Stop Fighting

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The subject says it all. I hate doing these threads. We prefer to let people sort things out. Simply put, there are too many people fighting and attacking each other.

So, we have no choice but to be more heavy handed. Welcome back warnings, locked threads and banned posters.

We don't want to do this stuff. But the mods have been instructed to just ban those that can't follow the few rules we have: No politics, no religion, no cursing\nudity and NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

Thanks!

I agree with the policy but I would like to point out that there are a group of posters who's seemingly only purpose is not to troll. but actively inflame and incite.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Actually we try to mod and do as little as possible. Like to do nothing, but grown men can’t seem to post on a football message board without feelings and a need to test the most simple of rules. It’s honestly not thankless, Max has alway shown appreciating for what little I do. A class act that one. 

Well I was a mod and then North American Administrator for a gaming website. We had posters from all around the world and we had sort of things we had to do because members wanted certain information which we actually  contacted the game companies for answers (like they couldn't  do that themselves), had to prune posts from forums so the server wouldn't fill up, and vet and vote on outsiders becoming members and giving them access to member only parts of the site.  

I think your fortunate you don't  have a lot to do. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well I was a mod and then North American Administrator for a gaming website. We had posters from all around the world and we had sort of things we had to do because members wanted certain information which we actually  contacted the game companies for answers (like they couldn't  do that themselves), had to prune posts from forums so the server wouldn't fill up, and vet and vote on outsiders becoming members and giving them access to member only parts of the site.  

I think your fortunate you don't  have a lot to do. 

F-that shit. I don’t even look at reported posts no more. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hey guys. What’s this thread about? I put the OP on ignore for sending unsolicited nudes. Is this about Jamal Adams and Douglass?

I got a text from you saying, "how are you today?"  

So drop the innocent act, my response wasn't really unsolicited. You know why you really texted me lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think you'll get banned and, to me, that's a big part of what makes this forum great.  The mods are not on a power trip looking to intimidate/ban people.  That is an exception from most forums that I've seen. It's possible some people get favored treatment but they probably are long time posters or real life friends of Max.  You can't argue with that. It's his site after all.  I'm glad this forum is having a lot of success.  It's deserving of every bit of it.

Well I would be biased if I am talking about myself. So maybe I am wrong, but I want to say there are like 5 people on this site that have my phone number. One of them got banned this year and he blew me up lol. He is back now and there are no hard feelings between us. I mean he looks like Deniro in Cape Fear and does push ups while threatening me. But I don't think there are any hard feelings lol.

Does anyone get more rope than others? Yes, I am sure it happens. We do true to give people second chances. Sometimes we get it wrong, but if the site seems important to someone we give them more rope.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I agree with the policy but I would like to point out that there are a group of posters who's seemingly only purpose is not to troll. but actively inflame and incite.

We are circling back for a few things actually.

8 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Why is JiF allowed to make a second account to compliment himself and I'm still arguing with mods about supposedly having the same IP address as this kid I joked about being when Sanchez got drafted?

18lrl4r96l15agif.gif

Settle down, Sowell Train. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Why is JiF allowed to make a second account to compliment himself and I'm still arguing with mods about supposedly having the same IP address as this kid I joked about being when Sanchez got drafted?

18lrl4r96l15agif.gif

Bruh. I’d have taken full credit for being right... 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well I would be biased if I am talking about myself. So maybe I am wrong, but I want to say there are like 5 people on this site that have my phone number. One of them got banned this year and he blew me up lol. He is back now and there are no hard feelings between us. I mean he looks like Deniro in Cape Fear and does push ups while threatening me. But I don't think there are any hard feelings lol.

Does anyone get more rope than others? Yes, I am sure it happens. We do true to give people second chances. Sometimes we get it wrong, but if the site seems important to someone we give them more rope.

It took me 10 years or so to earn some “rope” and all I’ve managed to to is flagellate myself with it... things are going right a planned.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JiF said:

It’s not just the childish bickering, it’s also the same posters spamming each thread with the same garbage they’re posting in every thread. It’s gets old and tiresome.  From my perspective, that’s where this all starts. You can’t have a single conversation with those select few ruining each thread which leads to this nonsense taking over every topic.  It’s a hard board to participate in these days.  

That said, thank you @Maxman and the mods for doing something about it.  Thankless job but it needs to be policed.  

Perfectly stated..

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Its been some time for me since Ive posted seeing this thread I really feel the need to chime in. Its all well and good to get rid of the pest posters but why ignore the constant homo denigration ? I avoid calling it homophobia. Its not fear, its born of hatred so describing it as such is inaccurate. Interestingly much of it comes from some of the most self proclaimed woke people here. Might be time to look at that more closely.

+1

The not funny, outdated "yer so gay, Brady is gay, lol fag" jokes need a complete 100% stop IMHO.  It's 2019 ffs.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Five?  I think I have it somewhere, but I am not very scary. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

I’ll likely get banned for making that post, and yeah, nowhere am I claiming anyone is forced. I’m pointing out the culture here, and why the fighting is getting worse and why it will continue to get worse. I’ve been here for close to 10 years. There are things about this board that make it great, but it’s also getting worse and worse In a lot of ways. I’m just saying why that is. Like I said, I’ll probably be banned for even making that post

I dont know max personally but ive been bs ing with him online for like 15 years.

hes not going to ban you for adding respectful input to this topic.

for the record, i sorta kinda get where youre coming from but i dont think its that big a deal

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+1

The not funny, outdated "yer so gay, Brady is gay, lol fag" jokes need a complete 100% stop IMHO.  It's 2019 ffs.

I respect you opinion but disagree.

gay jokes are always funny to me. And it never comes from a hateful place, its just childish humor and with a busy life i enjoy reverting to a teen on this site now and then.

imo, hyper sensitivty is issue #1. Its completely ruined Survivor for me this year. 

so what now?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

22 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

gay jokes are always funny to me. And it never comes from a hateful place, its just childish humor and with a busy life i enjoy reverting to a teen on this site now and then.

imo, hyper sensitivty is issue #1. Its completely ruined Survivor for me this year. 

so what now?

I don't partake, but the brady (or any other athlete/celebrity) stuff is whatever to me. They're not on these boards, and even if they were, they don't care about internet gay jokes from strangers. 

The Joe Willy stuff is definitely strange and overplayed though. It was fun for the first few posts in the original thread, but has taken on an annoying life of its own since. Plus, Joe is an actual member here who does respond to those, so definitely odd to keep it up across so many threads. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

so what now?

I have a feeling you wouldn't feel this way if it was your own ethnicity, faith or other personal traits being denigrated.

It's Max's site, it's his rules.  I just hope he chooses to ban this kind of "humour" the same way he has already banned racist and sexist "humour".

• Upvote 2