7 Most Likely Jets Picks at 11, which 1 do you want?

7 most likely....  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Of these 7 players likely to be on the board at 11, I would draft.....

• Andrew Thomas OT
    • Jerry Jeudy WR
    • CeeDee Lamb WR
    • Henry Ruggs WR
    • K'Lavon Chaisson Edge
    • Javon Kinlaw DT
    • CJ Henderson CB
  2. 2. Of these 7 players likely to be on the board at 11, the one I would be least likely to draft is.....

• Andrew Thomas OT
    • Jerry Jeudy WR
    • CeeDee Lamb WR
    • Henry Ruggs WR
    • K'Lavon Chaisson Edge
    • Javon Kinlaw DT
    • CJ Henderson CB

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He's a WR2.  Whether we keep Robby or not, we need a WR1.  

I agree, but if we lose Robby and don't replace him with a comparable FA (who?), we will have no number 1 or 2 WRs on the roster. WR arguably instantly becomes the weakest positional group  on the team and we will be desperate for bodies at the position. To me, this makes drafting someone like Jeudy or Lamb at 11 even more appealing. 

If Robby is on the team, we could conceivably piece together another year of meh WRs and prioritize building a strong offensive line in the draft. 

It could also be argued that the Jets think there are instant starting caliber WRs available in round 2 and 3, but it really depends on the Jets draft board. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why is everyone so down on Thomas all of a sudden?  At one point he was a lock franchise LT and the first OT off the board for a lot of "experts" and draftniks here.  

That's always how the buildup to the draft goes. It's always funny

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The other big question is, if the Jets are staring at their 4th highest rated OT and their top rated WR, which way do they go?

They SHOULD go with the OT.  If they think he'll be a franchise LT, he's worth taking over the WR.  A slightly above average LT for the next decade+ >>> any WR.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

They SHOULD go with the OT.  If they think he'll be a franchise LT, he's worth taking over the WR.  A slightly above average LT for the next decade+ >>> any WR.  

The draft is deep in WR so I would prefer grabbing a bigtime OL at 11.  We can always draft a good WR at 48 and 68

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yea, I think I agree, but I do worry about them reaching for a tackle who ends up not being that good. 

Whoever they pick needs to be a long term starter. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, I think I agree, but I do worry about them reaching for a tackle who ends up not being that good. 

Right.  It's not enough to say that he was "only" their 4th-highest graded OT.  If they have 4-5 OT's on their board they think can all be elite or at least above average franchise LT's, then any of them are worth more than the top WR.  

But if they only have 3 OT's as potential above average franchise LT's or better, and all get taken prior to 11, then yes, either go with the WR or look to trade down.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah I don’t want them to reach for anybody especially if all the a Big OL gone and a lamb/Jeudy are there.  My first preference is still one of the big three OL slides to us 

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Robby's presence shouldn't have anything to do with what we do with our picks.  He's a WR2, regardless of what his salary ends up being.  Whether we keep Robby or not, we need a WR1.  

You beat me to it. Even if Robbie comes back we don't have a #1 receiver. You can protect Darnold all day but if he doesn't have anyone to throw it to it won't matter.

If JD's guy falls to him at 11, take the OL. If his guy doesn't make it to 11, take the WR and go OL in the second.

My $0.02.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Im the only a-hole on the board to vote Ruggs over Lamb/Jeudy i just think this team needs a Tyreek Hill even more than it needs a Deandre Hopkins. (assuming best cases all around) 

as for Andrew Thomas, I have no inside information on this player but it feels like a stock where something's "off"  - maybe they found something at medicals, maybe he's not such a hot athlete. He is tall, which Gase and Co like but if he's fallen to 11 the question begs, why? 

He's not listed but Mekhi Becton is probably the Jets #1 OT prospect. I've done a turn around on this player since the combine happy to be wrong. He's probably not going to be there, we all agree on that, right? 

I've been on the Ruggs train all the way. He's an Al Davis pick if there ever was one. Every mock simulation I run starts with either Thomas or Ruggs. I just never thought the Jets would have a shot at Thomas at pick #11. As you say, not sure why that seems to be happening. But, tape don't lie and I have watched just about every Dawgs game he's played in and he sure looks like the real deal to me.  

• Upvote 2