Odell Beckham Jr on the Jets? Greenbean Chimes In…

JetNation

I went there this week looking for news about this OBJ story, and it's deader then a doornail, lol (there's another, bigger one, but even that pales in comparison to JN). That's when I found the Baker/Cheesecake Factory story... now if that had happened to Sam, how many pages/threads do you think we'd have? They had about 50 posts.
You know how I like Mayfield, so I check that site and the other one out a lot during the season, along with those of some other teams. You'd be surprised how interchangeable these sights all are. Just change the name of the team or players... all us fans are the same, lol. Everyone hates their owner, thinks their GM or HC is an idiot, wants to get OL help, and are divided on their QB to some extent. 

Gotcha. It’s hard to realize just how lively JN is compared to other fan forums.
It’s Interesting for me to hear about the other sites.

Back in the day there was the old Rivals.com boards. They had every single fan site as a link to the larger network. It was just a drop down menu on the top of the page. Navigating between fan sits was as simple as a click away. I would talk to every teams fans we were playing. It was great.
Then suddenly it collapsed.

I tried to get to some other fans sites from time to time but didn’t want to be a member to everything and all that.
I like hearing how much better we are too Lol
We’re the most intense yet ridiculous fans in the League I’d say.

I don’t even know what the cheesecake issue is. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

Resign Beachum,Lewis. Sign Glasgow. Trade 2nd for OBJ, trade Jamal for 17,82. 11 take Thomas/Wirfs/Wills. At 17- BPA at WR/Edge (Ruggs/Higgins/Chaisson/Epenesa/Gross-Métos. Then you have 3 3rd rounders to add more depth at OL/CB 

new line Thomas/Lewis/Harrison/Glasgow/Beachum
OBJ Ruggs/Higgins Crowder Smith Docston Herndon
that’s what I would do we finally give Sam weapons, and add 2 new Olineman to help protect him. I expect Joe D to sign another Olineman as well but I went conservative just Incase 

I don’t see the Adams part happening but I will say that we are better than the majority of GM’s out there. I really believe that.
Even what you just laid out is closer to an actual plan than anything I’ve seen from this friggin franchise in a decade.
hahaha.

Come on JD!!! Get this done!

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don’t see the Adams part happening but I will say that we are better than the majority of GM’s out there. I really believe that.
Even what you just laid out is closer to an actual plan than anything I’ve seen from this friggin franchise in a decade.
hahaha.

Come on JD!!! Get this done!

Lmao I agree I am so excited for the offseason to really start I’m just constantly refreshing Twitter hoping for trades etc ?? 

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah, I could imagine it. lol  I can imagine all sorts of stuff. 

But what happens to the o line in that scenario?  Beachum and Conklin at the bookends. You're obviously using #11 for Cee Dee lamb and we are left with #48 and probably #79 for 3 positions on the o line. We have Harrison who is serviceable, but turd like. That also applies to lewis. ok but not good. And who is playing RG?   So maybe we can get Glasgow or draft someone like Biadasz for one of them. but that's gonna leave us with the same problems on the line. 

To be clear, I agree that it would be quite the something to have that lineup at the skill spots. But if Sam doesn't have time and there aren't any holes for the RB's we are in much the same situation as last season.

oh... I also agree that it would probably take the 2nd to get it done. Unless we throw in Williamson or something. 

That's exactly right. The Jets have enough dough to get 2 Olineman in free agency. Conklin + Glasgow like you stated. They could reup Beachum for 1 year, maybe draft Biadesz with #2. 

Beachum- Lewis- Glasgow to start the season at Center- maybe put Biadesz at Guard between the 2 veterans (Glasgow & Conklin).

Remember that the only WR on this team that got open quickly was Crowder. Anderson is terrible when pressed into short routes! Plus we didn't have Herndon who is a matchup problem when you have so many other weapons & Le'veon Bell in the backfield. 

Bell is very good at picking up the blitz, if we traded for OBJ & drafted Ceedee Lamb at #11, Crowder in the slot, Herndon at TE, defenses better be damn sure they get to Sam Darnold with those 2 guys on the outside! 

Hot reads could go the distance with one defensive screwup. The Oline won't have to be ALL WORLD, with all of those weapons the Oline just has to be a bit better than they played the last 8 games. It was easy for teams to blitz & run blitz us without a TE, and no WRs that can get off the LOS outside of Crowder. OBJ with Ceedee or Jeudy would be insane once Darnold got use to them. How many teams have a 3-CBs good enough to cover 3 studs like Lamb or Jeudy, OBJ & Crowder? Plus Herndon + Bell & possibly Dobbs or Hellaire? being phased in. 

We only know what it's like to have very few weapons which has always made it easy for us to be defended. 5 very good players across the board makes what defenses can do that much harder when you attack the weakness points, which most teams have on defense in this new NFL. 

Not that any of this will come to fruition but based on picking at #11, and how mock drafts have gone obtaining OBJ & Ceedee or Jeudy is truly not out of the realm of possibility. And that's why this offseason could be one of our most exciting in a long time.  

Last Jets offensive pro bowler—Nick Mangold 2010. Last Jets offensive skill position pro bowler—Curtis Martin 2004. Yes you try to get OBJ.

What exactly are we worried about “blowing up” anyway? It’s like not buying a race car because you’re afraid it’ll knock over the trash can at the end of the driveway.

• Haha 1