are too many people fighting and attacking each other.

So, we have no choice but to be more heavy handed. Welcome back warnings, locked threads and banned posters.

We don't want to do this stuff. But the mods have been instructed to just ban those that can't follow the few rules we have: No politics, no religion, no cursing\nudity and NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

Thanks!

God bless you, you sexy bastard! PM me some nudes ... ?

• Haha 1

There are a few people that are very closed to being banned for joking about other people's sexuality. Not cool.

Also, no cursing. Not sure how many times I have to say it. If we get banned from this ad network I am not in position to pay the $600 a month to run the site like I did last time. It is pretty simple, don't curse, talk football, don't attack others.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1