Stop Fighting

I mean this is just space, right? I know some of you actually get together and actually know each other which makes this place even better. However for the rest of us grow some thicker skin. Do people actually take what someone says to heart? This is a great place to give an opinion, get feedback, or just vent please don't screw that up, just think before you post or scroll on. It's pretty basic crap, Geebus.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

It’s not just the childish bickering, it’s also the same posters spamming each thread with the same garbage they’re posting in every thread. It’s gets old and tiresome.  From my perspective, that’s where this all starts. You can’t have a single conversation with those select few ruining each thread which leads to this nonsense taking over every topic.  It’s a hard board to participate in these days.  

That said, thank you @Maxman and the mods for doing something about it.  Thankless job but it needs to be policed.  

We are going to clean that up as well, totally agree.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Been here almost 7 years. Not sure I see what you’re talking about poster who signed up here last month.

He’s even told Tom to cool it before and Tom is a big part of this site(LOLLLL) 

but really, there’s never been any rose-colored glasses or favorites around here. If you are liked, it’s most likely because you play by the rules and are a good poster.

Max has no reason to turn his cheek at negative posters here. If something is burdening the community, he addresses it. It doesn’t matter who it is. A lot of these guys who have been around since JI don’t get themselves in trouble for stupid things.

Edit:: didnt we ban SAR I for a racist joke this past training camp!? It happens.

Thanks. We try to be fair, new posters are the key to long term success. 15 years in, so we definitely understand the importance of new posters. The rules are the rules, the guy that posted this has been banned under different accounts probably 10 times. He is just stirring up stuff. He gets banned and then sends emails begging to come back. Does it every time.

28 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Here's a nice rule I've learned about commenting and such on the internet:

Take 90 seconds to breathe before you reply or say something to someone... A lot of "fights" happen because people just blindly see red after the first few seconds of seeing something they disagree with. We're overcome with a sense of urgency to respond and defend... 

So next time you're ready to battle or attack someone (here or wherever else), just minimize the window, take your hands off the keyboard for 90 seconds and let your composure comeback. You might still disagree with the person but I think you'll find you can reply in a calmer and less combative tone. 

It works for me anyway, and I think it's worth a try. 

And don’t post drunk :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

I know you don’t want to hear this, but a huge part of the problem you have is you apply this very selectively. I’ve seen tons of really offensive posts deleted or changed by posters who you’re loyal to, With no consequences, and others get banned for half of what they do. 

A select group of long timers or those whose stances you agree with  break these rules with regularity, and when others see it, or go back at it, you ban them, and the original offender just keeps on plunging ahead, and it’s established a toxic culture here that is getting worse and worse. Until you follow up on this equally, this will continue to get worse and worse, as they are taking more and more liberties almost daily because they know they will get away with it.

its your site 

......and you are the banned poster formerly known as ?????

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And we are back, my banning was pretty public.

I will let @The Crusher chime in one what he just cleaned up if he wants. But thanks Crusher for taking care of that. People never fail to amaze.

We got a lot of threads to have fun in and make jokes. This is not one of them. Kelly has been warned a tone of times. Didn't like that picture aned sick of telling it the same thing over and over again, so three months to think about it.

We go out of our way to make this place fun and not be to strict on things. Our rules are basic. Just follow them. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The rules are the rules, the guy that posted this has been banned under different accounts probably 10 times. He is just stirring up stuff. He gets banned and then sends emails begging to come back. Does it every time.

I am literally, actually FLABBERGASTED. There are actually people as lame as what the above describes?

Man o Manischewitz!

s-l1600.jpg

• Upvote 1

With the record site traffic you reported, adding another mod or two might be helpful.

Adding one that actually likes the Jets and the players might help balance out the negativity as well.

Not that anyone should be banned or even scolded for posting any opinion, but this board has a heavy tilt towards snarky, negative posts. Full disclaimer: I’ve been guilty of this myself. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

With the record site traffic you reported, adding another mod or two might be helpful.

Adding one that actually likes the Jets and the players might help balance out the negativity as well.

Not that anyone should be banned or even scolded for posting any opinion, but this board has a heavy tilt towards snarky, negative posts. Full disclaimer: I’ve been guilty of this myself. 

Making someone a mod because of any particular viewpoint is a pretty bad idea. 

• Upvote 3

For me the only people that can get old really fast is Tom and SAR I

Tom I don't feel the need to block to avoid seeing the posts, but I had to do SAR.  I've never had to do that on another forum or social media site

Whether its a stance on Jamal Adams, or the uniforms, it didn't matter what the conversation was about, you knew where it was going to end with a brag about $ or re-affirming they don't like a player.  I had to step away for a bit because it was frustrating that it was just the same re-hashed take over and over and over.

With that being said, I also feel like they both offer a lot here, and the forum would suck without either of them, but to see the same reply, snarky comment, or brag gets tiresome which i'm sure a lot of people can agree with,

Not everything is going perfect 100% of the time(as Jets fans we know this completely), but I think there addressing these things now can hopefully make everything better long term. 

Just my thoughts, i'm sure they don't matte much haha

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

adding another mod or two might be helpful.

Not that anyone should be banned or even scolded for posting any opinion, but this board has a heavy tilt towards snarky, negative posts.

This seems to ignore the fact the the Jets are a crappily run organization.

Are rainbows shooting out my arse b/c of this teams success? 

"Liking the Jets" its an interesting phrase. They are my team. 

I still hope they win every single game, and like and have liked (scores of) players.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/05/the-jets-now-and-forever-are-an-nfl-joke-politi.html

perhaps JetNation should lob hand grenades into the offices of NJ.COM for being negative?

Nuthn personal, it's all good man....

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We got a lot of threads to have fun in and make jokes. This is not one of them. Kelly has been warned a tone of times. Didn't like that picture aned sick of telling it the same thing over and over again, so three months to think about it.

We go out of our way to make this place fun and not be to strict on things. Our rules are basic. Just follow them. 

His picture was over the line.  A man attacking a women. Fail to find the humor it in, thanks for taking care of it.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m super snarky when I don’t agree with something. I see where that could get annoying. Think we all have weird things about us that aren’t ideal for keeping a civil board. The over-the-top ones probably are a different category than us though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1