oh for 7

Losmeister

11 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Where are you getting this from?  Think about this vs what you saw-  there’s no way he had more time than all but 2 qbs.  

I’ve read that Darnold had the second or third least time on average of any NFL QB- maybe you misread what you’re quoting?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

Cousins then Brisset then Darnold (tied with Lamar Jackson)

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Thats more his inexperience/ slow processing time

But this is why sacks and oline play are heavily QB dependent.  You regularly see line play improve tremendously with a QB making better recognitions and decisions faster

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That statistic is average time to make a throw, not how long a QB has protection.  These are not the same thing.

if Darnold s protection breaks down and he starts scrambling to buy time before making a throw, it inflates his Time to Throw stat.  In addition, if his receiver needs more time to get open before he can receive a throw, that also can impact this stat.  I’m not saying that his processing speed can’t and didn’t impact this number, but this is not an indicator of pass protection.

as I said Sams protection was not good

from pro football focus

28. NEW YORK JETS

The premier acquisition of the offseason for the Jets, Le’Veon Bell, failed to make the impact that New York had hoped for when it signed him to a big-time contract. The offensive line, paired with scheme, was a big part of that problem. The Jets averaged just 0.7 rushing yards before contact per attempt, the lowest mark of any team in the NFL. Add in that they allowed pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 27.5% of their dropbacks (second-highest mark in the NFL), and it’s not hard to see why they find themselves at 28th on this list.

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

And he played with a lot of bad players

Not the point, you said he improved in every measursble way. I gave you 2 in which he didnt, they are also the 2 most sophisticated measurement we have access to

• Upvote 1

reason number 3455 not to ever watch or listen to espn.  they are a bunch of morons.  must be the water they get in bristol.

as for darnold, maybe we've seen all there is to darnold's game.  if so it's pretty darn good.  he's shown capable of throwing all the throws with accuracy and basically makes good decisions.  give him a good oline that he is confident in and his passing ability will improve.  consider too that his win-loss last season was above 500 (7-6).  and he did this with a subpar oline, somewhat suspect receivers, injuries to the te.

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, CTM said:

Not the point, you said he improved in every measursble way. I gave you 2 in which he didnt, they are also the 2 most sophisticated measurement we have access to

Higher comp percentage

more yards per game passing

more TDs

less INTs

more wins

this despite playing In a new system, having mono, and having no time to throw and no running game.

If you want to support a narrative that he got worse, I’m sure you can find a stat that discounts all of this.   Did you watch him and compare last year and this and that’s what you saw?   My eyes and these stats tell me otherwise.

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/16/2020 at 5:44 AM, Bowles Movement said:

That statistic is average time to make a throw, not how long a QB has protection.  These are not the same thing.

if Darnold s protection breaks down and he starts scrambling to buy time before making a throw, it inflates his Time to Throw stat.  In addition, if his receiver needs more time to get open before he can receive a throw, that also can impact this stat.  I’m not saying that his processing speed can’t and didn’t impact this number, but this is not an indicator of pass protection.

as I said Sams protection was not good

from pro football focus

28. NEW YORK JETS

The premier acquisition of the offseason for the Jets, Le’Veon Bell, failed to make the impact that New York had hoped for when it signed him to a big-time contract. The offensive line, paired with scheme, was a big part of that problem. The Jets averaged just 0.7 rushing yards before contact per attempt, the lowest mark of any team in the NFL. Add in that they allowed pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 27.5% of their dropbacks (second-highest mark in the NFL), and it’s not hard to see why they find themselves at 28th on this list.

22 hours ago, CTM said:

So when you see a Drew Brees (and others on that end) toss it in less than his 2.5 seconds average it also therefore skews the calculated time before pressure, since he's getting rid of it before pressure arrives. Still others generated more time before pressure by moving around themselves (whether because they roll out more by design or instinctively know when to step up into the pocket), creating more distance between them and rushers or so they’re not technically under pressure on that throw. These things all affect this stat. Further, there's surely a game or two the pass rush was on him in under that 2.5 average, but that doesn't mean the other 14-15 games he was under similar duress even though it affects the cumulative total. Plenty of plays he got hit holding it too long that you, just as well as I, had ok ur own internal clocks go off and yelled at the TV "get rid of it!" as he ate it instead of moving. And others see a window, a second open man, or check it down, faster than others, again skewing it because they're getting rid of it before there's pressure. He's taking more time to throw than almost all others. So even the pressure stat is tremendously induced by the QB himself, particularly when were talking about a fraction of a second cumulative average.

No one doubts the line sucked. No one. But this "historically bad" pass blocking is not accurate either. It wasn't even worst in the league this one particular year under the narrow "under pressure" lens. 

I like Darnold & think he could be a great QB in time, but he's not processing things quickly enough. Now he's just a young kid, and for some this occurs later than for others, but if you didn't see how Houston's line was even worse for Watson as he started his own career then you didn't watch any of those games. 

• Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, rangerous said:

reason number 3455 not to ever watch or listen to espn.  they are a bunch of morons.  must be the water they get in bristol.

as for darnold, maybe we've seen all there is to darnold's game.  if so it's pretty darn good.  he's shown capable of throwing all the throws with accuracy and basically makes good decisions.  give him a good oline that he is confident in and his passing ability will improve.  consider too that his win-loss last season was above 500 (7-6).  and he did this with a subpar oline, somewhat suspect receivers, injuries to the te.

+1

Sam Darnold is more than good enough to dominate the division.  He’s shown a ton. He’s 22. 

As for having that clutch playoff gene, no one knows until we get there.  All indications are positive at the moment. 

You’d have to be one massive SOJAH to be down on Darnold right now.  

SAR I

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No one doubts the line sucked. No one. But this "historically bad" pass blocking is not accurate either.

100%. I've asked a few times for  someone to support that with something other than eye test nonsense.

It was very bad when Beachum was hurt and below average with him playing . Historically bad is just Dahnald fluffing 

12 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Higher comp percentage

more yards per game passing

more TDs

less INTs

more wins

this despite playing In a new system, having mono, and having no time to throw and no running game.

If you want to support a narrative that he got worse, I’m sure you can find a stat that discounts all of this.   Did you watch him and compare last year and this and that’s what you saw?   My eyes and these stats tell me otherwise.

+1000

How anyone can not see how good this kid is is mind-boggling.  Watch this video.  Amazing throw after amazing throw, it's ridiculous that SOJF's are making #darnoldshaming their offseason agenda.  They're sickening.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1000

How anyone can not see how good this kid is is mind-boggling.  Watch this video.  Amazing throw after amazing throw, it's ridiculous that SOJF's are making #darnoldshaming their offseason agenda.  They're sickening.

SAR I

Id love to see how the off season goes in terms of getting him some help.  Then we should poll the group for Sams  2020 projected stats and charge everybody who wants to play 5 bucks .  Closest prediction wins the pool money.  Would that be legal on this site?