Stop Fighting

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

So when you signed up I knew you were a fake account. You don't make a big effort at hiding it. Many of your posts gave it away but as long as you were getting along with everyone and playing by the rules no worries.

You post this and I say okay, I will take the two and a half minutes needed to figure out who you are. Figured it out and as you predicted in another post in this thread, you are no banned permanently.

You will sign up again. You will send 50 emails begging to come back like you did each of the last 5 times you were banned.

But I want you to know I take your words seriously. We do ban long time posters for breaking the rules. You are Exhibit A, B and C.

Have a great day. We aren't going to leave a light on for you.

duck pics GIF

FireTheJohnsons Banned 5 times! 50 emails sent begging to come back! Now that's loyalty!

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Banned poster gets banned. banned poster emails the site. Banned poster blames left leaning politics. I don't even know what that means. Don't explain it to me. But politics are to blame even when we don't allow politics here.

Good stuff.

Never look at the mirror and accept blame. That is the world we are living in.

Simply. Amazing.

I'd blame politics here for making people stupid, but no, I think people are plenty stupid all on their own. Self-awareness is a real rarity these days.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe he's been banned for 90 days, which is until February 19, 2020. He will be back in time to discuss Joe Douglas' first off-season with the Jets. 

Hey, that's my birthday...I want to return that present. Please be sure to include a gift receipt. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

This is why I’ve said many times Jif is the best poster on this site. He gets it. I’ve often disagreed with your stances, but your always respectful and make your points with class. You are truly an asset to this board.

Why is JiF allowed to make a second account to compliment himself and I'm still arguing with mods about supposedly having the same IP address as this kid I joked about being when Sanchez got drafted?

18lrl4r96l15agif.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

I’ll likely get banned for making that post, and yeah, nowhere am I claiming anyone is forced. I’m pointing out the culture here, and why the fighting is getting worse and why it will continue to get worse. I’ve been here for close to 10 years. There are things about this board that make it great, but it’s also getting worse and worse In a lot of ways. I’m just saying why that is. Like I said, I’ll probably be banned for even making that post

I don't think you'll get banned and, to me, that's a big part of what makes this forum great.  The mods are not on a power trip looking to intimidate/ban people.  That is an exception from most forums that I've seen. It's possible some people get favored treatment but they probably are long time posters or real life friends of Max.  You can't argue with that. It's his site after all.  I'm glad this forum is having a lot of success.  It's deserving of every bit of it.

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think you'll get banned and, to me, that's a big part of what makes this forum great.  The mods are not on a power trip looking to intimidate/ban people.  That is an exception from most forums that I've seen. It's possible some people get favored treatment but they probably are long time posters or real life friends of Max.  You can't argue with that. It's his site after all.  I'm glad this forum is having a lot of success.  It's deserving of every bit of it.

Think again

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Rule number one of choosing moderators: never give it to anyone who lobbies for it.

Speaking as someone who was a moderator and eventually  became an administrator because basically nobody else would do it, it is a thankless job and one where you basically are loved by some and hated by others. You actually develop sort of a groupie following with some of the posters. Anyone who wants the job probably doesn't realize what they are asking for. I'm not saying the guys here hate what they are doing  but as a Mod you have a responsibility to the forum. It's work. 

• Post of the Week 1